"Hearts in Defiance"
(Romance in the Rockies: #2)
by Heather Blanton
GIVEAWAY!
GIVEAWAY!
Description
MEN MAKE MISTAKES. GOD WILL FORGIVE THEM. WILL THEIR WOMEN? Charles McIntyre built the lawless, godless mining town of Defiance practically with his bare hands … and without any remorse for the lives he destroyed along the way. Then a glimpse of true love, both earthly and heavenly, changed him. The question is, how much? Naomi Miller is a beautiful, decent woman. She says she loves McIntyre, that God does, too, and the past is behind them now. But McIntyre struggles to believe he’s worth saving … worth loving. Unfortunately, the temptations in Defiance only reinforce his doubts.
Billy Page abandoned Hannah Frink when he discovered she was going to have his baby … and now he can’t live with himself. Or without her. Determined to prove his love, he leaves his family and fortune behind and journeys to Defiance. Will Hannah take Billy back or give him what he deserves for the betrayal?
Gritty and realistic, this is the story of real life and real faith in Defiance.
~~ The sequel to the highly acclaimed, best-selling western romance A Lady in Defiance!
Biography
I love Christian Western Romance because this
is the genre that lets me write about strong, pioneer women and men who
struggle to find God and then live out their faith in real ways. Romance
is always a strong element in my stories because it is such a beautiful
gift from God, and a perfect reflection of how he loves us:
sacrificially and lavishly. My stories aren't preachy or cheesy, but I
hope they are inspirational, heart-warming, realistic, illuminating, and
glorifying to God. Like good old fashioned Westerns, there is always
justice, a moral message, American values, lots of high adventure,
unexpected plot twists, and more than a touch of suspense.
I am a huge researcher, as well, and you will find hints of historical
romances inspired by true stories in my novels!
I grew up in the mountains of Western North Carolina on a steady diet of Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and John Wayne Westerns. My most fond childhood memory is of sitting next to my daddy, munching on popcorn, and watching Lucas McCain unload that Winchester! I love exploring out West, especially ghost towns and museums. I've walked parts of the Oregon Trail, ridden horses through the Rockies, climbed to the top of Independence Rock, and even held an outlaw's note in my hand.
"I believe Christian fiction should be messy and gritty, because the human condition is ... and God loves us anyway." -- Heather Blanton
I grew up in the mountains of Western North Carolina on a steady diet of Bonanza, Gunsmoke, and John Wayne Westerns. My most fond childhood memory is of sitting next to my daddy, munching on popcorn, and watching Lucas McCain unload that Winchester! I love exploring out West, especially ghost towns and museums. I've walked parts of the Oregon Trail, ridden horses through the Rockies, climbed to the top of Independence Rock, and even held an outlaw's note in my hand.
"I believe Christian fiction should be messy and gritty, because the human condition is ... and God loves us anyway." -- Heather Blanton
My thoughts ~
The second book in the Romance in the Rockies series is a continuation of book #1. You'll definitely want to read this series in order since they build upon one another. Back in time to the Old West the bawdy town of Defiance is the sin city of the west, worse than Dodge. Wyatt Earp even makes an appearance.
There are numerous characters, well developed and distinctly different. As three young women run a well respected hotel and attempt changing the scoundrels in Defiance, most characters, and I do mean "characters," aren't interested in the Christian way of life. This is a town of brothels, gamblers, drunks, prostitutes and lawlessness, and the residents like it that way.
There is no end to adversity or complications throughout the lives of those who dwell in Defiance. Relationships, suspense and intense drama continue to heighten throughout this book, which I'm sure will continue into book #3.
I had no difficulty sorting out characters in this novel because they were so well developed in book #1. I did, however, find this book was slow moving for me. The plot was well done, but I found it difficult to get as personally involved with this particular part of the series.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from The Book Club Network's For Readers Only program in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway
is Friday, 7-22-16.
There are numerous characters, well developed and distinctly different. As three young women run a well respected hotel and attempt changing the scoundrels in Defiance, most characters, and I do mean "characters," aren't interested in the Christian way of life. This is a town of brothels, gamblers, drunks, prostitutes and lawlessness, and the residents like it that way.
There is no end to adversity or complications throughout the lives of those who dwell in Defiance. Relationships, suspense and intense drama continue to heighten throughout this book, which I'm sure will continue into book #3.
I had no difficulty sorting out characters in this novel because they were so well developed in book #1. I did, however, find this book was slow moving for me. The plot was well done, but I found it difficult to get as personally involved with this particular part of the series.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from The Book Club Network's For Readers Only program in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please
leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect
your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the
continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage
through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their
prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!


This looks like an interesting read. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteMarilynDKC[at]AOL[dot]com
This looks awesome! Thanks for a chance to win! Have a Blessed day!!! I have shared and signed up for your blog :)
ReplyDeleteswanphillips4(AT)gmail(DOT)com
CONGRATULATIONS, Wenona! Your name was randomly selected, and you have won a copy of Hearts in Defiance. I hope that you enjoy it!
DeleteI am intrigued by this one! Thank you for the giveaway opportunity.
ReplyDeleteI am a big follower.
mauback55 at gmail dot com
I shared and already follow. Thank you so much for the chance. God bless!
ReplyDeleteleliamae54(at)aol(dot)com
Thanks for featuring Heather and her books. Have an awesome week!
ReplyDeleteThis sounds like a book that keeps you on the edge of your seat! A book I would love to read! sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteThanks for the giveaway Nancee! Since I like series books, I would add the rest :-)
ReplyDeleteteamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com
I've shared on FB and get your blog via email
I have already read great thoughts on this book. Thanks for adding your great review!
ReplyDeleteI follow you by email.
I shared on Twitter
Connie
cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com
Thank You for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteJoan
JoanEC128(at)aol(dot)com
Nice giveaway. Thank You
ReplyDeleteMarion
MarionMPC(at)aol(dot)com
I am so excited about this book!! I love reading westerns and they are so hard to find. I've never read this author's books before, Thanks for the chance to get to read one.
ReplyDeletepam1lunsford(at)gmail(dot)com
Westerns are so much fun! I don't think I have read any by this author previously so would be fun to win. Thanks for sharing. amylsmith ATbledsoe DOT net
ReplyDeleteSounds intriguing! Love your quote: "I believe Christian fiction should be messy and gritty, because the human condition is ... and God loves us anyway." -- Heather Blanton SOOOO true! Becky lelandandbeckyatreagandotcom
ReplyDeleteWhat a great opportunity! Thanks for the chance to win. Ruthdotkyseratgmaildotcom
ReplyDeleteJust saw this giveaway and would love to win this book because I grew up loving western
ReplyDeleteShows on TV and love watching western movies now,and love any books western Christian books.
Elmamc56atyahoodotcom.
Just saw this giveaway and would love to win this book because I grew up loving western
ReplyDeleteShows on TV and love watching western movies now,and love any books western Christian books.
Elmamc56atyahoodotcom.