Review & GIVEAWAY!
A White Christmas in Webster County
by Laura V. Hilton
A White Christmas in Webster County
by Laura V. Hilton
Description
Wanting to relocate from Shipshewana to somewhere new, Mercy Lapp answered an ad in The Budget to work as a mother’s helper for Matthew and Shanna Yoder inSeymour , Missouri . Mercy relocated from Shipshewana to give herself space and time to heal after the death of her beau in a fishing trip on Lake Michigan . Abner Hilty fled Shipshewana to Montana to work on a ranch after he and his twin brother witnessed a murder. Now that the killer is safely behind bars, Abner decides to visit his brother Abram in Missouri where he’d settled with his bride of one month. Mercy is surprised to see Abner there, and equally surprised by how much he’d changed physically since she’d last seen him. Even though the two live in different districts they occasionally see each other in town and form a fledgling friendship. As Christmas approaches, an unexpected heavy snow lets Abner and Mercy spend a lot of time together in wintertime fun. Abner hopes to interest Mercy in a more permanent relationship. But then Mercy has a potentially life changing discovery. Will she return to Shipshewana to answer the summons of the past? Or settle in a new place?
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.christianbook.com/
Biography
Award winning author, Laura Hilton, her husband, Steve, and their five children make their home in Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas. She is a pastor's wife, a stay-at-home mom and home-schools three of her children. Her two oldest children are home school graduates and are in college. Laura is also a breast cancer survivor.
Her publishing credits include three books in the Amish of Seymour series from Whitaker House: Patchwork Dreams, A Harvest of Hearts, and Promised to Another. The Amish of Webster County series, Healing Love. Surrendered Love and Awakened Love. A nonAmish book Swept Away will release November 2014 from Abingdon Press. She is contracted for another three book Amish series with Whitaker House, The Amish of Jamesport, releasing in November 2014 (The Snow Globe), June 2015 (The Postcard), and November 2015 (The Birdhouse). A Christmas Amish book, A White Christmas in Webster County, will release in September 2014. Laura is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. Laura is a professional book reviewer for the Christian market, with over a thousand book reviews published at various online review sites.
http://booksbylaura.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Laura-V-Hilton/161478847242512
My Review ~
A snowy Christmas is quickly approaching in Webster County, Missouri. Abner and Mercy meet quite by accident and Abner sets the pace for romance by announcing that he intends to marry Mercy. Both have suffered grief and anguish in the recent past, and Abner finds Mercy to be his answer to prayer. A dizzying romance ensues. Characters from previous books in the Webster County series make an appearance. As is customary with Laura V. Hilton's novels, love is definitely in the air!
This author has created another passionate romance that will quicken your heartbeat while employing discernment and Christian principles. I loved the determination that Abner's character personified! The characters in this book are very well developed, and there is no room for boredom. You'll be reading this one until the wee hours of the morning! Grab a copy and settle in for a memorable experience! I highly recommend this wonderful Amish Christmas novel.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, November 3rd.


Would love to win this book. It looks so good and the cover is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteseraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com
I diffidently want to read this book! Thank you for sharing your blog. in put on this book. I would love to win it <3
ReplyDeleteKristina Kohler
kris{at]talktoday{dot}us
Sounds like a wonderful read. Would love to win a copy of this book. Thank you for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteI am reading a Shipshewana trilogy right now. I would love to read this book too.
ReplyDeleteI like reading about Amish in other parts of the country and also how they deal with problems when their world collides with ours. I've not read anything by this author before but it sounds interesting. Need to expand my author reading base. Please consider me entered in your giveaway.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you write a compelling review. Thank you.
truckdriverlacey13atgmaildotcom
CONGRATULATIONS, LACEY BULLARD! Your name was randomly selected as the winner of a copy of "A White Christmas in Webster County!" I will be emailing you for your address and will pass it on to Whitaker House. They will be sending your copy in the near future! Thank you for visiting my blog and entering this contest!
DeleteWould love to read one of Laura Hilton's books, it would be a first for me. Especially like the christmas books :)
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog
ReplyDeleteshared on facebook :)
ReplyDeleteI have had the pleasure of reading this book, too, Nancee. As expected, with any of Laura's books, I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteGreat review, Nancee!
(Don't enter me in the giveaway since I already have a copy)
Loved the review and would love to win the book. It really sounds like a good read.
ReplyDeleteAnn Ellison
abilene_nana@yahoo.com
I love a good Christmas book!
ReplyDeleteTeresa Sheroke
tsheroke(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
You did a great job in the interview and I enjoyed it a lot. Would love to read this book. Sonja dot Nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a great book.
ReplyDeletesusanmsj at msn dot com
I would like to read this book, love the cover. if I don't win I will be looking for this book, sounds so good. I will post on fb. thanks and have a Bless Day
ReplyDeleteI would love to read this book too! Love stories and Christmas go together since Love came down at Christmas! I signed up for your blog too. I too love the cover and am a retired homeschool mom so kudos to you!!! : ) Thanks for the giveaway opportunity. Blessings!
ReplyDeletechris_davebures@bellsouth.net
Hi Nancee. Sorry haven't been here much lately. laura does have some good books. I would love to win this book. Amish and Christmas. Two good reasons. Great review. Please put my name in. And, I am a follower of yours. I shared it on my Facebook.
ReplyDeleteMaxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <
I would love to read and review this book.
ReplyDeleteps I have shared on FB and tweeted!
ReplyDeleteLove Christmas books!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to win a copy of this book! Thanks for the opportunity..
ReplyDeleteI would love to read this book i was raised about 18 miles from seymour and was raised mennonite, most the amish from there are my cousins and family.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful review. Thank you for sharing. Yes, I would love to read this book. Thank you for the opportunity to win.
ReplyDeleteeppersonkatrina(at)yahoo(dot)com
I would love to win
ReplyDeleteThanks for chance to win this book. Would love to read.
ReplyDeleterbootc(at)gmail(dot)com
This book sounds great would love to win a copy ! Thank you .Blessings danagirl777hotmail{dot}com{at}gmail{dot}com
ReplyDelete