"Not by Sight"
by Kate Breslin
5 stars!
GIVEAWAY!
GIVEAWAY!
Description
In the spring of 1917, all of Britain's
attention is on the WWI war front and the thousands of young men serving
their country on the front lines. Jack Benningham, dashing heir to the
Earl of Stonebrooke, is young and able-bodied but refuses to enlist
despite the contempt of his peers.
A
wealthy young suffragette, Grace Mabry will do anything to assist her
country's cause. Men like Jack infuriate her when she thinks of her own
brother fighting in the trenches of France, so she has no reservations
about handing him a white feather of cowardice at a posh masquerade
ball.
But Grace could not anticipate
the danger and betrayal set into motion by her actions, and soon she and
Jack are forced to learn the true meaning of courage when the war
raging overseas suddenly strikes much closer to home and their fervent
beliefs become a matter of life and death.
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.christianbook.com
http://www.deepershopping.com
Biography
A Florida girl who migrated to the Pacific Northwest, Kate Breslin was a bookseller for many years. She is the author of For Such a Time and lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington.
Find her online at www.katebreslin.com.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KateBreslinAuthor
Please click my BOOKS page if you'd like to download an excerpt. And I hope you'll visit me on Pinterest to see images I chose that reflect my vision for Grace and Jack's story!
My Thoughts ~
This detailed account of England's part in WWI is educational as well as exciting. The differing viewpoints between those who are for, and those against the war become the strength that holds this compelling story together. While Jack Benningham appears to take the stand of a conscientious objector, Grace Mabry is appalled that any Englishman would not support his country in the war effort. Her relationship with him is tenuous at best.
A varied portrayal of colorful characters are depicted throughout this story. As secrets unfold Grace and her coworkers bond together in their cause for the war effort, and become personal and emotional supports for one another. The relationship between Jack and Grace is testy and somewhat gritty. Much of the time they are at odds, but tolerate one another out of necessity.
I appreciate the fact that this story is not rushed. There are numerous situations that need resolution, and I enjoyed the various journeys throughout this very interesting novel. Descriptive and poetic, the layers of this story are blended with expertise and lead to very interesting and intriguing developments. The premise for this story brought to mind both Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera, a well developed and pleasurable storybook quality that I thoroughly enjoyed. I highly recommend this deeply moving novel!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway
is Wednesday, March 16, 2016.
http://www.christianbook.com
http://www.deepershopping.com
Biography
A Florida girl who migrated to the Pacific Northwest, Kate Breslin was a bookseller for many years. She is the author of For Such a Time and lives with her husband in Seattle, Washington.
Find her online at www.katebreslin.com.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KateBreslinAuthor
Please click my BOOKS page if you'd like to download an excerpt. And I hope you'll visit me on Pinterest to see images I chose that reflect my vision for Grace and Jack's story!
My Thoughts ~
This detailed account of England's part in WWI is educational as well as exciting. The differing viewpoints between those who are for, and those against the war become the strength that holds this compelling story together. While Jack Benningham appears to take the stand of a conscientious objector, Grace Mabry is appalled that any Englishman would not support his country in the war effort. Her relationship with him is tenuous at best.
A varied portrayal of colorful characters are depicted throughout this story. As secrets unfold Grace and her coworkers bond together in their cause for the war effort, and become personal and emotional supports for one another. The relationship between Jack and Grace is testy and somewhat gritty. Much of the time they are at odds, but tolerate one another out of necessity.
I appreciate the fact that this story is not rushed. There are numerous situations that need resolution, and I enjoyed the various journeys throughout this very interesting novel. Descriptive and poetic, the layers of this story are blended with expertise and lead to very interesting and intriguing developments. The premise for this story brought to mind both Beauty and the Beast and Phantom of the Opera, a well developed and pleasurable storybook quality that I thoroughly enjoyed. I highly recommend this deeply moving novel!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please
leave a comment about my review, and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect
your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the
continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage
through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their
prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteI can say without a doubt that Cindi will enjoy this book!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteYou're very welcome, Kate! I loved the book and look forward to reading For Such A Time. I'm thinking of taking a couple of weeks off over the holidays to read some of the books that I have purchased for myself and haven't had time to read. I will, of course, review those books also, but I need a break from the scheduled reviews. For the past 3 Christmas holidays I've pushed myself through the holidays and this year is going to be different!
Delete03-09-2016 ATTENTION: This is a repeat of a former blog that was posted in October. I received a copy of this book from the publisher this week, and wanted to give people an opportunity to win this most recent copy. Previous comments will NOT be entered into this current contest, so if you wish to enter this contest, please comment on my review and follow the above guidelines and optional opportunities for extra chances of winning this book. Thank you! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYour review made me want to read this book even more! Kari _ Trumbo @ hotmail . Com thank you for the opportunity!
ReplyDeleteReally hope I win!
ReplyDeletegracelz1(at)Hotmail(dot)com
Shared to Twitter.
I read her first book and just loved it....would love to win this one...thanks
ReplyDeleteSunnygarden7(at)aol(dot)com
Thanks so much!
DeleteThanks so much!
DeleteThis sounds like an interesting book. I enjoy reading historical fiction because you learn about how people lived in those times and what they had to deal with in times of war. Shared on Facebook and following you with email.
ReplyDeletediannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com
This sounds like an interesting book. I enjoy reading historical fiction because you learn about how people lived in those times and what they had to deal with in times of war. Shared on Facebook and following you with email.
ReplyDeletediannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com
This sounds PHENOMENAL!! I am already intrigued. If I don't win I will just have to ask for it for my birthday. My birthday is March 17.
ReplyDeletegot2read2015(at)gmail(dot)com
This sounds PHENOMENAL!! I am already intrigued. If I don't win I will just have to ask for it for my birthday. My birthday is March 17.
ReplyDeletegot2read2015(at)gmail(dot)com
I love reading WWII books, as my daddy is a WWII vet. Thank you for the chance. I follow your blog and I'm sharing your post.
ReplyDeleteleliamae54(at)aol(dot)com
I've heard so many wonderful things about this book, I can't wait to read it for myself!!
ReplyDeletealander87(at)allcom(dot)net
Love this book by Kate! Honestly a must read, and a keeper! My copy is sitting pretty right next to her debut novel, For Such a Time which is also a must read. I love Kate's books! Can't wait until her next one. As you can see, I already have a copy, so no need to enter me in the giveaway. Just had to stop by and say hi and praise about the books! ;)
ReplyDeleteAnnie, thank you!! :-)
DeleteThank you for your review. I read many Christian Historical Fiction books each year. The information you shared is much appreciated. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGreat Interview and the book sounds so good. Thanks for the giveaway. I also shared on Twitter. spotts06(at)comcast(dot)net
ReplyDeleteThank You for this wonderful review. The book sounds like a real winner.
ReplyDeleteMarion
MarionMPC(at)aol(dot)com
Thanks for the giveaway. Would love to win this beautiful book.
ReplyDeleteJoan
JoanEC128[at]AOL[dot]com
What a lovely story. Cannot wait to read this book. Thank you for the chance to win the book.
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
MailynDKC[at]AOL[dot]com
Great review! Would love to read this winner! mauback55 @ gmail.com
ReplyDeleteGreat review! Would love to read this winner! mauback55 @ gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI fell in love with the premise of this book when it first came out! Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but from your review Nancee, I'm missing something good. Beautiful, thanks for sharing & for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteteamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com
I've also shared on both Facebook and Twitter
And I follow your blog via email :-)
DeleteEnjoyed your review. Thank you so much for the opportunity to win a copy of Not by Sight. I shared on Twitter and on my Pinterest book giveaway board. I follow by email.
ReplyDeletemay_dayzee(at)yahoo(dot)com
I want to get this audiobook! Sounds so good, Nancee!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful cover! Thanks for the review and giveaway.
ReplyDeletepattymh2000(at)yaho(dot)com
Thank you for your support, Nancee! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. God bless!
ReplyDeleteLove reading about historical events, being a genealogist it gives me a better perspective of life in those days. Really looks to be a great book. sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteLovely review! I just love the cover of this book! And it sounds like such a great read! Thanks for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteamyputney89 [at] gmail [dot] com
Sounds like a great book. Would love to read it! gram57 [at] gmail [dot] com
ReplyDeleteThanks for the wonderfully detailed review! I was intrigued by this book from the cover and its societal viewpoints, but now it's on my MBR list - Must Be Read! As someone who has had conscientious-objector relatives in the past (as well as ones who fought overseas), I love delving into this subject. Thanks, Nancee! ConnieTroyer77 [at] gmail [dot]com
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like an awesome read! Thanks for doing this for your readers! Have a Blessed day!
ReplyDeleteI subscribe and shared this on FAcebook. :D
swanphillips4(AT)gmail(DOT)com
I really enjoyed Kate's book For Such a Time, so I've had this one on my wish list for awhile. I appreciate the way you gave your thoughts about the book without giving too many details (I hate spoilers!). Thanks for affirming that this will be a great book to read. Thanks also for the chance to win it.
ReplyDeletepmkellogg56[at]gmail[dot]com
I am an avid reader of historical fiction. I have been seeing this book and reading your comments & others comments. And it seems so interesting that I would love to read it. Thank you for the opportunity! I'm sharing on FB & Twitter
ReplyDeletegrandmama_brenda(at)yahoo(dot)com
CONGRATULATIONS, Pam K! Your name was randomly selected as the winning entry for Not by Sight by Kate Breslin! Thanks to all of you who have visited my blogged and entered this contest. Please return for future book giveaways!
ReplyDelete