Thursday, April 10, 2014

What Follows After
by Dan Walsh
Review & GIVEAWAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dynamic!

Available Now!

Description

In 1962, life was simple, the world made sense, and all families were happy. And when they weren’t, everyone knew you were supposed to pretend.
With their family about to collapse, Colt Harrison and his little brother, Timmy, hatched a plan. They would run away from their Florida home, head for their aunt’s house in Savannah, Georgia, and refuse to come home until their parents got back together. But things go terribly, terribly wrong. Colt’s mother and father must come to grips with years of neglect and mistrust in order to recover their sons, their love for one another, and their broken marriage.
In this emotional story set against the backdrop of the Cuban Missile Crisis, Dan Walsh takes readers on a journey to rediscover the things that matter most in life–love, truth, and family.

This book can be purchased at the following locations: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | ChristianBook | IndieBound | Books-a-Million http://www.deepershopping.com/item/dan-walsh/what-follows-after/5952049.html
Biography
Dan Walsh is the bestselling author of 9 novels, published by Revell and Guideposts, including The Unfinished Gift, The Reunion and The Dance. He has won 3 ACFW Carol Awards, 2 Selah Awards, and twice his novels have been named as finalists for RT Reviews Inspirational Novel of the Year.
For those who haven't read Dan's books, reviewers often compare him to Nicholas Sparks and Richard Paul Evans. His latest project is partnering with Gary Smalley on a 4-book fiction series. The first book, The Dance, released in April 2013. It hit both the CBA and ECPA bestsellers list. The 2nd novel, The Promise, released in September. Dan served as a pastor for 25 years and now writes full time. He and his wife Cindi have been married 36 years and have 2 grown children, both married, and 1 grandson. They live in Port Orange, FL. You can follow him on Facebook or Twitter, or read his blog, as well as preview all his books by visiting his website at http://danwalshbooks.com.

My Review ~

Deceit serves no one. When marriage is compromised by a misunderstood observation the fallout impacts an entire family.   An unforgiving wife refuses to consider her husband's explanation of an innocent event, alienating him, and the family unit is broken. Scott Harrison is forced to leave his home and family, and Gina takes on a full-time job while raising the children. In an attempt to protect themselves and their family's reputation, Scott and Gina have been living a lie over a 10-month time frame, even convincing their sons to lie about the broken family. Eleven and six, Colt and Timmy embark on a bus trip to seek solace with their favorite aunt and uncle. While stopped at a diner Timmy is kidnapped, setting the stage for an FBI search for the little boy. 

Set in 1962 at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, all of America is on high alert, keeping local law enforcement agencies and the FBI occupied with the potential crisis the world is facing. Two FBI agents are assigned to the kidnapping case, and their leads are few and far between. As leads turn into dead ends and information is waning the search for Timmy becomes more dismal.

Dan Walsh has written a compelling, dramatic and poignant novel of a broken family whose lives are further fraught with anguish due to the kidnapping of their youngest child. This novel is replete with reality. I experienced the angst of the Harrisons throughout this novel, as their lives evolved into the quest for healing and the return of their child. Their faith in God is tested and the author's nuances regarding their frustration and anxiety are exceptional. Dan Walsh has surpassed my expectations through this beautifully written, heart wrenching story of broken trust, deception and fear of the future. His information regarding the Cuban Missile Crisis is well researched and accurate. Redemption and resolution are developed with clarity and compassion. I highly recommend this novel written with depth and discernment. This is Dan's best novel thus far!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Revell for the express purpose of my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. 

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address from spam. Share this review with your friends. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Wednesday, April 16, 2014.




22 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like a great book. Wonderful review. I had not heard of this book. Thank you for sharing.
    eppersonkatrinaatyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a powerful story.... Dan Walsh does some wonderful stories ... so very emotional !!!! I love Dan Walsh and follow him and keep him close, always a great read !!!! I shared your post on FB, I want my friends to see this !!!! Thanks for the GREAT review, as always Nancee !!!!!! Rosemary Foley. rfoley ( at ) salemstate ( dot ) edu

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great book. I have not yet read anything by Dan Walsh. Thanks for the chance to win it. I am subscribed by email. Cagould15[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. Will share on FB. Sarah Fox missionlove04 (at)hotmail (dot) com. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a great book. I have a couple of Dan Walsh's books on Kindle, but I have not had a chance to read them yet. Thank you for the chance to win a copy of this one. I subscribe to your blog.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a book you won't want to put down. I would love the chance to read this gripping story. I will also share on FB.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have several of Dan's books on my Kindle, not sure if I have actually read anything by him to this point, but it sounds llike my kind fo writer!

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great book and with Dan Walsh as it's author, I'm sure that it is.
    Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Great review Nancee. This book must go on my wish list. I can't wait to read it!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    I receive follow your blog
    I shared on FB

    judyjohn2004(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a Google Friend Connect friend of your blog~ and receive e-mail notices of your blog posts as a subscriber. Posted link to this review on my Facebook news page, sharing this review with friends, and tweeted on Twitter ~ https://twitter.com/LaneHillHouse/status/454664467297492992 ~ I have read Dan Walsh's stories and would like to read this new one. Please add me to the list of potential winner of his novel, What Follows After. Thank you, Nancee, Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. contact is lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net for the win!! Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

      Delete
  11. Great review Nancee! I loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your interest in Dan Walsh's newest release. This is by far the best he has written, and Dan Walsh is a wonderful and very talented author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to read this book, as I have never read any books by Dan Walsh.
    rita[dot]Navarre[at]yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds very good. And I liked your comments, Nancee. I would love to read this book! Sonja dot Nishimoto at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds like an edge of your seat story! Would love to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Nancee. I like this review. Sounds like a real interesting story to me. And, I've heard a lot of good things about Dan Walsh. So, please put my name in for a chance to win Dan's book. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your wonderful comments! I promise you won't be disappointed with this book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for the chance to read this wonderful novel ;)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, to say his best book thus far, it must be a good one! I would love to enter to win! martha(at)lclink(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love his books, so would love to win this one. TY for the chance. I signed up by email for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Judy B! Your name was drawn as the winner of a copy of "What Follows After" by Dan Walsh! I hope that you enjoy this book as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete