Friday, June 10, 2016

"Mermaid Moon"
A Sunset Cove Novel
by Colleen Coble
GIVEAWAY!





Description
Mallory’s mother died fifteen years ago. But her father’s last words on the phone were unmistakable: “Find . . . mother.” Shame and confusion have kept Mallory Davis from her home for the last fifteen years, but when her dad mysteriously dies on his mail boat route, she doesn’t have any choice but to go back to Mermaid Point. Mallory believes her father was murdered and childhood sweetheart Kevin O’Connor, game warden in Downeast Maine, confirms her suspicions. But Kevin is wary of helping Mallory in her search. She broke his heart—and left—without a word, years ago. When Mallory begins receiving threats on her own life—and her beloved teenage daughter, Haylie—their search intensifies. There’s a tangled web within the supposed murder, and it involves much more than what meets the eye. As answers begin to fall into place, Mallory realizes her search is about more than finding her father’s killer—it is also about finding herself again . . . and possibly about healing what was broken so long ago with Kevin. She just has to stay alive long enough to put all the pieces together.  





Biography

Best-selling author Colleen Coble’s novels have won or finaled in awards ranging from the Best Books of Indiana, the ACFW Carol Award, the Romance Writers of America RITA, the Holt Medallion, the Daphne du Maurier, National Readers’ Choice, and the Booksellers Best. She has over 2 million books in print and writes romantic mysteries because she loves to see justice prevail. Colleen is CEO of American Christian Fiction Writers. She lives with her husband Dave in Indiana. Visit her website at www.colleencoble.com.



My thoughts ~

The setting for this suspense novel is Downeast Maine, along the Atlantic coastal region. The protagonist had left her east coast home for reasons that she still hasn't resolved. Her character is well developed, but insecurities surrounding her past have prevented her from moving forward until tragedy forces her to return to the home of her childhood.

This book is the third in a series. I have not read the first two books previous to this one, so I may be missing some of the background from the former books. I felt that I was missing information regarding a couple of the characters. Otherwise, the book is fast paced with suspense that will keep you from putting the book down. 

Romance comes into the picture as a past relationship is once again kindled. This was developed in a very natural progression and realism. There are dysfunctional relationships which cause a great deal of discomfort and confusion for the characters, but the author provides good background information regarding those issues. 

I would have liked more descriptive elements regarding the setting along the coast of Maine, but once again, that may have been provided in the first two books in the series. I would recommend reading this series in order rather than stand alone novels. I enjoyed Mermaid Moon and the elements that the title represents. This is a great read for a summer day on the beach, or while on vacation.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Friday, 6-17-16.

     

19 comments:

  1. This book sounds great.Thanks for sharing! jackie_tessnair(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds great.Thanks for sharing! jackie_tessnair(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This books sounds really wonderful!!! I can't wait to read it!!! Thanks so much for this opportunity!!!
    ***cavallofrances@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like to sign up for your blog/newsletter or both please!!! Have a wonderful, Blessed Day too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks great as always. Her books are wonderful.
    Thereadmaster(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sharing on Facebook and am already following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great read. Very exciting. Thanks for the giveaway.
    Marilyn
    MarilynDKC[at]AOL[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read the first 2 books, and can't wait to read this one! I've really enjoyed everything I've read by Colleen!! And I LOVE romantic Christian mysteries! Becky lelandandbecky AT reagan DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her books. Sharing on Facebook and follow. She is a great author! Sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice giveaway.
    Thank you
    Joan
    JoanEC128(at)AOL(d0t)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This a wonderful book to win.
    Thank You
    Marion
    MarionMPC(at)AOL(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to win books! Please enter me. I am following you now. And I'll tweet and put on Pinterest and facebook too. Thanks for sharing this. I'd love you to come over. I have a giveaway going on too. It closes in a few days come over and enter!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I shared. Please enter me.
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/401172279289675126/

    https://www.facebook.com/sherry.legan.7?fref=nf&pnref=story

    https://twitter.com/SherrysBack

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BGkiu_QTcvp/?taken-by=sherrylegan

    ReplyDelete
  14. So is Mallory's mother alive? Very curious to know!

    I follow your blog=)

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like a book I would enjoy reading. I'll have to look at the whole series so I don't miss out on the "whole" story.
    Swanson.cynthial[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd love to read Mermaid Moon! The plot sounds so interesting!

    I shared on Facebook and Twitter!

    mylittlebirdie (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS, Karen! Your name was randomly selected as the winner of a copy of Mermaid Moon by Colleen Coble!

      Delete
  17. I love Colleen's writing!! Thanks for the chance to win a copy of "Mermaid Moon". I've shared on both Facebook & Twitter and I'm already subscribed to your blog via email.

    teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have this book on my to be read list. I love her books and I have read the other two books in this series. likesmusic(at)consolidated (dot) com

    ReplyDelete