Sunday, May 10, 2015

"An Empty Cup"
by Sarah Price
Review & ebook GIVEAWAY!

5 stars!



Description

Amish woman Rosanna Zook lost her self-confidence within the confines of a loveless and abusive marriage. In the years spent quietly dealing with her burdens and dutifully caring for others, she forgot her sense of self and ability to feel. But after her first husband’s untimely death, she gets a second chance with Reuben Troyer, a godly man who welcomes Rosanna and her two children into his life.


Despite the love and respect she finds in her new marriage, Rosanna soon learns that juggling the demands of her family and church community is more than she can handle. When Rosanna becomes ill, she is forced to confront a hard truth: one empty cup cannot fill another. For a woman who has spent her life giving, will Rosanna finally be able to let go and receive?

Purchase at these locations:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.parable.com/
http://www.booksamillion.com/



Biography

The author of more than two dozen novels, Sarah Price brings twenty-five years of experience of living among the Amish to her books, many of which have been Amazon Top 100 Bestsellers. Her recent title First Impressions: An Amish Adaptation of Pride and Prejudice debuted in the ECPA Christian Fiction Top 25 Bestseller List a month after publication.

Price has family roots in the same region of rural Pennsylvania where many of her stories are set; the Preiss family emigrated from Europe in 1705 and settled in the state along with the area’s first wave of Mennonites. Born into a Mennonite family, Price has firsthand experience with the culture and religion of both the Mennonites and the Amish. Her grandparents first introduced her to the world of the Amish in 1978, and since then Price has visited and even lived among different Amish communities in Lancaster County.

Follow her on social media: 
Blog: http://www.sarahpriceauthor.com.  
Facebook: http://facebook.com/fansofsarahprice.
Twitter: @SarahPriceAuthr
Instagram: @SarahPriceAuthor
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/SarahPrice

My Thoughts ~

"An empty cup cannot give!"

This story of Rosanna Troyer, an Amish wife and mother, could be the story of any woman who has struggled with the oftentimes debilitating effects of anxiety and depression. Rosanna's unloving and abusive first husband has left her with little self esteem, and her responsibilities weigh heavily on her. Recently remarried, she's a typical Amish wife and mother with endless tasks to complete. Being a godly woman she takes on outside activities to contribute to her community. Life has become an endless battle to keep up with what Rosanna feels is her duty.

One who struggles with anxiety and depression, I could easily relate to Rosanna and her overwhelming feelings of despair when she began to lose herself to all of the commitments in her life. She was taking care of everyone's needs but her own. Feeling it her duty to help others as a way of pleasing God, Rosanna found herself unable say "no" when asked to participate in activities and help in any way she could. The demands of even her loving family began to overwhelm her as she struggled to keep up a faster pace than she was able to bear. The more she gave the less she had left of herself, finally suffering physical symptoms that she could no longer deny.

Sarah Price has lived with the Amish and has a strong bond with the Lancaster County Amish community. Her knowledge of the life of an Amish woman is substantial. She portrays her characters with honesty, integrity and sensitivity. Rosanna is a broken woman. Her cup is empty, and this author has represented the resulting realities of anxiety and depression. I found this to be a very tastefully written story of the human condition that exists in all societies, regardless of religious beliefs or other differences.

Descriptive, sensitive, believable and honest, this representation of a very broken woman is familiar to many of us. Ms. Price has penned a very powerful testimony to the debilitating and destructive symptoms of anxiety and depression. I highly recommend this book, and feel that every woman should take the time to read it. For those who suffer the ravages of this affliction, "An Empty Cup" is an education in the realities that accompany the inability to say "no."

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, May 18, 2015.


33 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting. Nice review, Nancee. How do we go about entering for the giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I've added the instructions above. I hope that you return to enter this contest! Thank you for pointing out that I had forgotten to add the instructions when it was posted.

      Delete
  2. I am a blog follower.
    I shared on Facebook
    I shared on Twitter.
    I love your blog Nancee, you always give the best interviews. They are fun to read and learn about the authors and their books. I hand not had a chance to read Sarah Prices books yet but would love to. The Amish are fascinating people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the giveaway opportunity. Email is cnnamongirl at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to be a very interesting read! I love Amish books. Kari_trumbo @ hotmail [dot] com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be a very nice book to add to my collection! I really enjoyed your thoughts on this book! Thank you for the chance to win a copy.
    I also shared on Twitter (@sea_tea04)
    Shared on FB & Pinterest
    And I am a blog follower
    teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great giveaway. This book will be a treat to win. MarilynDKC at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great book to read and win. Thank you for the giveaway. MarionMPC at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to win this interesting book. What great read. Thank you for the generous giveaway. JoanEC128 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like great reading! Thank you for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen how the debilitating and destructive symptoms of anxiety and depression affect a loved one. I'd like to read this book..
    I do follow and get your email letter :)
    dkstevensneAToutlookD OtCom

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great book. I would love to win it! I have shared on Facebook and I am a follower of your blog. My email is grace_soo_amazing at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Sarah's books. Would love to win this book.

    seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been reading quite a lot of Sarah's books. Would love to read this one! sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one sounds great! Thank you for the opportunity.
    I am a follower!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing Nancee!This book sounds very interesting.Great review!jackie_tessnair(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning, Thank you for the great review !!! Sarah Price does such a great job on her books, I am so looking forward to reading this.. thank you for the chance to win it. I am a follower and I shared. Rosemary rfoley [at] salemstate [dot] edu

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds like a very touching novel. My email address is: sydneyjames68@gmail.com. I shared on Facebook and Twitter and am following your blog via email. Thanks for the giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This book sounds interesting. It seems no matter how you live, you need to open yourself up to being cherished by others. I shared your page on Facebook also. Thanks. steveandellengray(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Nancee. I am a follower of yours and shared this on my Facebook. I would like this book of Sarah's. Thanks for a chance to win it.
    Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for a chance to win the book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The book sounds very good. I have had bouts of depression my whole life so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Nancy, I follow you. This book seems very interesting, a book I would like to read.
    Thanks
    pam1lunsford ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a follower and shared on Google + and Twitter! Thanks, Nancee! Diana loved this book, too! I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks like a great book! Can't wait to read it!

    Leslie Schmidt
    lizgsleader@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the very insightful review, Nancee! As many other ladies have said, I have lived with anxiety and depression on and off most of my life. Some Christians are so unaware of the fact that we can't simply think our way out of it, and it sounds like Sarah Price has committed to demonstrate some of the factors involved - and that healing is in Christ alone. I would loved to read this; thank you for the opportunity to win! I have signed up to follow by email. jeaniedannheim (at) ymail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love to win!

    douglas(dot)emilee(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I posted. I tweeted. And I'm following your blog.

    I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
    douglas(dot)emilee(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Would like a chance to win.
    lga2511(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow your blog. I haven't read a book by this author yet, but I hope to soon! I'm sure this is a great book!
    Susan in NC
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for the giveaway. I would be so happy to win this book.
    MarilynDKC[at]aol[dot]com

    ReplyDelete