Sunday, June 7, 2015

"Second Chances: An Amish Retelling of Jane Austen's Persuasion"
(The Amish Classics Series)
by Sarah Price
GIVEAWAY!
5 stars!




Description

At twenty-five years of age, Anna Eicher has never married. When she was seventeen, her parents convinced her to break off her courtship with Freman Whittmore, the youngest son in the Whittmore family and her best friend. Afterward, a distraught Freman moved away from Lancaster County.
Eight years later Freman has returned to visit his sister, who is renting the Eichers’ house for the winter. Now the owner of the largest dairy farm in his church district, Freman has neither married—nor forgiven Anna.
Although he begins courting someone else, Anna hopes to convince him that she has never stopped loving him. Will Freman be persuaded to forgive Anna and open his heart again?






Purchase here:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.christianbook.com/
http://www.deepershopping.com/


Biography

Sarah Price self-published her first book, Fields of Corn, in 2009, a book she wrote thirty years earlier while studying anthropology and writing at Drew University (Madison, NJ). With her Anabaptist upbringing, she was drawn to the amazing culture of the Amish of Lancaster County where Ms. Price is heavily involved with numerous Amish communities where she is considered family by some and friend by most others. Fields of Corn became an Amazon bestseller and fans began asking her for more books. 

In 2013, she signed with Realms, a division of Charisma House, to publish the Amish Classics series. Initially focusing on the retelling of Jane Austen's timeless classics from within an Amish setting, her first traditionally published book, First Impressions, A Retelling of Pride & Prejudice, debuted on the ECPA bestseller list. She intends to continue retelling classics, including the Bronte sisters and Victor Hugo, as she enjoys "raising the bar" on her own intellectual stimulation as well as that of her expansive base of loyal readers. 

In 2014, she signed with Waterfall Press and published An Amish Buggy Ride which because the #1 bestseller in Religious Romance. 

In 2015, she also began writing Young Adult fiction with her first book, Diehard Fangirl launching on April 17, 2015. Her focus is on helping young teenagers with self-esteem issues as well as educating parents about the good and the bad impact of social media on their daughters

Follow her on social media: 
Blog:http://www.sarahpriceauthor.com. 
Facebook: http://facebook.com/fansofsarahprice.
Twitter: @SarahPriceAuthr
Instagram: @SarahPriceAuthor
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/SarahPrice

My Thoughts ~

The story of Anna and Freman is filled with anguish and loss, but underlying hope lingers. Anna's controlling family has essentially stolen her freedom and any opportunity for happiness. Although 8 years has passed since she broke off her courtship with Freman at her family's insistence, heartbreak and melancholy remain her constant companions. 

Unexpectedly Freman returns to Ohio, and Anna is forced to face her feelings, and her hopes and dreams that a second chance with Freman may be possible. In keeping with Jane Austen's book, "Persuasion," Sarah Price has created an Amish version of this memorable story, and added her own flare. 

Anna's character reflects the Amish lifestyle of meeting the demands and responsibilities of her family, but has her lack of fortitude cost her a future of love and happiness? After her mother's death she allowed her father and Aunt Lydia to dictate her future, causing her to lose the love of her life. The author has developed Anna's character to reflect authenticity and a deeply emotional reflection. The story flows in tandem with Austen's "Persuasion," and is exquisite in detail! 

Anna continues to allow others to dictate how she lives her life, and unhappiness accompanies her days. This personality trait of feeling obligated to please others at her own expense is representative of how many of us go through life, denying our own needs and desires in order to help others achieve their goals. 

"Second Chances" is Sarah Price's finest! The detailing is impeccable and the story flows seamlessly. I was completely captivated by this book, from the very beginning to the end. I highly recommend this poignant and masterfully written Amish representation of Austen's "Persuasion." 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. 


CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, June 15, 2015!



42 comments:

  1. This sounds like a truly great read. I would love to win a copy. I posted on facebook, tweeted, and pinned. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good.....mamawings@hismercy.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' this series, thank you for the chance to win "Second Chances"!

    wfnren at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorraine AlexanderJune 8, 2015 at 1:54 PM

    I love Sarah's books.....thank you for this opportunity to win Second Chances!

    lorrainealx(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorraine AlexanderJune 8, 2015 at 1:55 PM

    Shared on FB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to read this book. Thank you for this opportunity. padt73[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sarah Price book and this one sounds good . Woukd love to win it . Thanks . I already get your blog news Nancee.
    lizd225(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any book by Sarah Price is worth reading!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be honored to win Sarah's book.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like another winner from Sarah Price.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the gifting of your book...Second Chances sounds like a great story!
    dkstevensne AToutlook(DoT)CoM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Second Chances sounds like a wonderful book. Thank you for the opportunity!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a fan of Sarah Price and would love to add this book to my collection. Sounds like a wonderful read. Thank you for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read Sarah's take on P&P and would like to read this one, too. Your review is awesome, Nancee!
    homesteading[at]charter[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a good thing I ordered an extra copy of "Second Chances!" I'm so excited to see so many of you interested in winning this contest! Don't forget to leave your email address or I won't be able to contact you if your name is chosen as winner! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited to see your wonderful review Nancee, of Second Chances. If I had any doubts if I wanted to read this, which I didn't I sure don't now. Here's to hoping I'll be able to read this soon. It really sounds terrific !
    Shared on facebook.
    Shared on Twitter.
    I follow your blog.
    Deanne Patterson
    Cnnamongirl(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Sarah's "The Matchmaker" so this would be a great addition to the series! I really enjoyed the review of this one and an Amish version of "Jane Austen's Persuasion" would be an interesting take on it!

    teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com
    I shared on both Facebook and Twitter
    I follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Sarah's books and have read the others of this series! I would love to win this one! I follow your blog.
    sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com

    I am crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Nancee. Sorry, way behind on my computer this past weekend. Had a large family reunion on my brother's 90th birthday. Was a huge success.We have a large family scattered across the United States and in Japan. Some in in Alaska and Hawaii . It was Friday evening through Sunday evening. Saw some cousins I never get to see and some I had never met. We took up a big area in church on Sunday morning. Thanks for the review of Sarah's book. I would love to win it. I am a follower of yours. Thanks for the chance. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoy Sarah Price books, and look forward to reading this one. I always look forward to your reviews Nancee, always right on the money !! thank you !! Rosemary rfoley[at]salemstate[dot]edu

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like a really good book. Sarah Price is a new author to me, and I would love to have this chance to read one of her books.
    I follow your blog.
    grace_soo_amazing at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This book sounds great.I love Sarah's books.I am looking forward to reading this one.Thanks for your great review. Jackie_tessnair{at}yahoo{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea for a story. I'd love to read the book.
    carolgstratton(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a really good book. But then all of Sarah's books are Really awesome...
    Would love to win this one..

    Seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't usually enjoy Amish books but Sarah's retelling of Jane Austen novel through present-day Amish settings sounds very intriguing. Thanks for offering this give-away!

    Valerie volunteerval[at]aol[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amish novels are the BEST! I have read many, but none by this author. Would love to win this one!
    suanlulu(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sounds good would love a chance to win! grams57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  30. ANY book by Sarah~I try to read. Love to have this one.

    ReplyDelete
  31. First you get me hooked on Laura V Hilton, now Sarah Price?! Can't wait to read this!! billnkellybrown(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE Amish stories. I would love to win. rachel(at)bledsoe(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Linda Dianne StoweJune 15, 2015 at 12:20 PM

    Hi,I would love to win this book,it sounds wonderful,sad but wonderful.I love stories that keep you on your toes and this one sounds intriguing.I hope I win ,but if not I pray another deserving person gets the chance,thanks and blessings to you all! Linda.stowe@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Nancee , love your blog page . I love Sarah Price books and this one sounds good . Would love to be a winner . Thanks for the chance .
    lizd225(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your review was wonderful it really caught my interestll All of Sarahs books are captivating because Sarah goes the full nine yards to give you a good truthful story with accuracy even if it is fiction. This is sure to be another Excellent book by Sarah! Thanks for offering this!

    ReplyDelete
  36. CONGRATULATIONS to Lorraine Alexander, winner of a copy of Second Chances by Sarah Price!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Sarah is awesome. I've got a spot waiting on my bookshelf for Second Chances.

    ReplyDelete