Sunday, September 14, 2014

Child of Mine
by David & Beverly Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!



Description

Flight instructor Jack Livingston has been raising his eight-year-old adopted niece, Natalie, since the accident that took her parents' lives. When he travels, Natalie is tenderly cared for by her Amish nanny, Laura Mast, who loves the little girl as her own.  Eight excruciating years ago, Kelly Maines's baby was kidnapped. Determined to find her child, Kelly has tirelessly pursued every lead to its bitter end. And now, with the clock ticking, one last clue from a private investigator ignites a tiny flame of hope: Just a few miles away lives a young girl who matches the profile.    Can this be, at long last, Kelly's beloved daughter?

Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.christianbook.com/
http://www.deepershopping.com/



About the Authors:

Beverly Marie Jones (Lewis) was born in the heart of Amish country—Lancaster, Pennsylvania. At the tender age of nine, she began writing short stories and poetry. Prior to that, she made up lyrics to the "little fingers" piano pieces she learned, at the age of five.
"My mother saved everything I wrote, even the stories I dreamed up during my grade school years," Beverly says. One such tale is semi-autobiographical, about a young girl whose parents can no longer afford to give her piano lessons. The manuscript was 77 pages long and titled "She Shall Have Music," penned under the shade of a lone willow tree. "Reading, writing, and playing piano have been top three on my list of favorite things," she says.
Not until her own children were well into middle school did Beverly seek to publish her work, first in magazines such as Highlights for ChildrenDolphin Log, and Guideposts for Kids. Her first book followed in 1993—Mountain Bikes and Garbanzo Beans—presently retitled Big Bad Beans (book #22 in the popular Cul-de-Sac Kids series of chapter books—see list of Bev's children's books).




David Lewis is the bestselling author ofComing Home, his first solo novel, as well as a keyboard artist and pilot. He is the first editor for his wife, Beverly Lewis, as well as research partner and manager. David was born in Minnesota, grew up in the Midwest, and met Beverly in Colorado, where they currently make their home.











My Review ~

"Child of Mine" is an engrossing and captivating story of three adult characters and a child whose parentage is questioned after eight years has passed. The lives of these four people and those closest to them are followed through an interlacing plot, keeping the reader alert to any clues as to the direction these lives will take. I am very impressed at the seamless blending of the lives of these characters, having no clue as to which author is developing any particular scene. David and Beverly Lewis have composed a deep, emotion packed novel with continuity and integrity. I highly recommend this book!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Bethany House through the Book Fun For Readers Only program in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.


5 comments:

  1. Great review Nancee! While I did like this book, I thought it started off slow.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always open and honest!! I have started this book twice and can't get it! Very unusual for me with this author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it Nancee!! Don't know how, but I did! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both mentioned the book starting out slow. I have read that from other reviewers as well. I didn't find that situation myself. I became interested immediately and found it difficult to put the book down. There were so many undercurrents and "what ifs" throughout the book that I was captivated throughout.

    ReplyDelete