Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pennsylvania Patchwork: A Novel (Legacy of Lancaster Trilogy) by Kate Lloyd

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Amish Fiction!



Book Description

June 1, 2013 Legacy of Lancaster Trilogy
ONE HEART. TWO LOVES. ONE CHOICE.
Seattle native Holly Fisher is smitten by Lancaster County, its simplicity and her long lost relatives. In the sequel to bestselling Leaving Lancaster, Holly embraces the Amish culture, learning to slow down to see what  - and who – really matters.
Meeting the family that her mother had kept hidden from her, Holly comes face to face with her real life and blood legacy. She also falls for the charming Zach, a handsome Mennonite veterinarian who is everything she’s ever wanted in a husband: confident, kind, successful, and authentic. And Zach proposes marriage. Is this too soon? Is this the right choice? Mother and Amish grandmother think she’s rushing into too much of a lifestyle change. Holly is in love with Zach and that precludes everything. Until she meets an attractive Amish man. And an old suitor shows up.
Pennyslvania Patchwork is the moving, richly told story of one woman’s heart, her faith and trust, and the choices she makes. Never easy, but one choice can change your destiny.



Biography

Author Kate Lloyd is a passionate observer of human relationships. A native of Baltimore, Kate spends time with family and friends in Lancaster County, PA, the inspiration for her novel Leaving Lancaster. She is a member of the Lancaster County Mennonite Historical Society. Kate and her husband live in the Pacific Northwest, the setting for Kate's first novel, A Portrait of Marguerite. Kate studied painting and sculpture in college. She's worked a variety of jobs, including car salesman and restaurateur.

Find out more about Kate Lloyd at
www.katelloyd.net
www.facebook.com/katelloydbooks
Twitter @KateLloydAuthor.
She loves hearing from readers!


My Review ~

Esther Fisher was drawn back to her Amish roots in Lancaster, PA where she was raised, but had left as a teenager. Living on her childhood farm with her aging mother, Esther prepared for Amish baptism and marriage to her widowed childhood neighbor. Her daughter, Holly, had never met her Amish relatives, and after the loss of her job in Seattle, Holly flew to Pennsylvania to meet her family. Upon traveling from the airport to her new home she received a marriage proposal from her driver, a local veterinarian with a questionable past. Soon Holly found herself attracted to her Amish neighbor's younger brother, who did the farm chores for her grandmother. As Holly's questions arose regarding her future, a previous friend from Seattle arrived at Holly's door with an engagement ring in hand. With three men competing for her attention which suitor will win Holly's heart? Numerous other questions arise as unforeseen events develop.

This story is filled with romance and adventure! Discovery through past experiences is a strong theme. There is not a dull moment in looking to the past for guidance toward the future. The characterizations in this book are varied. Relationships are the driving force throughout the book, and decisions made by the various characters are adventurous, and in some cases careless. Holly's dilemma surrounding her relationships was a major theme throughout the book, but there are numerous other underlying layers within the story. Unexpected events keep this story moving at a rapid pace.

Disclaimer: I received an ARC of this book from Wynn-Wynn Media for the express purpose of my honest review. All opinions expressed are mine, and no monetary compensation was given for this review.



10 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Kate Lloyd yet. I do have an ARC copy of this book to read. I am looking forward to doing so.

    Good review Nancee!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had read Leaving Lancaster first. I missed the background for this story. I'll definitely be reading that one too!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful review. That in itself even wants me to read this book. I, also, have not read Leaving Lancaster yet, either and so look forward to reading both. Thank you! Mary Lou flowersmarylou85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Lou. You'll definitely enjoy this book!

      Delete
  3. Nancee, I LOVED this book. Kate is a fantastic author, I have enjoyed all three of her books that I have read! You are the best book reviewer I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you're such a dear. Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  4. Great review Nancee! Kate is a wonderful author. I look forward to reading this book

    Cathy Weber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and you will too!

      Delete
  5. solid review by a solid reviewer of a superb writer and the excellence of her latest work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Murray! Yes, Kate is a wonderful author!

      Delete