Monday, January 12, 2015

"Murder Tightly Knit"
An Amish Village Mystery #2
by Vannetta Chapman
Review & GIVEAWAY!

5 Stars!



Description

In a town where Amish and Englisch Mingle every day, a grisly murder leads to mutual suspicion. Can Amber and Hannah find the killer before fear unravels the community . . . and before he strikes again?
Even before she heard of Owen Esch’s death, Hannah Troyer knew something was amiss at The Cat’s Meow yarn shop. The store has been closing at odd times, the ever-dependable Mary isn’t always at her post . . . and an Englisch man has been loitering around back.
Now, as leaves of brown, gold, and orange blanket Middlebury, Indiana, Owen lies dead on the Pumpkinvine Trail. The only clues to the murderer’s identity point in two very different directions—one of them leading right to The Cat’s Meow.
The police call in a federal investigator, but Hannah and village manager Amber Bowman are in no mood to wait for them to figure out what they already know—that no one from the Amish Village killed Owen Esch.
Amber and Hannah need to work quickly to solve the murder mystery and bring harmony back to the Amish community.
Discussion questions included.
Order Now
You may purchase a personally autographed copy for $12 plus shipping and tax. Fill in the box below and click the BUY NOW button.  
Autograph to:



Biography

Vannetta Chapman writes fiction full of GRACE. She has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather's birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her first novel, A Simple Amish Christmas, quickly became a bestseller. Chapman lives in the Texas hill country with her husband. 



For more information, visit her at 
webpage -- www.VannettaChapman.com 
blog -- http://vannettachapman.wordpress.com
facebook -- www.facebook.com/VannettaChapmanBooks, and 
pinterest -- http://pinterest.com/vannettachapman


My Review ~

"Murder Tightly Knit" takes place in Middlebury, Indiana, a small community of Amish and Englisch who coexist peacefully. The Amish Village is the local tourist attraction in the area, comprised of several quaint shops, an inn and conference center and local restaurant, surrounded by acres of grassy fields, a pond, and immaculately tended gardens. A winding creek flows through the property connected by a covered bridge. It's a quaint tourist village where local Amish and Englisch run the shops, the village managed by Amber Bowman, Her staff members are important to her, and she maintains a close working relationship with them. 

The Pumpkinvine Trail is a local walking and biking trail through the beautiful Amish countryside which many of the staff members use to get to and from the Amish Village. A peaceful, countryside pathway is the stage for the murder of a young Amish man, the victim of a crossbow arrow through the heart. No witnesses to the event, the question of who wanted young Owen Esch dead becomes the source of much speculation. As the police question all potential suspects, Amber and Hannah, a young Amish woman who runs the coffee shop at the Village share pieces of questionable and suspicious information that has them taking the law into their own hands!

Vannetta Chapman is a very talented novelist of both  Amish fiction and suspense novels. She has penned a fast-paced, suspense-filled, nail-biting murder mystery that keeps the reader guessing regarding "whodunit!" Her attention to detail regarding the geographical location and the residents of the community is impressive. Vannetta does her homework, and does it thoroughly. The characters described in this book are varied and colorful, people we can relate to, aside possibly from a potential murderer! As this story progresses the suspense builds to moments where I had to put the book down to recover from bouts of hyperventilation! There is no guessing in this complicated plot of the mysterious murder and the "person" responsible. Pick up a copy of this highly suspenseful book and take a ride in the fast lane! Be forewarned, you won't want to put this book down until the very last word! I highly recommend all of Vannetta's books, this one included!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through Zondervan and the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. 


CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, January 19, 2015.

43 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! So sweet coming from you especially!

      Delete
  2. This one sounds so good! I would love to win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need your email address in order to enter you in this contest. I hope that you return to see my message!

      Delete
  3. Vannetta Chapman is one of my favorites!! Thanks for posting your review & sharing this giveaway Nancee!
    Robin in NC rw620{at}aol{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoops, forgot! I follow your blog & I tweeted (https://twitter.com/RKW1010/status/554734936561684480)
    rw620{at}aol{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Everything you do adds another chance in the drawing!

      Delete
  5. I love your blog.Thanks for sharing your reviews.I follow your blog and I will share on facebook.jackie_tessnair{at}yahoo{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! Everything that you do adds another chance to win a copy of this book!

      Delete
  6. Love Vanetta Chapman books. Thank you for your review. Rackylemaire@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love V annetta books, love the review. Can't wait to read. Darlene 803-724-744626@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my review and visiting my blog!

      Delete
  8. I haven't read much by Vannetta Chapman yet, but I loved what I have read. Thank you for the chance to win a copy of this one. It looks great.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, Vannetta's books just keep getting better and better! She's a fabulous author!

      Delete
  9. Hello Nancee. I got to meet Vannetta and she is a very sweet person. Was so exciting for me. I have some of her books and would love to have this series, but don't know when that will happen. Guess you are enjoying those little ones of you. They are all so cute. I got to see 5 of my great-grands at my home yesterday. I have 19 but don't get to see them often. Wish I could see them every week. Take care and GOD bless. Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Maxie! You really need this new series of books from Vannetta! She is so talented and such a dear friend! I've met her on several occasions in Shipshewana, IN, and she and her husband are a joy to visit! Good luck in the drawing!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful review, Nancee!! I, too, love Vannetta's writing. She is one of my favorite authors.
    ~Cindi
    cindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindi! Vannetta is one of my very favorite authors, and a dear friend!

      Delete
  11. Linda Zaragoza-Zrubek, is unable to comment on my blog so I am entering for her. zrubek@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to read they sound so interesting I have read some of her books
    Thanks so much
    coaster98@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to review a book. Amish is all i read.
    lga2511atdotcom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to read this book. Love these .
    Thereadmaster@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved your review. Would love to win and read this book.
    seraphinangel7@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't know that I've ever read an Amish murder mystery! Thanks for the chance to win a copy.

    I follow your blog via e-mail

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy Amish books and mystery so this one fits the ticket! Thanks for the review and recommendation, Nancee!
    sh2rose(at)cox(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to all of you who have visited my blog and left such wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nancee, I love your review. I know all about needing to lay a suspenseful book down for a few minutes, when I am getting too anxious-- so funny! I shared on Twitter and Pinterest. I am a follower and a subscriber (different email).
    may_dayzee(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS, Kay!!! You're the winner of a copy of Vannetta Chapman's "Murder Tightly Knit!" I'll contact you for your address and we'll get your book in the mail!

      Delete
  20. I would love an opportunity to read this. Great review.

    lighthouse(dot)lover(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, you'd really enjoy this book. Vannetta knows the northern Indiana Amish country and residents well, and she reflects that in her writing!

      Delete
  21. Great review Nancee. I've had my eye on this book but have yet to buy it. Hoping for a chance to win it.
    ibakecakes4you(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have the first one in the series and would love to win this one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please don't forget to leave your email address or I have no way of getting in touch with you should you win this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the sound of this book. I like suspense and trying to guess who did it. sallydav45 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This book sounds like a good one . I am looking forward to reading it and thank you for the chance to win. tkpw222@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Vannetta's books.....thank you for the opportunity to win!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Vannetta's books. Thank you the chance to win !!! dsimmering68@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete