A Robertson Family Christmas
by Miss Kay Robertson
& Travis Thrasher
Description
Hunter Clarke wanted one thing for Christmas: to spend it with his dad and his brother. He misses being included in any guy trips since his parents divorced and he went to live with his mom. So he’s less than happy when his mother tells him that he won a contest to spend Christmas in West Monroe, Louisiana, with a family named the Robertsons. For some reason, they’re supposed to be a big deal. How did he win a contest he didn't enter? Besides, he’s never heard of them and sure doesn't want to spend Christmas in a swamp with a bunch of strangers.
Korie Robertson is excited to open her heart and home to Hunter and show him what the Christmas season looks like for the Robertson family. And like it or not, Hunter experiences it firsthand. From duck-hunting disasters with the bearded guys, to learning to cook with Miss Kay, Hunter quickly discovers what it’s like to live with this boisterous, yet loving family. Putting on his headphones and ignoring them is not an option. Before long, Hunter begins to let his guard down. But with Christmas and the end of his trip fast approaching, will it be too little, too late? Or will Hunter be open to the greatest gift of all?
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.christianbook.com/
http://www.deepershopping.com/
Biography
Kay Robertson, also known as Miss Kay, is an American television personality, best known for her appearances on the A&E reality series Duck Dynasty.
Biography
Travis Thrasher is the author of over a dozen works of fiction, including Isolation and Ghostwriter. He has been writing since he was in the third grade. His writing is known for its honestly, depth, and surprising twists. Thrasher lives in Chicago with his wife and three daughters. Learn more about Thrasher as www.travisthrasher.com.
My Review ~
I must say that I wasn't sure what I was going to find when I chose to read A Robertson Family Christmas. I haven't followed their television program, aside from watching a couple of episodes. This book changed the way I originally perceived this family and their somewhat "atypical" lifestyle.
I must say that I wasn't sure what I was going to find when I chose to read A Robertson Family Christmas. I haven't followed their television program, aside from watching a couple of episodes. This book changed the way I originally perceived this family and their somewhat "atypical" lifestyle.
Contrary to my first impressions this book enlightened me. I found the Robertson family to be the most loving, compassionate, godly family, generous in sharing of themselves and their good fortune. This fictional book is a pretty realistic portrayal of the Robertsons, and how they live their lives. They are unassuming, faith-filled and represent a closeness that many families will never experience.
Miss Kay and Travis Thrasher did a remarkable job of weaving this tale of taking in a teen aged boy from a broken home to experience a Robertson family Christmas. The faith and unassuming acceptance that they offered this young man is commendable. Emotions rolled over me as I read this book, shedding a tear here and there, and laughing out loud at some of the antics of the Robertson men! I highly recommend this warmhearted Christmas book. I'm passing my copy on to one of my daughters who is a huge fan of the Robertsons, but I'm going to ask to borrow it back at Christmas next year to enjoy the experience all over again.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through The Book Club Network's For Readers Only program in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are mine alone, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.



No comments:
Post a Comment