Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads by Robert Valleau!


5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional!



About The Book

MYSTIC DREAMS AND DUSTY ROADS. Feisty twelve-year-old Peep Holler finds living with her single alcoholic father challenging as she struggles with puberty, faith and unforeseen tragedies at the beginning of the Oklahoma Dust Bowl years. But her greatest challenge yet lies just ahead.

One day, Peep innocently uncovers a dark secret which drives her further from her estranged father, and, if revealed, could rip apart her best friend’s family. While Peep copes with this secret, however, an untimely event occurs that alters her life perception...and sets her on a course that affects entire generations. (Title Design: Tate Publishing. Image: Rhonda Smiga Photography. Model: Shallan Victoria Marcum. ©2013)


Purchase Here: 
http://www.deepershopping.com $13.49 Paperback
http://www.amazon.com 14.25 Paperback, $8.99 Kindle
http://www.barnesandnoble.com $14.25 Paperback, $8.99 Nook




Biography

Bob has over 25 years of writing experience for the Christian market. His writing career began, in the 1980s, when he was hired by a Christian publishing company for their book department. Since then, he has worked as a full-time staff writer for two international ministries and was once named Christian Writer of the Year (San Antonio, TX) by the American Christian Writers Association. His credits include writing for Christian radio, television and the Internet. He has contributed to three books and has written numerous magazine and newspaper articles. He is the author of Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads and is writing its prequel, Black Mesa Magic (Release: 2014).





My Review ~


The year is 1933. The country is in the throes of The Great Depression. The High Plains are being ravaged by dust storms and devastation, particularly in the Oklahoma Panhandle. Farmland was completely destroyed and families were stressed beyond measure. The hardships as a result of the depression and the severity of drought and devastating dust storms leave people either clinging to their faith or disclaiming it. Life and family dynamics are sadly altered by circumstances as a result of alcoholism and its backlash, as well as abuse, deceit and tragedy beyond all understanding. The magnitude of these circumstances is overwhelming. The friendship between two young girls during their coming of age is a bond that holds them together throughout the catastrophes surrounding their young lives. Their story is enchanting and poignant. 

This book has left me somewhat speechless! It is written with such clarity, wisdom and sensitivity that I was transported into the lives and settings of this emotional story. Robert Valleau is a brilliant author who writes with true passion and integrity. The descriptive qualities in this book are written with agonizing clarity, revealing tragedy that transcends all understanding, and the relationships throughout are presented with intensity and depth of feeling. Inspiration and discovering faith are strong undercurrents that lead to hope in the hearts of the afflicted. This is one book that I will keep and treasure, and undoubtedly reread in the future. Please don't miss this life-altering book.  

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. Thank you, Robert Valleau!


5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an incredible book! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to quit reading your great reviews Nancee. My list of books to read gets longer and longer!
    I do enjoy your reviews. Looking forward to reading this book.

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, you really need to read this book. I just loved it. I will read this one again! It was just so touching!

      Delete
  3. Oh No I am like Judy I need to stay away, I want to read this book now! Great review Nancee!

    ReplyDelete