"First Impressions"
An Amish Tale of Pride & Prejudice
by Sarah Price
Description
Will pride and prejudice keep the Blank sisters from finding love?
With five daughters and no sons, Daed and Maem Blank are anxious to find their girls suitors who might eventually take over their family farm. When news arrives that Charles Beachey, the son of a prominent Amish farmer, will be returning from Ohio with his cousin Frederick, they are hopeful that the young men might be good matches for their daughters.
The oldest daughter, Jane, starts courting Charles, a well-mannered and very respectful young man, but her younger sister Lizzie is not interested in either courtship or Frederick. In fact, she wants nothing to do with him, finding him full of pride and disdain for her family's way of life. But in a community and culture where pride is scorned, Lizzie must learn that first impressions can be dangerous and people are not always who they seem to be.
With five daughters and no sons, Daed and Maem Blank are anxious to find their girls suitors who might eventually take over their family farm. When news arrives that Charles Beachey, the son of a prominent Amish farmer, will be returning from Ohio with his cousin Frederick, they are hopeful that the young men might be good matches for their daughters.
The oldest daughter, Jane, starts courting Charles, a well-mannered and very respectful young man, but her younger sister Lizzie is not interested in either courtship or Frederick. In fact, she wants nothing to do with him, finding him full of pride and disdain for her family's way of life. But in a community and culture where pride is scorned, Lizzie must learn that first impressions can be dangerous and people are not always who they seem to be.
This Amish retelling of the popular Jane Austen classic Pride and Prejudice is a beautiful take on the power of love to overcome class boundaries and prejudices that will win your heart.
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.christianbook.com/
http://www.deepershopping.com/ (Best price)
Biography
ECPA Christian Fiction Bestseller (June 2014, July 2014)
Amazon Top 100 Author for Books & eBooks ( December 2012, January 2013, February 2013, April 2013, May 2013, August 2013, September 2013)
-------------------------
-------------------------
The author of over 25 novels, Sarah Price brings her Anabaptist roots and over 25 years experience with the Amish to her books, many of which have been Amazon Top 100 Bestsellers (Plain Fame, Plain Change, Amish Faith, & others).
Initially, she published as an Indie author, but now publishes Realms, an imprint of Charisma House and Waterfall Press, an imprint of Brilliance Publishing. Her first book for Realms, First Impressions: An Amish Adaptation of Pride and Prejudice was released in May 2014 and debuted in the ECPA Christian Fiction Top 25 Bestseller List in June 2014.
The Preiss family emigrated from Europe in 1705, settling in Pennsylvania as the area's first wave of Mennonite families. The name later changed to Price. Sarah Price has always respected and honored her ancestors through exploration and research about her family history and their religion. At nineteen, she befriended an Amish family and lived on their farm throughout the years.
Twenty-five years later, she now splits her time between her husband and children in the NYC Metro area and a home that she shares with an Amish woman in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania where she retreats to reflect and write. As a masterful storyteller, Sarah Price prides herself on presenting an authentic Amish experience for her readers. Many of her stories are based on actual people she has met and her own experiences living among the Amish over the years.
Visit the author's website and blog at http://www.sarahpriceauthor.com.
Like her Facebook page at http://facebook.com/fansofsarahprice.
Follow her on Twitter @SarahPriceAmish and Instagram @SarahPriceAuthor.
Like her Facebook page at http://facebook.com/fansofsarahprice.
Follow her on Twitter @SarahPriceAmish and Instagram @SarahPriceAuthor.
My Review ~
"First Impressions" is the first in The Amish Classics Series by Sarah Price. The story parallels Jane Austen's "Pride & Prejudice." The author has blended a compelling story of Amish tradition and values with integrity and familiarity. Based in Leola, Pennsylvania with glimpses into Holmes County, Ohio, the similarities and differences within the Amish communities are well defined and factual. The Amish culture is steeped in tradition and rich in history as detailed by the author who knows her topic well. Written with a familiarity that only living within the community can provide, the author has penned a convincing novel that is rich in detail and represents depth in her characters.
The landscapes in both Amish communities are described in a pictorial design transporting the reader to the locale, enabling one to visualize the settings through rich and descriptive elements. Detailing is paramount in this novel, both in fact and fiction. Relationships and romance develop in a natural and believable progression while emotional events are interwoven throughout the plot. Faith and reconciliation are important aspects of this tale of overcoming pride and prejudices that stem from misunderstanding and erroneous assumptions.
Sarah Price has developed her craft and come into her own as an author. "First Impressions" has elevated her to the novelist category in my estimation. I highly recommend "First Impressions," the first in her Amish Classics Series. I was engrossed in this story and found it very difficult to put the book aside when life interrupted my reading. Don't miss this beautifully told story of pride and prejudice!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. I also purchased a copy of this book to be used in this contest.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, November 24th.


Great review!I love Sarah's books.Thanks for sharing!jackie_tessnair{at}yahoo{dot}com
ReplyDeleteNancee, great review. I would love to read this book! sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteExcellent review. Love Sarah's books. Would so love to win. CherylB1987 AT Hotmail DOT com
ReplyDeleteWell will try again. Had made my comment and when I started to click Publish it just lost my comment. I would love to win Sarah'd book. I've not read one of her books yet. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com < I am sharing on my FB page.
ReplyDeleteI love reading Sarah Price' s books. I read Amish Buggy Ride in one day. One I started I couldn't put it down. Thank you for a wonderful review and a chance to win a book. I love to read. God Bless. Lindafaullkner860@comcast.net. Linda Rutherford Faulkner
ReplyDeleteCnnamongirl (at) aol (dot)com
ReplyDeleteIt would be wonderful to read a book by an author who has so much personal experience among the Amish and Mennonites.
I love to read, I consume books ! I really would love to have a chance to read this Sarah Price's book. I have shared this giveaway on facebook and signed up for your blog.
We have traveled to the Amish areas of Ohio and here in Kentucky on several occasions and find the Amish faith to be interesting. I'm not sure if I could actually live without modern conveniences, though.
ReplyDeletetcuevas@iccable.com
I shared this giveaway on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/tammycuevas/posts/10202984959484294
ReplyDeleteI also shared the giveaway on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/SELFTAUGHTCOOK2/status/536388368503173120
ReplyDeletetcuevas@iccable.com
CONGRATULATIONS, Tammy! Your name was drawn, so you have won a copy of "First Impressions!" I will be contacting you by email for your mailing address. Enjoy!
DeleteAnother great review, Nancee! I look forward to reading this book. (I'll pick up a copy if I don't win one)
ReplyDeleteSharing on FB
I'm a follower of your blog, too.
cindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com
Wonderful review of this book by one of my favorite authors. I would be thrilled to add this book to my collection of Sarah's works. I follow your blog. Thank you for this wonderful giveaway.
ReplyDeleteI can;t wait to read it and I hope that I win it. I love Sarah Price;s books. My email address is: bride58atyahoodotcom.
ReplyDeleteIt would be an honor to add Sarah Price's "First Impressions " to my library. My email is: myrtle1961(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteThank you for a great opportunity.