Love At First Sight!
Book Description
A New Amish Romance from Christy Winner and Bestselling Author Leslie Gould
When Addie Cramer's mutter and daed decide Phillip Eicher is the man for her to marry, they claim she must honor them by obeying their wishes. But then she falls in love with Jonathan Mosier--part of the family with whom the Cramers have a long-held grudge.
With the help of others in her community who long to see the quarrel healed, Jonathan and Addie struggle to continue their relationship against both sets of parents' wishes. But when one of Addie's vengeful brothers harms a member of the Mosier family, Jonathan intervenes and is banished from Lancaster County.
A distraught Addie determines to find the true reason for the grudge between the two families, hoping to tear down the animosity of the past. Can their love for each other bridge the divide between their families? Or are they destined to remain apart forever?
Purchase here:
http://www.deepershopping.com/item/gould-leslie/adoring-addie-courtships-of-lancaster-county-series/4895787.html
When Addie Cramer's mutter and daed decide Phillip Eicher is the man for her to marry, they claim she must honor them by obeying their wishes. But then she falls in love with Jonathan Mosier--part of the family with whom the Cramers have a long-held grudge.
With the help of others in her community who long to see the quarrel healed, Jonathan and Addie struggle to continue their relationship against both sets of parents' wishes. But when one of Addie's vengeful brothers harms a member of the Mosier family, Jonathan intervenes and is banished from Lancaster County.
A distraught Addie determines to find the true reason for the grudge between the two families, hoping to tear down the animosity of the past. Can their love for each other bridge the divide between their families? Or are they destined to remain apart forever?
Purchase here:
http://www.deepershopping.com/item/gould-leslie/adoring-addie-courtships-of-lancaster-county-series/4895787.html
About the Author
Leslie Gould is the author of Courting Cate and the coauthor, with Mindy Starns Clark, of the #1 bestselling The Amish Midwife and The Amish Nanny. She holds an MFA in creative writing from Portland State University and has taught fiction writing at Multnomah University as an adjunct professor. She resides with her husband and four children in Portland, Oregon. Learn more at www.lesliegould.com.
My Review ~
Addie Cramer's family is intent on her marrying Phillip Eicher, the Amish bishop's son, but Addie lacks any feelings beyond friendship for the young man. Her parents are persistent that she marry Phillip in honor and obedience to them, but Addie's head is turned by another man. Jonathan Mosier's family has moved back to Lancaster County after living in another Amish community for several years. Upon meeting Jonathan, Addie's senses are heightened and she knows she's in love. Jonathan shares her attraction but their lives become chaotic because of their attraction. The Cramers and Mosiers have held a longstanding grudge against one another, and both families are unwilling to forgive and forget. Addie is forbidden to see Jonathan which only adds bitterness and despair to her unhappiness. An Amish Romeo and Juliet, Jonathan and Addie do everything in their power to overcome the unforgiving feelings that still have a hold on their families.
Leslie Gould has penned another beautiful Amish love tale, a facsimile to the well-known story of Romeo and Juliet, a story of obedience and compromise. Written with multiple levels and several diverse characters, the author has combined these elements into a well-told and successful novel. Numerous emotions are characterized, and examples of mental health issues, including depression, anger and alcoholism are depicted in an open and direct style. Forgiveness is the archetype the Amish manifest in their beliefs, and is at the core of this well-written story. I previously read and thoroughly enjoyed Courting Cate, and this second book in The Courtships of Lancaster County is no disappointment! I look forward to the sequel in this series.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are mine, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
Contest Rules: In order to qualify for this contest, please leave a comment below with your email address using [at] and [dot], and please SHARE this post on your timeline and post that you did in your comment. Contest ends Tuesday, 7-23-13. Winner has 5 days from that date to contact me in order to receive the book.


Leslie Gould is an author that I've been wanting to read, so I was glad to help publicize this on Facebook, Nancee. I also love Amish fiction.
ReplyDeletecjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net
I would love to win a copy of this book! I enjoy Leslie Gould's books.
ReplyDeleteGreat review Nancee! I enjoy reading them.
Blessings!
Judy B
judyjohn2004(at)yahoo(dot)com
Nancee, you write such great reviews. No wonder everyone wants you to read their book. I love to read Amish fiction. Please enter me in your contest. Also, I shared your post on my timeline. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteBarbara Thompson
barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com
Barbara! Congratulations! You are the winner of Adoring Addie!
DeleteI would love to win a copy of her book. Love your review! I will be glad to post on my facebook!
ReplyDeleteLiz
northerncountrygrl26(at)gmail(dot)com
I would give anything to win a copy of this book. I will also share this on my timeline. Barb. Bgauthier49(at)live(dot)com
ReplyDeleteI have read a cpl books by Leslie Gould and enjoyed them all!
ReplyDeleteIt was The Women of Lancaster County series she co-authored. Wonderful reads!! :)
I would love to win a cop of her newest creation!
Thank you for the chance to win. God Bless!
Cathy
Oh and I shared your review to my fb as well.
ReplyDeleteGreat review! Loved Leslie Gould's Amsih boojs with Mindy Starns Clark. Would love to read this one!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Jasmine A.
montanamade(at)gmail(dot)com
P.S. Shared a link to this post on my Facebook wall/timeline.
i sure would love to win this book thank you
ReplyDeleteShirley B jcisforme@aol.com
Thanks to all of you who took the time to visit my blog.
ReplyDeleteYou are most welcome, Nancee. I have never heard of you until today and I am glad I had this opportunity to see your blog and also this page and the contest. Blessings to you always. Mary Lou K
Deleteflowersmarylou85(at)gmail(dot)com
I would so love to win this book. Thanks for all your wonderful reviews. I have never had the opportunity to read Leslie's books and would so love to win a copy and get introduced to her as another author. Thanks for the contest and chance to enter and win. I will hope....
ReplyDeleteMary Lou K
flowersmarylou85(at)gmail(dot)com