Forever Amish
by Kate Lloyd
Review & Giveaway x 2!
Description
The latest book in the Legacy of Lancaster trilogy, Forever Amishintroduces us to a young woman about to uncover a shocking secret and find an invitation to a new way of living. This is a story of forgiveness, legacies, and the ties that bind through generations.
It’s the Last Thing She Expects to Find
Sally Bingham needs some time away to sort through the changes in her life and to rethink her upcoming marriage. Despite her ailing father’s hesitations, she takes off for a bed and breakfast in Lancaster County for a weekend away. But her best-laid plans leave her in a near collision with a bishop’s buggy and in the home of a mysterious Amish woman named Lizzie. Lizzie introduces her to a different perspective on life, a charming farmhand named Armin— and opens a Pandora’s box that will forever change Sally’s life.
Purchase a copy and learn more at Kate’s website. Copies can also be purchased at http://www.deepershopping.com/ - $9.74
Biography
Author Kate Lloyd is a passionate observer of human relationships. A native of Baltimore, Kate spends time with family and friends in Lancaster County, PA, the inspiration for her novels. She is a member of the Lancaster County Mennonite Historical Society. Kate and her husband live in the Pacific Northwest. Kate studied painting and sculpture in college. She’s worked a variety of jobs, including car salesman and restaurateur.
Find out more about Kate at http://katelloyd.com and https://www.facebook.com/kate.lloyd.773?fref=ts
My Review ~
The third in the Legacy of Lancaster Series, Forever Amish deviates from the mainstream as Amish fiction goes. This parable begins with Sally Bingham and her father who lead fairly ordinary lives aside from the fact that Sally's mother disappeared from her life when she was too young to remember. Sally has been receiving emails from an Amish girl in Pennsylvania which have piqued her curiosity. A weekend trip to Lancaster County launches Sally into a curious situation that has her questioning the direction her life is taking, and opens some doors to her past. Her father's deception surfaces, and Sally's presence in the Amish community opens her eyes to the importance of family and faith. Numerous questions arise and a handsome Amish man attracts Sally's attention, but who could learn to live with the restrictions the Amish Ordnung places on its families?
Kate Lloyd has taken an unexpected approach in the last of this series by introducing a young Englisch woman and her father and creating an unpredictable and unexpected adventure into the Amish community. Deception is a strong theme that could sever relationships or potentially bind them together. A strong contrast between the Amish life and the modern ways of the non-Amish are well delineated throughout this fast-paced novel. The consequences that result from a life of deception are well portrayed throughout, and forgiveness becomes the focus in the lives of the characters in this complex story. The author has created a thought-provoking and strong moral thread in this final book in this series. This could easily be a stand-alone book, not reliant on the prequels. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I received copies of this book from the Wynn-Wynn Media and LitFuse in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address from spam. Share this review with your friends. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is: July 2, 2014


Nancee, I enjoyed reading your review of Forever Amish by Kate Lloyd. It is a wonderful book and I agree, it stands alone just fine, no need to read the earlier books in the series, but Kate's writing is so good, who wouldn't want to read the earlier books! Your blog is beautifully put together.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Gloria! I really enjoyed this third book in the series. Kate just keeps getting better and better!
DeleteI have not yet read the book but as usual so excited to do so cause I am addicted to the Amish life. PaMammy42@aol.com
DeleteGreat review Nancee! Don't enter me because I have this book. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your review.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
Thank you for your wonderful review and for this contest! I would really love to win this book! Mary Lou K
ReplyDeleteflowersmarylou85(at)gmail(dot)com Shared on google and FB and following.
Love Kate's books and this one sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing this interview Nancee. I always enjoy your blog! I shared on fb and twitter and I am already a follower of your blog. ~ Blessings ~ lisastifler(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Lisa!!! You name was drawn in this contest, so you will be receiving a copy of Forever Amish!
DeleteGreat review Nancee and a very interesting interview with Kate. I love your interviews especially with one that I am not very familiar with. Her Amish books all sound outstanding, especially since they are a stand alone series, and I would love to be among the winners of Forever Amish. Thanks for the opportunity to enter the giveaway. I already like you on FB & Twitter, and your blogs and will be delighted to share this on all sites. Blessings, love and light...ratsmith140(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteSounds like a unique novel. Great review, Nancee. I love unpredictable storylines.
ReplyDeletePlease enter me in the drawing to win a copy of Forever Amish.
Thanks!!
cindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com
Hello Nancee. Seems i have been waiting forever for this last book of this series. I am so glad it is finally out. Thanks for the great review. Sounds real different but very interesting. Sure hoping to be one of your winners. I shared this on my Facebook page asking friends and family to join you. I am already a follower of yours. Thanks for this give-away. GOD bless you . Maxie
ReplyDelete> mac262(at)me(dot)com <
I love Kate's books, Nancee, and would love to win! nashhall (AT) aol (DOT) com
ReplyDeleteI am a blog follower and will share on facebook.
ReplyDeleteGreat review. Kate is an excellent author and I can't wait to read her new book. Thank you for the chance to win a copy.
ReplyDeletekmgervais(at)nycap(dot)rr(dot)com
I'm a follower of your blog and I tweeted: https://twitter.com/MsRubyKat/status/482196999567978496
ReplyDeleteAlso shared on FB.
kmgervais(at)nycap(dot)rr(dot)com
Thanks for the review and giveaway!! I haven't read any of Kate's books and would love to read "Forever Amish"!!
ReplyDeletebonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com
I am a follower of your blog and shared this post on Facebook!!
Wonderful review. This book sounds so good.
ReplyDeletesrraphinangei7(at)aol(dot)com.
Thanks for the chance to win. Great review and it makes me want to read this.
ReplyDeletestampin_cindy(at)Verizon(dot)net
sounds like a great book thank you for the chance to win strawberriesof57@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteHi Nancee, see you over at bookclub Network...I love to read this author and this book sounds like a great story, thanks for sharing your comments on the book. I look forward to reading this one too.
ReplyDeletePaula O(Kyflo130@yahoo.com)
sharing on FB and have signed up for your blog, thanks Nancee
ReplyDeletePaula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)
I have Kate Lloyd in my list of authors to read this summer while on my summer break.
ReplyDeleteThank You Nancee for your review.
bluehair1967 [at] yahoo [dot] com
shared on facebook
ReplyDeleteand signed up for your blog
DeleteI like it when the author pus a new spin on the same old-same old :) Book sounds great and would complete my collection! Thanks for offering the giveaway, Nancee and sharing your thoughts on this book.
ReplyDelete+1- I'm a GFC follower
+1- subscribe through email
Congratulations, Anne! Your name was drawn in this contest, so you will be receiving a copy of Forever Amish!
DeleteYay!!! Thank you so much :)
Deleteemi_k_a68 at msn dot com
ReplyDeleteWonderful review -- sounds like a book that I would love. Please enter me in the giveaway. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI am a follower of your blog and I shared on facebook.
ReplyDeleteI read her first 2 books last year when I was on sick leave, so I can't wait to read this one. I follow this blog by e-mail.
ReplyDeletesusanlulu(at)yahoo(dot)com
I would love to win valerie
ReplyDeleteimpicbb(at) juno(dot)com
I would love to win a copy of Forever Amish Book. Thank you for a chance to win one.
ReplyDeleteKris@talktoday.us
I have posted and it isn't showing up so I am going try again.I would love to win this book,I love Kate's books.Great review Nancee and thanks for the chance to win this book.jackie_tessnair{at}yahoo{dot}com
ReplyDeleteWould love to win your book...it sounds great!!! Thank you for the giveaway
ReplyDeletestrgth4yu(at)hotmail(dot)com
Thank you for your review. This sounds like a great book.
ReplyDeletesusanmsj at msn dot com
I am an email follower.
This book sounds good
ReplyDeletewould love to win this valerie
ReplyDeleteimpicbb(at)juno(dot)com
Would love to win this book. Sounds great!
ReplyDeletedonco49(at)gmail(dot)com
Thank you SO much for the great review, Nancee, and to all who commented! Good luck in the two-book giveaway! I hope the winners enjoy reading Forever Amish!
ReplyDeleteYou're so welcome, Kate! I thoroughly enjoyed this series and look forward to many more books in the future!
DeleteThank you for the review. This book sounds really good but then so did the first two of the series. Thank you for the opportunity to win a copy.
ReplyDeletemsbookwormlady(at)aol(dot)com
Kelly Reed Brown has been unsuccessful leaving a comment, so I am adding her to the contest. Occasionally this happens. I'm happy to post a comment for those of you who would like to enter my contest if your comment does not publish.
ReplyDeleteKelly Reed Brown also shared this post on FB.
Deletei love your books and sure hope you pick me
ReplyDeleteAhirley B jcisforme@aol.com