"Amish Weddings"
(Neighbors of Lancaster County #3)
by Leslie Gould!
Review & GIVEAWAY!
2 copies!
Review & GIVEAWAY!
2 copies!
DescriptionGregarious Rose Lehman, who's always the life of the Amish youth singings, is determined to marry the bishop's son, Reuben Byler--until the handsome Army buddy of her future brother-in-law shows up in Lancaster County. In comparison to Trevor, Reuben seems downright boring. Trevor shares Rose's sense of fun and adventure, and her easygoing disposition.
When her sister Lila's buggy is rear-ended and Lila is horribly injured, Rose finds herself with more freedom than she's ever experienced. Everyone is so concerned about Lila that no one realizes Rose is sneaking out with Trevor. Except for Reuben. But in his usual passive way, he doesn't confront her, nor does he address the situation with her Dat or anyone else in the district. Rose appreciates Reuben's discretion, but she also resents it. Part of her relishes the freedom she's found with Trevor, but the other part of her wishes Reuben would "fight" for her, as much as any Amish man would. Too late, she realizes the foolish choice she's made. Has she ruined her best chance at love, or is there another path to happiness she just hasn't seen yet?

Biography
Leslie Gould is the best-selling and award-winning author of twenty-three novels. She loves traveling, research, Shakespeare's plays, and church history. She and her husband live in Portland, Oregon and are the parents of four children. http://www.lesliegould.com/
Thank you to the author, Leslie Gould, for offering TWO copies of Amish Weddings for this contest. This is very generous of her!
My thoughts ~
Leslie Gould takes Amish fiction a step further into a world of characters not only of the Amish community, but Englisch families as well. Relationships between the two cultures are interwoven with credibility and harmony. Characters from past novels in this series surface, but this could be a stand alone book. Personally, I would suggest reading the entire series. I have immensely enjoyed each one of these novels and the characters included.
All is not perfect in the community. Lila Lehman is rear ended while driving her buggy, causing serious injuries and valid concerns for a normal life with her future husband. In the meantime as family is focusing on Lila, her younger sister, Rose plays with fire by spending time with a former Englisch soldier. Relationships become tense and Rose's future may be compromised.
The author has created some very unique situations and social concerns, bringing this novel to a level above and beyond many of the Amish books that have become so popular. This series is impressive and constitutes an intense read. I highly recommend it and its prequels!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this novel with no expectations for a positive review. All expressed opinions are my own.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, 10-30-17.

Your wonderful review certainly leaves me eager to read this book, Nancee! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and for the giveaway opportunity.
ReplyDeletetexaggs2000 at gmail dot com
I could not have said it better my self. I loved this series. I encourage everyone to read this series, Leslie has a way of pulling you in
ReplyDeleteAnd making you feel a part if the story line. This is a true story of loving your neighbor and learning to embarrass all the diffenances that make up for each other in a community.
This sounds like a good book! It's been a while since I've read Amish fiction. Thank you for your lovely review, Nancee, and the giveaway chance. :-)
ReplyDeleteteamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com
This is a great story . Loved your review Nancee.
ReplyDeleteLooks Like A Great Book, Nice Review. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win. iamabho (at) gmail (dot) com
ReplyDeleteI love any book about the Amish.
ReplyDeleteMarion
MarionMPC(at)aol(dot)com
I love Amish stories. I've started this series, so would love to win this! Thank you for the chance!
ReplyDeleteAnnie
justcommonlyATgmailDOTcom
Th Amish books are always the best with their stories.
ReplyDeleteMarilynDKC[at]AOL[dot]com
I would love to read this book! I need to find out what happens!
ReplyDeletesusanlulu@yahoo.com
I can't wait to read this next book. I have others by Leslie Gould and love her stories!
ReplyDeleteA very different story. I would love to read it. Leslie Gould is very talented.
ReplyDeletefishingjan(at)aol(dot)com
You make me want to read this with your nice review. Thank you for the chance. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteNice review, Nancee! Her books are always so good! sonja dot Nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteOur Church Library readers love Amish books. Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.
ReplyDeleteJanet E.
von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com
This was nice review Nancee. This was an excellent series of books(Lancaster Neighbors) and dealt with a variety of different subjects and was done nicely Thanks for the chance
ReplyDeleteI love to read Amish books. They are relaxing.
ReplyDeleteJoan
JoanEC128(at)aol(dot)com
This sounds like a great story! Angie a_stonecipher(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this great review of Leslie's book. I look forward to reading it.
ReplyDeleteConnie
cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com
Love your books,Thanks for a chance to win
ReplyDeleteYour review certainly compels one to add this to the "to be read list"! I always like Amish fiction and have read one of her books, which I enjoyed......well developed story. Thanks for the opportunity to participate. dixiedobie at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteI love Amish fiction, and Leslie Gould's style of storytelling. Thanks for this appealing review,and the chance to enter.
ReplyDeletePatshrader@cfl.rr.com
Leslie is a new author to me. Thanks for the great review. I love reading Amish fiction and this book sounds like a story I would love reading.
ReplyDeletemarypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com
Maryann
Vera Wilson said
ReplyDeleteYour review sounds like something I would love to read. Always enjoy the Amish stories.
snoopysnop1 at yahoo dot com
Wonderful review. This sounds likw a book I would love to read. Thanks for a chance at winning.
ReplyDeleteForgot to add e mail address.
ReplyDeleteseraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com
Hope I win!
ReplyDeletegracelz1(at)hotmail(dot)com
Lovely review, Nancee--I haven't read this series yet, but you've just bumped it higher on my TBR pile! ;) Thanks for the giveaway! Danandlyndaedwards (at) MSN (dot) com.
ReplyDeleteThis was a wonderful review, Nancee. I have read the first two books in Leslie's Neighbors of Lancaster County and I really enjoyed the story and the characters Amish Weddings will be just as great as the other two books. Thank you for the giveaway. ptrc_bnd(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your review, Nancee. Thanks for the opportunity! My email is elise(underscore)jehan(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read this book. Thanks for the chance to win. My email is dhazelton(at)myfairpoint(dot)net
ReplyDeleteThanks. I will share on FB.
Sounds like an awesome book keanusmom[at]Hotmail[dot]com
ReplyDelete