"The Butterfly and the Violin"
by Kristy Cambron
A Mysterious painting breathes hope and beauty into the darkest corners of Auschwitz--and the loneliest hearts of Manhattan.
Manhattan
art dealer Sera James watched her world crumble at the altar two years
ago, and her heart is still fragile. Her desire for distraction
reignites a passion for a mysterious portrait she first saw as a young
girl--a painting of a young violinist with piercing blue eyes.
In her
search for the painting, Sera crosses paths with William Hanover--the
grandson of a wealthy California real estate mogul--who may be the key
to uncovering the hidden masterpiece. Together Sera and William slowly
unravel the story behind the painting's subject: Austrian violinist
Adele Von Bron.
A darling of the Austrian aristocracy of 1942,
talented violinist, and daughter to a high-ranking member of the Third
Reich, Adele risks everything when she begins smuggling Jews out of
Vienna. In a heartbeat, her life of prosperity and privilege dissolves
into a world of starvation and barbed wire. As Sera untangles the
secrets behind the painting, she finds beauty in the most unlikely of
places: the grim camps of Auschwitz and the inner recesses of her own
troubled heart.
Biography
Kristy Cambron has a background in art and design, but she fancies life as a vintage-inspired storyteller. She is the author of THE RINGMASTER'S WIFE, named to Publishers Weekly Spring 2016 Religion & Spirituality TOP 10. Her novels have been named to Library Journal Reviews' Best Books and RT Reviewers' Choice Awards Best lists, and received a 2015 INSPY Awards nomination for best debut novel. THE ILLUSIONIST'S APPRENTICE (HarperCollins, 2017) is her fourth novel.
Kristy is a Speaker and Design Manager at TheGROVEstory.com, and holds a degree in Art History from Indiana University. She lives in Indiana with her husband and three sons, where she can probably be bribed with a coconut mocha latte and a good read.
To stay connected, follow Kristy's Writing Desk Newsletter at: KristyCambron.com
My thoughts ~
The Butterfly and the Violin has received numerous rave reviews and countless recommendations. I wasn't sure a book could measure up to the praise I'd seen. I have to say that this book went beyond my expectations. I was enraptured and captivated by this haunting masterpiece! My emotions were all over the place.
This is one of the most compelling and haunting novels I've read, and I must say that I will be following this author's future works. I am about to begin A Sparrow in Terezin with the hope that it also evokes the emotions and passion that is revealed in The Butterfly and the Violin. I highly recommend this masterpiece!
Biography
Kristy Cambron has a background in art and design, but she fancies life as a vintage-inspired storyteller. She is the author of THE RINGMASTER'S WIFE, named to Publishers Weekly Spring 2016 Religion & Spirituality TOP 10. Her novels have been named to Library Journal Reviews' Best Books and RT Reviewers' Choice Awards Best lists, and received a 2015 INSPY Awards nomination for best debut novel. THE ILLUSIONIST'S APPRENTICE (HarperCollins, 2017) is her fourth novel.
Kristy is a Speaker and Design Manager at TheGROVEstory.com, and holds a degree in Art History from Indiana University. She lives in Indiana with her husband and three sons, where she can probably be bribed with a coconut mocha latte and a good read.
To stay connected, follow Kristy's Writing Desk Newsletter at: KristyCambron.com
My thoughts ~
The Butterfly and the Violin has received numerous rave reviews and countless recommendations. I wasn't sure a book could measure up to the praise I'd seen. I have to say that this book went beyond my expectations. I was enraptured and captivated by this haunting masterpiece! My emotions were all over the place.
This is one of the most compelling and haunting novels I've read, and I must say that I will be following this author's future works. I am about to begin A Sparrow in Terezin with the hope that it also evokes the emotions and passion that is revealed in The Butterfly and the Violin. I highly recommend this masterpiece!


I totally agree with your raving review, Nancee. This is one of those books that stays with you long after you finish reading.
ReplyDeleteI just got a copy of her latest novel, The Ringmaster's Wife, and can't wait to start it.
Kristi is on my list of authors that are an automatic purchase for me.
I certainly agree with your review. I loved this book.
ReplyDeleteI have heard nothing but wonderful about this book!
ReplyDeleteI have heard nothing but wonderful about this book!
ReplyDeleteHi Nancy. I have wanted this book ever since I first saw it. Would sure love to be your winner. She has some good books, if only I could afford them. Maxie
ReplyDelete