Sunday, April 20, 2014

Review & GIVEAWAY!
An Amish Garden, Four Amish Novellas
by Beth Wiseman,
Kathleen Fuller,
Tricia Goyer &
Vannetta Chapman!


5.0 out of 5 stars An Amish Garden


Description

“Where Healing Blooms” Vannetta Chapman
Emma discovers a run-away teen in her barn, and the bishop asks her to provide a haven for a woman and her two children. Then her mother-in-law reveals a secret about her garden. Will Emma choose loneliness or learn to accept God’s gifts?
"Flowers for Rachael" Kathleen Fuller
Rachael’s garden is beautiful, but she is lonely. Gideon is in love with Rachael, but when Rachael finds her garden in shambles after a crisis, she rejects his help. Will she realize she doesn’t have to do everything on her own?
“Seeds of Love” Tricia Goyer
When a corporation shows interest in buying Sadie’s heirloom seeds, she panics. They are all she has left of her Dat and Mem. Eli believes he can help Sadie, but a misunderstanding leaves her heartbroken. Will she trust him again, and will the seeds of a new relationship take root?
“Rooted in Love” Beth Wiseman
Rosemary is doing her best to run her family’s household. She excels at all her tasks except one: gardening. Saul has been interested in her for years, but Rosemary has turned him down repeatedly. Saul begins helping with her family’s garden, but someone is sabotaging his efforts—and keeping a secret that could change their lives.
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.deepershopping.com/, http://www.amazon.com/, http://www.christianbook.com/,  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/

My Review ~
Rooted in Love by Beth Wiseman
Beth Wiseman has written a poignant Amish story of love and loss based on a conversation the main character overheard. Two people's lives are fraught with dismay that honesty, openness and trust would have assuaged. The author paints a realistic portrait of Amish life, creating characters with emotion and sensitivity. I enjoyed this short story of relationships and the developments that resulted despite a misunderstanding.

Flowers for Rachel by Kathleen Fuller
Kathleen Fuller has depicted Rachel and Gideon's friendship in a very tender and expressive perspective. The Amish lifestyle is well described, and Rachel's relationship with her "grossdaadi" is amusing and entertaining. The author used very touching quotations at the headings of each chapter, appropriate to the content and very thought provoking. I enjoyed that addition to the story. The development of Rachel and Gideon's relationship was very charming and endearing. 

Seeds of Love by Tricia Goyer
Considerable loss and loneliness are pivotal factors in the life of Tricia Goyer's protagonist. Life-changing events set the mood for this expressive narrative. Heirloom tomato seeds are all that remain from Sadie's past, and a misunderstanding affects her attitude toward immediate family members. The young man depicted in this story is presented with compassion and a depth of character. The events throughout this novella are heartrending and poignant, and misconceptions are emotive.

Where Healing Blooms by Vannetta Chapman
Spring has arrived in Shipshewana, and Mary Ann's garden is once again her haven. Her daughter-in-law, Emma, joins her in weeding and tending to the garden, more expansive and prolific with each passing year. The garden haven holds secrets that no one could suspect. Vannetta Chapman weaves a story with depth and perception that places her in a category all her own. Her characters are strong and the setting picturesque. There's no guessing the ensuing events in this well-written novella. Much diversity is revealed in this extraordinary short story and I craved more, but the author wrapped up all loose ends bringing closure to this impressive novella.

Summary:
Faith, hope and love are strong elements in each of these novellas, and God's timing is always perfect, making for four well-written and very enjoyable novellas in this compilation. I highly recommend this collection of Amish garden stories, each containing very enjoyable story lines in their own right.

Disclaimer: 
I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address from spam. Share this review with your friends. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Saturday, 4-26-2014.

43 comments:

  1. I'm always ready for a new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joan, I need your email address in order for you to enter this contest. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. These books sound very enjoyable!
    gmhk2001 [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to win these books!

    tsheroke(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH Nancee, pick me pick me...somehow I missed out on requesting this book for review. Hoping I win a copy from you. Off to tweet and facebook this contest. Cindy Loven cndloven at yahoo dot come

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okie dokie my sweet friend, HOW in the world I wasn't already following you I do NOT know, but now I am a follower and I have tweeted and facebooked your contest..so pick me...LOL cndloven at yahoo dot com. ROFL, just see the error above. OOOps

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to win a copy of this wonderful book! Thank you for this chance. I have also shared on fb and signed up for your blog. Blessings to you, lisastifleratyahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love these collections...
    mud7130 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard so many great things about this novel! Sounds so awesome! Thank you for the giveaway!
    sylvesternator AT yahoo DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I just realized I did the wrong format for the email! Also I subscribed to your blog! :)

      Delete
  9. Love these reviews,sounds like a great book.I would love to read this book,especially now that it is spring and getting ready for gardens.Thanks for the chance to win it.jackie_tessnair{at}yahoo{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Nancee!!

    I love exploring the writing of authors unknown to me - by reading books with novellas from several different authors!! "An Amish Garden" sounds delightful!! Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy!!

    I signed up for your blog and shared the contest on my Facebook page!!

    bonnieroof60(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read books by 3 of these authors. This should be a great book. Thank you for a chance to win a copy.
    I am signed up for your blog.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review, Nancee. I have this book but haven't read it yet. (So don't enter me in the drawing)
    With these great authors, I know I'll enjoy it too.
    ~Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to win this book..I like the authors involved in this book ..
    Signed up for your blog, and will share on facebook
    bearangel0(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've read the other authors, but I haven't read anything by Kathleen Fuller. Please include me.

    KellysShining(at)gmail(dot)com

    I also shared via Twitter: https://twitter.com/kellyblackwell/status/458435422796783616

    And I an a subscriber to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful cover!! This looks like a wonderful collection of stories. Thank you for sharing.
    eppersonkatrinaatyahodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love to win this book. It sounds so good. Sharing on facebook.

    seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Nancee. See you are reviewing another good book, one I have been wanting. Three of these are some of the authors I started out with. All have good books. I am now a follower of Tricia also. I have shared this on my FB page. Thanks for the give-away. Please give me an entry. Maxie mac262(at)me(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am excited about the four book Novella, "An Amish Garden," by Beth Wiseman, Kathleen Fuller, Tricia Goyer & Vannetta Chapman! Four wonderful Christian writers. They all four have been given the talent of writing, not only for entertaining all us readers, but with inspiration to Glorify God in each and every book, regardless of the plot. The reviews of the book are all fantastic and interesting it makes you really WANT to read it NOW!!! I especially love stories about the Amish. Thank you so much for the opportunity to enter your give away and I would be honored to be among the winners of this wonderful Novella.
    I LIKE all the writers on FB, have shared this on FB & Twitter and of course, I get the newsletters and blogs!! such fun to read what everyone else has to say.
    ratsmith140(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks this book is on my wish list. It would be nice to win it! I subscribe and follow you. My email is nancycooks4u[at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read some of these books, and thanks for hosting the giveaway! I've followed you via Google Friend Connect and I have Tweeted a link to this post. :)
    jennismith1983(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Replies
    1. I need an email address in order to enter you in this contest, please!

      Delete
  22. Love all these authors. Would love to win. Thanks, Nancee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks to all of you for your comments and entries for this contest! This is a book you will all love! If you don't happen to be a winner in this contest, consider purchasing this wonderful book. It's well worth the price. DeeperShopping has an excellent price!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love all things Amish, I do so admire them living their lives the way they do in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you for the review! Sounds like a lovely book, one I would enjoy. Thank you for the chance to win!
    Blessings!
    Kelly (at) dkcountryarts (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  26. nice review, would love to read one. Thanks for the opportunity.

    lsnljohnson (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Don't you just love the cover?!?! I enjoyed your review very much too. I follow your blog. Thanks Nancee!!

    RW620(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. donco49(at)gmail(dot)com
    Love books about the Amish. Would love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  29. add me to your list! I'd love to win t his book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lighthouse(dot)lover(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete
  30. I would love to win this book--thanks for the opportunity. This sounds like a good read for Spring. Please add me in your drawing. (I'm thinking it is my turn for a win. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. share this contest on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am looking forward to reading An Amish Garden.Please enter me in contest.Thank you for the opportunity to win.I enjoy reading your books.augustlily06(at)aim(dot)com..Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am dying to read this one! I am a blog follower! Rhonda nashhall (AT) aol (DOT) com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cindy Loven, you are one lucky lady! I'm not sure if your wishing it so is what did it, but your number was selected as winner of "An Amish Garden!" CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you to each of you who has taken the time to visit and support my blog and leave your comments. I really appreciate you! I'll be having many future contests, so keep your eyes open for books that you may be interested in winning! Thank you very much for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Would love love to win please Thank you jashbk{at}eartlink{dot}net DanaGirl Spille

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for your review. It is always good to hear about new books worth reading.

    ReplyDelete