* Before I share my review with you I'd like to extend my heartfelt condolences and prayers to Ann regarding the loss of her dear mother this past weekend. May she feel God's love and strength as she mourns her loss.
Love Comes Home
(Rosey Corner Series, #3)
by Ann H. Gabhart
Description
When the flush of victory fades, there remains a winding road to an uncertain future.
World War II is finally over and the people of Rosey Corner are busy joyfully welcoming the boys home. The Merritt sisters in particular are looking toward the future. Kate is eager to start a family and live out her dream of happily ever after with Jay. Evangeline craves a beautiful house and encourages Mike to pastor a big-town church. Victoria wants what can never be—a life with a man who will never come back. And Lorena is growing up and wondering more and more about her birth family.
Each sister must learn to hold her plans with a loose hand, trusting that God will guide and strengthen them as they share the joys and sorrows of life in their little corner of the world.
Read the first chapter of Love Comes Home . . .
To purchase this book follow these links: Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Christianbook.com and http://www.deepershopping.com/
Biography
Ann H. Gabhart caught the writing bug at the age of ten and has been writing ever since. She's published over twenty-five books for both adults and young adults. Scent of Lilacs, her first inspirational novel, was chosen as a Top Ten Books in Christian Fiction by Booklist magazine. Her first Shaker book, The Outsider, was a finalist for ECPA Christian Fiction Book of the Year and was a Top Pick by Romantic Times Book Review Magazine.
Ann lives on a farm in Kentucky not far from where she was born. She and her husband have three children and nine grandchildren. Ann loves hiking on her farm with her grandkids and her dog, Oscar. Her website is www.annhgabhart.com. Her facebook address is: https://www.facebook.com/AnnGabhart?ref=br_tf
My Review ~
World War II has ended. Two of the Merritt family's four daughters are happily awaiting the return of their husbands after years of being separated by the war. Sadly, one of the Merritt girls will not be greeting her husband along with the others. Her husband died in the war, leaving her to raise her young daughter without a father. Merritt family ties are strong, and the family gathers together in rural Rosey Corner to celebrate, accompanied by extended family in the community.
This post World War II novel is rich in history and the flavor of a rural community where neighbors are family, and everyone's business is public knowledge. At this time in history people truly cared for one another, and shared in the joys and sadness surrounding them. Young families were excited and determined to move forward with their lives, although nightmares of war haunted many young men. There were obstacles to overcome and fears to be conquered, but the support of strong families and friends is paramount in this compelling story. Acceptance is a strong theme throughout, as well as faith, hope and unconditional love for one another as a family pulls together to support one another in love and life.
Ann H. Gabhart has a gift for creating stories of human interest that go far beyond a simple story. She creates in-depth characters, rich in faith and compassion. Her writing contains a wealth of human emotions that grips the reader by its intensity. Life is not watered down. These characters are true to rural American communities. "Love Comes Home" is a memorable book of diversity in personalities and a family love so strong that nothing can break their ties to one another. I highly recommend this book! I had not read the first two books in this series, but I certainly will now!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.


I like Ann's stories! Great interview of this book. I'm looking forward to reading it and the others in this series.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
Thanks, Judy! Don't miss this one!
DeleteIsn't Ann's writing wonderful?! So glad you enjoyed the book. I haven't read this series yet but fully intend to...when life slows down :)
ReplyDeleteAnn's books touch my heart! She speaks to me through her writing, and I "feel" so much through reading her books. I'm going to order the first two in this series as soon as I catch up with myself!. Like you, I need to pace myself. :)
DeleteI absolutely LOVED Jay in this series. :)
ReplyDeleteI did too, Laura! Ann is so gifted!
DeleteHistorical novels are wonderful. I hope I am lucky! Sonja dot Nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteHi Sonja! Sorry, but no giveaway for this one. I hope that you will pick up a copy. You would love this book!
Delete