Thanks to Wynn-Wynn Media, I have 6 copies to give away!
Stirring Sequel to Into The Free!
Description
It is the spring of 1943. With a wedding and a cross-country move, Millie’s world is about to change forever.
If only her past could change with it.
Soon after the break of day, Bump will become Millie’s husband. And then, if all goes as planned, they will leave the rain-soaked fields of Mississippi and head for the wilds of the Colorado Rockies. As Millie tries to forget a dark secret, she hasn’t yet realized how drastically those past experiences will impact the coming days.
For most of Millie’s life, being free felt about as unlikely as the mountains moving. But she’s about to discover that sometimes in life, we are given second chances, and that the only thing bigger than her past … is her future.
Purchase at your local bookstore or these online locations:
http://www.deepershopping.com Paperback $9.74
http://www.amazon.com Paperback $11.48
http://www.barnesandnoble.com Paperback $11.48
http://www.christianbook.com Paperback $11.49
Biography
A speech language pathologist and literacy advocate, New York Times best-selling author Julie Cantrell was most recently editor-in-chief of the Southern Literary Review. She is author of the best-selling book Into the Free and two children’s books. Julie and her family live in Mississippi where they operate Valley House Farm.
My Review ~
Millie discovers hope in the opportunity to move forward with her life, far from atrocities of her past. Sadly, Millie's past is destined to become a major component of her future. Her choice between the two men she loves eventually creates questions in her mind regarding whether she has chosen the best course for her future. Opportunity awaits her and her new husband, Bump, as they set out to brave new worlds in the mountains of Colorado, far from the heartache in Mississippi. The challenges they face appear insurmountable when they realize that their "new" homestead is uninhabitable. Using every moment of daylight Millie and Bump attempt what appears to be the impossible, but their perseverance rewards them with an inhabitable farmstead and outbuildings with 5,000 acres of land to raise horses and beef cattle.
Julie Cantrell has received numerous awards for her debut novel, "Into The Free," which has been optioned by a production studio with hopes of bringing her story to the big screen! Julie's sequel to "Into The Free" surpassed my expectations! Her attention to detail is outstanding, and her characters are so well illustrated that I felt myself living Millie's life throughout the story! Vivid portrayals of the landscape throughout Millie and Bump's journey to the Rocky Mountains are eloquent, from the yellow flowers Millie so loves to the mountains that greet them. The hardships and disillusions they face are realistic and believable. As with Julie's debut novel, I feel that "When Mountains Move" is an exceptional work of artistic creativity. I highly recommend this inspiring book!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author and Wynn-Wynn Media in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES:
Please comment about my review, leaving me feedback regarding your thoughts, rather than just stating that you want to win this book. Leave your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address, and please share my blog review with your friends in order to qualify for this contest.


Loved this review Nancee! I have "Into The Free" and would love the opportunity to read this sequel! Your review has certainly piqued my interest!!!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
jenmom1707(at)yahoo(dot)com
jenmom, you have won a copy of When Mountains Move! Congratulations! I will get in touch with your for your address.
DeleteWhat a great review. I would love the opportunity to read this. I am going to be having a complete shoulder transplant, and could sure use some good reading, while recuperating. Barbara Gauthier. Bgauthier49@live.com.
ReplyDeleteGreat review Nancee, thanks for offering a chance to win a copy of this book.
ReplyDeleteI have not read Into the Free yet, have it on my to be read list. Will add this book to that list as well. How exciting for Julie if Into the Free is made into a movie. We need more movies like these. I really enjoy stories set in that era-early 1900's and this one sounds great.
Tina
tfrice(at)comcast(dot)net
Great review, Nancee! You have me very intrigued when you wrote that Millie's past becoming part of her future. Then, when you write about the two men she loved. Okay, you have me curious and interested. I know I've told you before, but you write fantastic reviews. I forwarded this review to a friend. We usually read the same books. Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your giveaway.
ReplyDeleteBarbara Thompson
barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com
Barbara, you are a winner! Congratulations! I'll get in touch with you for your address.
DeleteOnce again another great review Nancee. I love it when characters come alive and you actually feel like you are right there with them. I haven't read "Into The Free." I will need to put both books on my "wish list."
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
judyjohn2004(at)yahoo(dot)com
oh, this sounds very interesting, Nancee!!! I would love to read this book! Hugs, Rhonda
ReplyDeleterhonda_nash_hall (AT) comcast (DOT) net
I loved this novel--I have a copy but I'll gladly sign up for another to giveaway. Highly recommend. I just love the post-marriage aspect of Millie's life. heatherdaygilbert (at) gmail (dot) com.
ReplyDeleteAh Nancee, You have piqued my curiosity. I haven't read anything from this author yet but your statement "Her attention to detail is outstanding, and her characters are so well illustrated that I felt myself living Millie's life throughout the story!", is one I like to hear. I love getting so engrossed in a story that I feel as if I am the character living through the experiences. Excellent review, my friend! You know where to find me if I win and I am sharing this review on FB ;)
ReplyDeleteI loved this book! Great review Nancee!
ReplyDeleteNancee, a job well done with your review. It makes one want to read the whole story. It is true that it is hard to run from the past, but doesn't mean you can't come out for the best results. I love to feel like I am right there where the story is taking place. And, with you and Mary both recommending
ReplyDeleteit there's no doubt it is a win. Please put me in for the drawing. Thanks. MAXIE mac262(at)me(dot)com
Maxie, you are a winner! Congratulations! I'll get in touch with you for your address.
DeleteLove books about people who need to relocate to find a better life. Sometimes we all have hard times. My poor parents had to relocate several times after their trials in Germany after WWII. So I can relate to this very much. Sonja.nishimoto (at) gmail (dot) com
ReplyDeleteSonja, you are a winner! Congratulations! I'll get in touch with you for your address.
DeleteI had never heard of Julie till now & her books sound like somethingi would love to read. your review makes me want to read the 2 books now. lisawilson2011@hotmail.com
ReplyDeleteLisa, you are a winner! Congratulations! I'll get in touch with you for your address.
DeleteThank you very much! i sent you an email. Your blog sign up isnt working. I have tried numerous times & have received nothing in inbox. Thanks once again. I have bookmarked your blog. Lisa
DeleteSounds like a good read. angelachesnut246@gmail.com Angela from Ky
ReplyDeleteWould so love to win.
ReplyDeletePeople from that time were never afraid to work really hard,no matter what,for what they wanted or needed. The whole family worked together. We need to go back to that mentality. momtr3@yahoo.com
DeleteBonnie, you are a winner! Congratulations! I'll get in touch with you for your address.
DeleteSounds like it would be a great sequel. I haven't read the first one yet, but I have it on my Kindle. Can't wait to read them both and excited to see that there will be a movie.
ReplyDeletegrams57 [at] gmail [dot] com
I have Into the Free and have yet to read it. After reading your review, I want to read it and get this one to read as well. Series has to be good for a movie to be made. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!
campbellamyd at gmail dot com
Many thanks to all of you who entered this contest! I appreciate your comments. I will be giving away many more books in the coming months, so please stop back in often, and best wishes to each of you!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to the winners. You are going to love this book. If you haven't read Into the Free, may I suggest you read it first.
ReplyDeleteYou won't be disappointed with either book.