Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"Hidden Agenda"
Southern Crimes #3
by Lisa Harris
Review & GIVEAWAY!



4.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced suspense!





Description

Michael Hunt is alive--and on the run. Presumed dead by friends and family, the undercover assignment he's been working for the past eight months has just been blown. With a hit out on his life and corruption inside the Atlanta police department, Michael finds himself hunted by both the cartel and the law. His only hope is the daughter of the man who wants him dead.

This nonstop chase from taut suspense writer Lisa Harris will leave readers breathless as they race to connect the dots before it's too late.














Biography

LISA HARRIS is a Christy Award finalist for Blood Ransom, Christy Award winner for Dangerous Passage, and the winner of the Best Inspirational Suspense Novel for 2011 from Romantic Times. She has over thirty novels and novella collections in print. She and her family have spent over ten years living as missionaries in Africa where she homeschools, leads a women's group, and runs a non-profit organization that works alongside their church-planting ministry. The ECHO Project works in southern Africa promoting Education, Compassion, Health, and Opportunity and is a way for her to "speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves...the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice." (Proverbs 31:8)

When she's not working she loves hanging out with her family, cooking different ethnic dishes, photography, and heading into the African bush on safari. For more information about her books and life in Africa visit her website at www.lisaharriswrites.com or her blog at http://myblogintheheartofafrica.blogspot.com. For more information about The ECHO Project, please visit www.theECHOproject.org & facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/lisaharriswrites?fref=ts


My Review ~

Michael Hunt was presumed dead after a bomb exploded and there were no identifiable remains aside from his DNA. For eight months his family has mourned him, while he is secretly working an undercover assignment with the cartel. Rescued from the cartel his life is on the line. Both the cartel and the Atlanta police department are hunting him down. Betrayed by corruption in the police department and the drug lord who wants him dead, Michael is on the run. Olivia Hamilton and her brother attempt to help, only involving themselves in the deadly chase.

A fast-paced suspense kept me turning the pages of this very messy scenario. Characters run the gamut throughout this deadly pursuit for one man's life, involving a young woman and her deaf brother who are in as deep as the main character. No matter where they turn danger lurks around every corner, and there is no end to the number of hitmen seeking to kill them. As romance develops it also complicates matters. The main character is in over his head. The author has done her homework well. Police procedurals are well researched and utilized throughout this book, and the evils of the drug cartel are well represented. There is a lot to absorb throughout this thriller. If you don't mind sitting on the edge of your seat you'll love "Hidden Agenda!"

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, January 26, 2015.

22 comments:

  1. This looks so good i hope i win thanks for a chance
    Shirley jcisforme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, this book will keep you on the edge of your seat!

      Delete
  2. Another book by Lisa Harris, oh how I love her books. Would love to win. Lourdes11743[at]gmail[dot]com I subscribe to your blog and shared on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a Lisa Harris fan you won't be disappointed in this book!

      Delete
  3. I would love to read HIDDEN AGENDA.

    I subscribe and shared on facebook

    psalm103and138[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following my blog, Caryl! Good luck in this contest!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for visiting my blog, Kate! Lisa writes a very exciting suspense story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good suspense and would love to read this, Nancee! sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am intrigued by this book and would love to read it. Thank you for the opportunity to be a winner!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    I am a follower and subscriber!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love suspenseful books and this one sounds like a winner! I would love to win! Rhonda
    nashhall (AT) aol (DOT) com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nancee. A very good review. I love a good suspense that keeps you turning them pages as fast as you can. As you said keeping you on the edge of your seat. I would love to win Lisa's book. Thanks for giving me a chance. GOD bless. I am a follower and subscriber of yours. And, will share this. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, friends! I appreciate your loyalty in commenting on my blog posts. The drawing for this book will be Monday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a great suspense novel! I have one in this series already! Great to support Lisa! Nancycooks4u(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops forgot that I subscribe to your blog!

      Delete
  11. Linda Zaragoza-Zrubek - Would you please enter me for the giveaway Hidden Agenda, this sounds like a wonderful book.
    zrubek@cox.net
    Thank you so much,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unnfortunately Lind is unable to comment on my blog for some reason, so I have entered for her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read many suspense novels but have enjoyed the ones that I did. This book looks quite interesting so I'm going to throw my name in the hat and hope to win a copy.
    Thanks for the review Nancee, and for the giveaway opportunity.

    I'm a follower and subscriber
    Cindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like edge of the seat suspense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS to Melanie Backus! You are the winner of today's giveaway of a copy of Hidden Agenda! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete