Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Starting From Scratch
by Kate Lloyd
GIVEAWAY!






Description

En Alt Maedel—an old maid.
At age twenty-nine, that's what Eva Lapp considers herself. And who could argue with her? Finding a good Amish husband at her age will be next to impossible. Plus, Eva's unwarranted bad reputation in Lancaster County precedes her. Maybe living the Englisch life would be better.
Squeezed out of her childhood home by her brother's boisterous family, Eva finds lodging and a new job managing a small café at a local plant nursery. But the challenge of her new position isn't enough to distract from her current predicament.
To Eva's surprise, her first love, Jake Miller, suddenly returns to Lancaster County. Flooded with emotions and filled with questions about Jake's past, can Eva trust what she's feeling?
Jake and Eva face many obstacles in their quest for a fresh start in the community, but perhaps with God's help, they can find the redemption they both desperately need.










Biography

Author Kate Lloyd is a passionate observer of human relationships. A native of Baltimore, Kate spends time with family and friends in Lancaster County, PA, the inspiration for her best selling novels Leaving Lancaster, Pennsylvania Patchwork, and Forever Amish, the third book in the Legacy of Lancaster Trilogy. Her novel, A Letter from Lancaster County, released July 1, 2017.





My perspective ~

Once again Ms Lloyd creates a picturesque and action filled novel of Amish life in Lancaster County, PA. Eva Lapp is thrust into a life of independence rather unexpectedly, and is somewhat skeptical which direction her life is headed, even at the age of 29. Unsure of herself and concerned about past rumors she attempts to move forward with her life, still hopeful for a home and family of her own.

Numerous characters fill the pages of this Amish fictional tale, some likable, some not so much! Character development is well done, and as in the past this author captures and portrays the settings exceptionally well. I was transported to the countryside of Amish farms, and enjoyed the setting of a locally owned nursery with gift shop and cafe. 

Original and fast paced, Starting From Scratch is filled with lessons in living, particularly for one lonely Amish woman. Pick up a copy for a great reading experience, particularly if you love reading about the Amish way of life.

I received a copy of this book as a gift, with no expectations for a positive review. All expressed opinions are my own.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!


Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Wednesday, April 11, 2018.







21 comments:

  1. I shared on FB and subscribe. Thank you for the chance to win such a great sounding book. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice review. I enjoy Kate Lloyd's books. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review for a wonderful book! Sounds like a winner! mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shared on Facebook and subscribed to your blog. I really liked the description of the book. I enjoy reading Amish fiction and learning about the Amish way of life.
    diannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for a chance to win this book.
    Marilyn MarilynDKC(at)AOL(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very good book.
    Joan JoanEC128(at)AOL(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful book to read this summer! Thanks for the chance.
    susanlulu(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful giveaway.
    Marion MarionMPC(at)AOL(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both likeable and non likeable characters in a book. It makes it more realistic.
    fishingjan[at]aol[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to win this book. I love to read Kate’s stories.
    Shared on FB, Twitter, & Google+. I already subscribe. Thanks for sharing the review and about the book.
    Anne at Rightler dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to win this book. I shared on FB & Twitter. I also follow by email.
    Thanks for the giveaway.
    grandmama_brenda(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS, Brenda! Your name was randomly selected, and you are the winner of a copy of Starting From Scratch!

      Delete
  12. I would love to win this book . It sounds so good . My email address is myrafacebook[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this great book it was such a great read ! Thank you Kate for being such a great author!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your perspective! :D
    dancinginsardinia AT Gmail Dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review!!!! Thanx for the giveaway!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. j4hibdon (at) yahoo (dot) com

      Shared on Facebook.

      Delete
  16. Great review! I always enjoy reading Kate Lloyd's books! Thanks for this giveaway opportunity! Shared on Facebook and follow you on Facebook and email.
    Tiffany Hall
    jtabalk(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your great review. I follow your blog and I shared on Twitter. Thank you for a chance to win "Starting from Scratch".
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your review and for the chance at the giveaway!

    faithdcreech at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete