My Amish Boyfriend
by Melody Carlson
Review & GIVEAWAY!
Review & GIVEAWAY!
Description
Sixteen-year-old Shannon McNamara has exciting plans for the summer, and she can't wait to get to them. Unbeknownst to her, however, her widowed and ailing mother has plans of her own--to relocate them both to the heart of Amish country in Ohio where she has relatives who can look after her. Shannon quickly learns that living a "simple" life is actually a lot of hard work. But when a hot young Amish guy named Ezra enters the picture, she's ready to get an Amish makeover and even consider making it a permanent change. But does Ezra share her attraction? Will Shannon really make the jump into this new way of life? And will it be for the right reasons?
Teen favorite Melody Carlson brings fans another sweet story of worlds--and families--colliding, exploring themes important to teen girls through an engaging tale.
Teen favorite Melody Carlson brings fans another sweet story of worlds--and families--colliding, exploring themes important to teen girls through an engaging tale.
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.deepershopping.com/ - Excellent Price!!!
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.christianbook.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
Biography
Melody Carlson has written more than 200 books (with sales around 6.5 million) for teens, women and children. That's a lot of books, but mostly she considers herself a "storyteller." Her novels range from serious issues like schizophrenia (Finding Alice) to lighter topics like house-flipping (A Mile in My Flip-Flops) but most of the inspiration behind her fiction comes right out of real life. Her young adult novels (Diary of a Teenage Girl, TrueColors etc.) appeal to teenage girls around the world. Her annual Christmas novellas become more popular each year. She's won a number of awards (including Romantic Time's Career Achievement Award, the Rita and the Gold Medallion) and some of her books have been optioned for film/TV. Carlson has two grown sons and makes her home in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and yellow Lab dog. To find out more about Melody Carlson, visit her website at http://www.melodycarlson.com/
My Review ~
Since the school year has ended, teenaged Shannon McNamara's goal is to get a tattoo, her drivers license, and a summer job. Because of her mother's serious health condition Shannon and her mom travel to Ohio to stay with Amish relatives. Shannon's grandparents are not the most welcoming, and numerous challenges ensue. Shannon falls in love with a local Amish boy, and her summer plans appear to be looking up. She becomes interested in possibly becoming Amish; however, her mother's health is rapidly declining and their challenges grow serious.
Written more specifically for teens and young adults this story of outsiders moving into an Amish community is appealing to all ages. Melody Carlson paints beautiful scenes of the Amish countryside, and presents the Amish realistically and with expertise. Her characters are unique and original. The story is written in the first person through Shannon's perspective which I found a bit unsuited for my taste, because the level of maturity from her point of view was far more advanced than a typical teenager. This is only my opinion. Others may love this perspective and not have a problem with it. The story moves at a fast pace, and the developments that take place keep the reader turning the pages to see what the outcome will be. My Amish Boyfriend is an enjoyable light read.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through The Book Club Network For Readers Only program and Revell in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address from spam. Share this review with your friends. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
OPTIONAL: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Saturday, 4-5-14.
OPTIONAL: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Saturday, 4-5-14.


I love Amish books and I've been wanting to read this one.
ReplyDeleteThanks Nancee for the giveaway.
Tina
bluehair1967 [at] yahoo [dot] com
following your blog.
ReplyDeletebluehair1967 [at] yahoo [dot] com
I shared the contest on facebook
ReplyDeletebluehair1967 [at] yahoo [dot] com
Sounds like an interesting read. Would love to win. Please accept my entry into this wonderful giveaway.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good read.
ReplyDeleteI love Melody's books. I'm looking forward to reading this one. Great review Nancee!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
Congratulations, Judy! You are the winner of My Amish Boyfriend! Thank you for entering this contest and sharing!
DeleteShared on FB!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
I am a follower of your blog through email and GFC!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
Been wanting to read this one since I read abut it. Thanks for a chance to win.
ReplyDeleteShared on facebook
ReplyDeletethanks for the chance to read this wonderful story, nancee.
ReplyDeletekarenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com
Thanks Nancee for your review. 200 sure sounds like a lot of books when compared with so many others. Are a lot of them novellas and short storie books? I would like to win this book. I do have teenager granddaughters. Please put my name in. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMaxie mac262(at)me(dot)com
Maxie, I think that some of the books that Melody has written are shorter in length. I have several of her books, and they don't appear to be as long as many of the books we're seeing. Your granddaughters would undoubtedly enjoy this one.
DeleteI love Amish books!! Sounds like a great book!!
ReplyDeleteWow! After a long day it's really refreshing to see all of your wonderful comments! Thank you all so much for visiting my blog and commenting to enter this contest. I love sharing books with everyone, so this is always fun for me!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy reading Amish stories! MY AMISH BOYFRIEND sounds very intriguing! Thanks for sharing Nancee!
ReplyDeleteWhoops, forgot...I follow you on FB & your blog! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I have seen this book and it looks really good, I look forward to reading it! I subscribed to your blog. Nancycooks4u[at]gmail[dot]com
ReplyDeleteThank you for all of your wonderful comments! The drawing will be held tonight!
ReplyDeleteLove some good Amish fiction!! I shared on FB and Twitter!! :)
ReplyDeletea.f.washburn(at)aol(dot)com
I shared on facebook, and i follow you, i would love to win this book thanks
ReplyDeleteShirley B jcisforme@aol.com