Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review & GIVEAWAY!
Hidden
(Jacob's Family Series #1)
by Vannetta Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!

Description

HIDDEN is an inspirational romantic suspense.
Home is where our story begins …
DANA JACOBS would rather forget the night of tragedy and violence that marred her childhood. She is now supervisor in charge of the Department of Homeland Security in Taos, New Mexico. Her team is prepared to handle any threat—biological, chemical, conventional, cyber, even nuclear. BENJAMIN MARSHALL is newly assigned to Dana’s office. Straight from a six year military deployment, he is not what Dana wants or needs.
Ben knows God has a reason for putting him in this place at this time—to help Dana. When a local school is threatened, they open a case which leads them on a chase through the Enchanted Circle and Carson National Forest, pursuing a man filled with a bitterness Dana can understand. But her anger is different. It’s justified, it remains hidden inside, and it hurts no one.
Can Dana face her own mortality? And when she does, can she truly understand what it means to forgive and to be forgiven?
**This book will be available in print and ebook format through all standard vendors. 
Order Now

Biography

Vannetta Chapman writes fiction full of GRACE. She has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather's birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her first novel, A Simple Amish Christmas, quickly became a bestseller. Chapman lives in the Texas hill country with her husband. 

For more information, visit her at 
webpage -- www.VannettaChapman.com 
blog -- http://vannettachapman.wordpress.com
facebook -- www.facebook.com/VannettaChapmanBooks, and 
pinterest -- http://pinterest.com/vannettachapman

My Review ~

Dana Jacobs is supervisor in charge of the local Homeland Security office in Taos, New Mexico. Benjamin Marshall is the new guy in town, assigned to Dana's office after a 6-year military deployment. His charming personality rankles Dana to the core in spite of his brilliance as an explosives expert. His attraction to Dana sets her on edge, and is unwelcome. As dangerous events challenge Dana's best trained team she is forced to accept Ben's expertise and knowledge, along with a strong taste of romance she is unprepared to acquiesce. Dana struggles with bitterness from the past, difficulty with forgiveness, and loss of faith while Ben provides a calm strength and strong faith throughout their investigations into a threat to homeland security. Can she overcome her bitterness and accept the help of one who has the means and the devotion to assist her? Ben to Dana: "Trust me." His faith keeps him on an even keel throughout the most dangerous situations, and he knows that God has placed him where he is for a very definite purpose. He prays for Dana to discover that peace. 

Vannetta Chapman is recognized for excellence in creating absorbing and captivating Amish fiction as well as Amish mystery. In her newest release, "Hidden," she has crossed over to the Inspirational Romantic Suspense genre, and has done a brilliant job of creating a suspense-filled, well researched plot that kept my attention throughout. Her first venture into the suspense genre without the Amish theme is highly successful! Each of the characters in "Hidden" is strong and unique, personalities the reader can identify with. Emotional and danger-filled, this novel takes the reader to multiple levels, each one creating a strong response to the events through the book. Poignant, composed with sensitivity, compassion and artistic expression, this is a compelling book you won't soon forget! The author has presented a high-pitched work of romantic suspense that will assure you that God has a purpose in all things! 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, October 27, 2014

14 comments:

  1. Thank you, Nancee, for this fabulous review! I love Vannetta and she IS a brilliant author.
    I follow your blog via bloglovin
    I shared via twitter
    https://twitter.com/AmyBooksy/status/524184503896395779

    campbellamyd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I appreciate your kind words, and yes, Vannetta is a brilliant author!

      Delete
  2. Oh, how exciting to know that you are doing a giveaway for Hidden, Nancee! Even if my name is not drawn as the winner, I will be picking up a copy of this book. Vannetta is truly a wonderfully gifted author.

    Sharing on my FB page
    I'm a follower of your blog, Nancee.

    cindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love Vannetta Chapman. Such a talent. I am thrilled about this crossover!
    I follow you and email subscribe.
    Shared via twitter: https://twitter.com/kellyblackwell/status/524404877271633920
    Thank you for the chance!
    KellysShining(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! I am salivating over this one :)
    homesteading[at]charter[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I follow you everywhere in blogland and subscribe!

      Delete
  5. oh, boy, I can't wait to read this one! Hope I win!!! Vannetta's books are all amazing! Thanks, Nancee! Rhonda
    nashhall AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy couple of days here! Thank you all for your wonderful comments! You'll all love this new release from Vannetta. She writes fabulous Amish fiction, but her new release in the Christian Romantic Suspense genre is outstanding also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to reading this non-Amish book of Vannetta's. Thank you for your review and an opportunity to win Hidden. I am a follower and I tweeted.
    may_dayzee[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nancee. Hope all of the little ones are well. Nancee, I am a follower of yours and shared this to my Facebook. Thanks!
    Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks to each of you for stopping by to comment and enter this contest! Vannetta is full of surprises, and they just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nancee thanks for sharing this book. I follow you, Facebook and will share it.
    Nancycooks4u(at)gmail(dot)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review. Looks like a very interesting story. I love the books of Vannetta's that I have read. Thanks for a chance at winning.
    seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS, KATE! Your name was drawn as the winner of a copy of "Hidden!" Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete