Raging Storm
(The Remnant Series Book #2)
by Vannetta Chapman
GIVEAWAY, EBOOK OR PRINT COPY, YOUR CHOICE!
GIVEAWAY, EBOOK OR PRINT COPY, YOUR CHOICE!
Description
In the Darkness,
Anarchy Awakens
Anarchy Awakens
When a massive solar flare wiped out all modern technology across the globe, the small town of Abney, Texas, was thrown into chaos. Shelby Sparks and her teenage son, Carter, have found refuge, but Shelby knows she can't simply remain hidden. Carter is a type 1 diabetic in need of insulin—and Shelby will risk her life traveling to Austin to make sure he gets it.
Shelby's best friend and high school sweetheart, Max Berkman, won't even consider letting her make the perilous journey alone. Together, they manage to reach the capital—only to discover that while things are desperate in Abney, Austin has turned into an urban nightmare on the brink of anarchy.
Shelby and Max's search for medical supplies will lead them into terrifying territory, where the only thing more uncertain than finding what they need is the hope of making it out of the city alive.
Shelby's best friend and high school sweetheart, Max Berkman, won't even consider letting her make the perilous journey alone. Together, they manage to reach the capital—only to discover that while things are desperate in Abney, Austin has turned into an urban nightmare on the brink of anarchy.
Shelby and Max's search for medical supplies will lead them into terrifying territory, where the only thing more uncertain than finding what they need is the hope of making it out of the city alive.
* * *
In this second book in an eerily plausible, action-packed dystopian series, survival will be threatened and faith will be put to the ultimate test as a raging storm engulfs America.
Biography
Vannetta Chapman writes inspirational fiction full of grace. She has published more than one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather’s birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her novel Falling to Pieces was a 2012 ACFW Carol Award winner. A Promise for Miriam earned a spot on the June 2012 Christian Retailing Top Ten Fiction list. Anna's Healing was a 2015 Carol Award finalist. Chapman writes Amish romance, Amish cozy mysteries, and Christian dystopian (suspense). Chapman was a teacher for 15 years and currently writes full time. She lives in the Texas hill country with her husband. For more information, visit her at www.VannettaChapman.com
My thoughts ~
The second book in the Remnant Series, Raging Storm is a followup of Deep Shadows, the first in the series. Raging Storm can be a stand alone novel, but by all means, don't miss Deep Shadows for the backdrop of this dystopian thriller. It reveals the background and continuation for the fast paced action in Raging Storm.
The characters are complex and diverse, and the relationship between Max and Shelby is somewhat complicated. Max is an admirable hero figure, as Shelby is at times frustrating. The two make a very engaging team. Horrifying situations make their relationship intense as they take on a mission to obtain insulin for Shelby's teenage son.
A massive solar flare has changed the world into a war zone. Survival alone has created a volatile situation in which everyone is fighting for their lives. Massive hysteria has become the norm, and attempting to obtain insulin and other necessary medications is next to impossible. The true nature of humans surfaces throughout terrifying situations.
Raging Storm will increase your heart rate and shock you into the possibilities of a very conceivable event. This novel is one to be absorbed with the concept that our complex world is dependent upon an environment that our ancestors couldn't imagine. We all have much to learn from this eye opening phenomenon.
I highly recommend Raging Storm. It is another unforgettable narrative from an extremely talented author, Vannetta Chapman!
I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All expressed opinions are my own.
I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All expressed opinions are my own.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Tuesday, 2-21-17.


This sounds like a very interesting page turner. Shelly and Max also sound like a very interesting couple. Would love to read this book. Shared on facebook.
ReplyDeletemarypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com
Merry
Thanks for a great review. I haven't read much dystopopian fiction but I am fascinated by this book.
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog by email.
I shared this post on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/cps1950/status/831991628915150848
Blessings!
Connie
cps1950(at)gmail(dot)mom
Nancee, thank you for your thoughts about Vanetta's new book. I can't wait to read it (so am hoping I'm a winner!) I shared on Twitter and FB and already follow your blog
ReplyDeleteThank you again
Anne
anne at rightler dot com
CONGRATULATIONS, Anne! Your name was randomly selected in this contest! You are the winner of a copy of Raging Storm! You will not be disappointed! If possible, pick up and read a copy of Deep Shadows while you're waiting for Vannetta to send your book.
DeleteWith a title, cover and review that this book has...a must read, for sure!
ReplyDeleteI am a follower!
Thank you for the giveaway opportunity.
mauback55 at gmail dot com
I'm intrigued by this series. I find the prospect of losing our technology scary and fascinating at the same time. Thanks for the review and giveaway.
ReplyDeletemomrain(AT)aol(DOT)com
I follow your blog and have shared this on Twitter and Facebook.
Nancee what a wonderful review of Raging Storm It is a awesome book and one that will keep you turning the pages Thank you for the chance to win. ptrc_bnd(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteI have "Deep Shadows" and really want to add this to my collection! Vannetta is a wonderful author, thanks for the chance to win Nancee!
ReplyDeleteteamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com
I shared this via FB & Twitter and follow your blog!
Thanks!
ReplyDeletecjmosley2002@yahoo.com
I'd love to read this one too!! Love her books :)
ReplyDeletedkstevensne at outlook(DOT) com
Nancee, thank you for the great review. I have "Deep Shadows" and I would love to own this one also.
ReplyDeletepsalm103and138 at gmail dot com
I would love the opportunity to win this book! Thank you!
ReplyDelete