Thursday, October 1, 2015

Review & GIVEAWAY!
"The Birdhouse"
(The Amish of Jamesport #3)
by Laura V. Hilton
5 stars!


TWO opportunities to win a copy of Laura V. Hilton's latest release!


Win a copy of Laura V. Hilton's latest book, The Birdhouse (Amish of Jamesport #3) by entering the Goodreads' Giveaway. 12 copies will be given away (winners chosen randomly by Goodreads). Enter by Oct. 6, then be sure to rate and review! https://www.goodreads.com/…/enter_choose_a…/155605-birdhouse

Description

Twenty–year–old Greta Miller's daed has been injured in a farming accident during the summer. The supportive Amish community tries to help out, but Greta and her sister must work outside the home to make ends meet, and so Greta rents a booth at the farmers' market. Because Greta is still in her rumspringa and free to explore the world, her family selects her to sell her homemade jams, jellies, and preserves to Englischers. 

Josh Yoder wants to court Greta, but years ago, he made the mistake of rejecting her during a seemingly innocent game; which resulted in him leaving the Amish. Three years later, he's back, but Greta wants nothing to do with him. Josh struggles to fit in and rebuild relationships he destroyed. Knowing Greta's family needs help, he steps in, hoping to win her back. 

When Greta admires one of his birdhouses, he gives it to her, hoping that it will open the door to more. But as their friendship begins to grow, a series of unfortunate events pull Greta away from the Amish, leaving her rejected by those she loves. Will Greta get beyond her family's distrust and return home? Will she prove her innocence? Or will she remain outside her Amish community?





Biography

Laura Hilton graduated with a business degree from Ozarka Technical College in Melbourne, Arkansas. A member of the American Christian Fiction Writers, she is a professional book reviewer for the Christian market, with more than a thousand reviews published on the Web. The Birdhouse is book two in Laura's latest series with Whitaker House, The Amish of Jamesport. Her first series with Whitaker was The Amish of Seymour, comprising Patchwork Dreams, A Harvest of Hearts (2012 Laurel Award winner, first place in the Amish Genre Clash), and Promised to Another, and her second was The Amish of Webster County, comprising Healing Love, Awakened Love, and Surrendered Love. 

Laura and her husband, Steve, have five children, whom Laura homeschools. The family makes their home in Arkansas. To learn more about Laura, read her reviews, and find out about her upcoming releases, readers may visit her blog at http://lighthouse–academy.blogspot.com/ & Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Author-Laura-V-Hilton/161478847242512?fref=ts

My Thoughts ~

Laura V. Hilton has pulled out all the stops and outdone herself with "The Birdhouse!" She will wrap you right around her little finger with the characters and action in this fantastic Amish fiction book from The Amish of Jamesport series. Emotions run deep and the action flows. Realism is a strong point in this book. Life isn't sugar coated or depicted as saccharine. Amish life is difficult, as life is for all of us. Losses are significant and missed opportunities are heartbreaking, and these events are well described and touch the heart.

Lost faith and hope are sad components in this story of struggling in adversity. Loss of trust is tangible. Misunderstandings and lies leave Greta despairing, but Josh keeps hope alive in his heart. Is his faith and love alone enough to overcome despair in Greta's life? His attraction and love for Greta have never waned, and his growing passion for her only escalates in this poignant and romantic novel of unbridled desire. I loved Greta and Josh and the journey they traveled throughout this enthralling story.


Faith, hope, love and forgiveness are prominent components in "The Birdhouse." This book will literally take your breath away! You'll be swept into a heart pounding adventure of unknown proportions!


Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.



CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Wednesday, October 7, 2015.

32 comments:

  1. Love these books. Thank you for the chance. rackylemaire(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already subscribe to your blog. I also shared on facebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Can't wait to read this one. I love Laura's books. :)
    You know I follow your blog every way possible. And I will share on FB.
    homesteading[at]charter[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't so sure about this book when I first saw it reviewed about a month ago. That shows what I know. It just proves how much following reviews works, because I am highly interested now. Thank you so much for your faithfulness in posting reviews. I am a new and future faithful follower. I'll be sure to share this on Facebook, too.

    tlhcoupon (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been waiting for this one to release. I am so excited to have chance to have an opportunity to read it. Laura Hilton's boos are always such a winner. I have shared on Twitter and I follow your blog.
    Deanne Patterson
    Book1lovingmomma at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great giveaway. This book looks like a winner.
    Marion[at] aol [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My e-mail is MarionMPC [at] aol [dot] com

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the opportunity to win this great book.
    JoanEC128 [at] aol [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great book to win. Thanks for the giveaway.
    MarilynDKC [at] aol [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to add this book to my collection. Thank you for your review and giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to add this book to my collection. Thank you for your review and giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to add this book to her other one I have on my shelf "The Postcard". Thank you for the opportunity!

    I've also shared this on both Facebook & Twitter and follow your blog via email :-)
    teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS, Trixi! You are the winner of a copy of The Birdhouse! As soon as I hear from you I'll put your book in the mail! Happy Reading!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oh my, unbelievable!! Thank you so much Nancee.....I'm replying to your email now....wow, such a nice surprise! Now I will have two of Laura's "Amish of Jamesport" books on my shelf...super duper excited!!!

      Delete
    4. You're welcome, Trixi! Please thank Whitaker House for offering this book for my blog contest. The love to hear from people like you! They have a Facebook timeline, and you may make comments there. Thank you for being a part of this contest and Happy Reading!

      Delete
    5. I'll be sure to do that, Nancee, what a great idea, I never thought about it!

      Delete
  12. This is a winner and I would love to be one too! Thank you for the opportunity!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Laura's books.I would love to win this one.Thanks for the chance.I am a follower and I shared on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently read The Postcard and loved it! The Birdhouse sounds like another wonderful story! Thank you for sharing your beautiful review, Nancee, and for the giveaway opportunity.

    I am a blog follower and will share on FB and Twitter.
    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love, love. love to win this books.
    Seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to win a copy Thank you for the offer .Blessings ,DanaGirl jashbk{at}earthlonk{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the chance to win this. I enjoy this author so much. I follow your blog. God bless you.
    leliamae54@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a book I would enjoy. scrappalachia[at][gmail][dot]com.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to have this book! It sound so interesting! Love the title!
    susanlulu(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for a chance to win.
    dhazelton(at)myfairpoint(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, I can't wait to read! Lindafaulkner860atcomcastdotcom

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look forward to reading this book.
    Thereadmaster@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to reading this book! Enjoyed the last one.
    grams57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved your review, looking forward to reading this book. Amish fiction is my favorite genre to read. Would love to subscribe to your blog and shared on facebook also. dsimmering68(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Linda is not able to comment on my blog, so I am adding her comment,

    Linda Zaragoza-Zrubek
    Hello Nancy! Would you please enter me in your latest contest...The Bird House".Thank you So much! zrubek@cox.net

    ReplyDelete