"Buried Treasures" by Mary Manners
Deeply Moving Christian Romance!
|
Book DescriptionWhen Caroline flees Chicago following the brutal murder of her husband, the last thing she expects-or wants-is to fall for Matt Carlson, a builder with strong roots in the small town of Mountainview, Tennessee. She needs to focus on raising her six-year-old daughter and protecting both their hearts from ever being shattered again. Matt is struggling with issues of his own...guilt over the death of his wife and the responsibility of raising a cynical teenaged nephew who is dropped on his doorstep, abandoned by Matt's alcoholic sister. He doesn't have time to fall in love, yet he can't help being drawn to the woman who is ready to defend her home-and her daughter-with nothing more than a feisty attitude and a broom handle. Can Matt's help and friendship convince Caroline to trust again...and when Caroline's daughter goes missing, will Matt be able to find the girl before it's too late and he loses everything he loves...again?
Biography
Mary Manners is an award-winning romance writer who lives in the beautiful foothills of East Tennessee with her husband Tim and the cherished cats they've rescued from local animal shelters...Lucky and Gus.
Mary's debut novel, Mended Heart, was nominated Best Inspirational Romance 2010, and was finalist for the Bookseller's Best Award while her follow-up, Tender Mercies, was awarded an outstanding 4 ½ star rating from The Romantic Times Book Reviews and was also a finalist for the Inspirational Readers Choice Award. Buried Treasures, her third novel, claimed Book of the Year by The Wordsmith Journal. Light the Fire, her fourth novel, took top honors for the 2012 Inspirational Readers Choice Award. Mary was named Author of the Year by Book and Trailer Showcase. She writes romances of all lengths, from short stories to novels--something for everyone.
Connect with Mary on her Facebook reader page at Mary Manners, author.
Mary's debut novel, Mended Heart, was nominated Best Inspirational Romance 2010, and was finalist for the Bookseller's Best Award while her follow-up, Tender Mercies, was awarded an outstanding 4 ½ star rating from The Romantic Times Book Reviews and was also a finalist for the Inspirational Readers Choice Award. Buried Treasures, her third novel, claimed Book of the Year by The Wordsmith Journal. Light the Fire, her fourth novel, took top honors for the 2012 Inspirational Readers Choice Award. Mary was named Author of the Year by Book and Trailer Showcase. She writes romances of all lengths, from short stories to novels--something for everyone.
Connect with Mary on her Facebook reader page at Mary Manners, author.
My Review:
A year after the brutal murder of her young husband, Caroline and 6-year-old daughter Callie leave Chicago in search of a fresh start and a safe haven in small-town Mountainview, Tennessee. Caroline had inherited the old homestead from her Aunt Nora, where pleasant and happy memories filled her senses. Neighbor and builder, Matt Carlson has suffered insurmountable losses, as well as the added responsibility of helping his troubled nephew adjust to a loving and structured environment. Throughout this story of heartache and new beginnings, unexpected tragedies and romance are interwoven, not only involving two main characters, but branching into additional directions creating a multiplicity of events that enhance this poignant story of healing, trust and forgiveness. Caroline struggles with her fear of attending church while her daughter craves the experience from memories of happy times. Supportive neighbors and friends offer encouragement and assistance in the healing process in the lives of the characters in this story.
Mary Manners writes Christian romance fiction far beyond a conventional pleasant reading experience. She creates depth of character, and paints artistic scenes in a picturesque manner. Her Christian influence is gently woven throughout the story in a suble manner which is refreshing and inspiring. Events throughout "Buried Treasures" move the reader through a multitude of emotional experiences, making this a profound reading experience.
Disclaimer: I was given a paperback copy of this book for the express purpose of an honest and unbiased review. All opinions expressed are mine, and not influenced by others.
Mary Manners writes Christian romance fiction far beyond a conventional pleasant reading experience. She creates depth of character, and paints artistic scenes in a picturesque manner. Her Christian influence is gently woven throughout the story in a suble manner which is refreshing and inspiring. Events throughout "Buried Treasures" move the reader through a multitude of emotional experiences, making this a profound reading experience.
Disclaimer: I was given a paperback copy of this book for the express purpose of an honest and unbiased review. All opinions expressed are mine, and not influenced by others.

Great review Nancee and I will be sharing on FB. I'm looking forward to reading something by Mary Manners. Blessings, Susan Fryman
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan!
DeleteSusan, thank you so much for sharing!!!
DeleteI've not read any of Mary's books but this sounds good. Thanks for sharing your review! Hope you have a great week :)
ReplyDeleteI think you'd enjoy Mary's books, Anne. Have a blessed week!
DeleteThanks so much, Anne. I sure hope you'll give my books a try. God bless!!!
DeleteGreat review Nancee!!! Sounds like a great book. I haven't read anything by Mary Manners. I think maybe I should.
ReplyDeleteJane
Thanks so much, Jane. I sure hope you, also, will give my books a try. Enjoy and God bless!
DeleteAwesome review Nancee!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful for Nancee and the time she has taken to review several of my books. What a wonderful blessing she is to me!!!
DeleteLoved your review Nancee. I definitely will be putting this on on my "Wish" list!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy
This book is amazing - and highly acclaimed! Blessings, Mary. You're an amazing author.
ReplyDeleteThank you Nancee, your review is very informative. I adore the name of the story!! It warms the heart and promises an interesting read. I lived in east Tennessee,and was married in a Chapel in Pigeon Forge, so I feel a close relationship to the author. I will have to read this book, I am excited about it. I pray it sells very well and becomes a best seller.
ReplyDeleteHaving read several of Mary's books, I can tell those of you who haven't...you want to! :) They're wonderful. Well-written, heart-warming, clean fiction that proves a book can be gripping and keep a reader turning pages without a single graphic sex scene. :) LOVE this author!
ReplyDelete