Friday, January 30, 2015

"Murder Tightly Knit"
An Amish Village Mystery #2
by Vannetta Chapman
Review & GIVEAWAY!


5 Stars!


Good news! The publisher sent me an extra copy of "Murder Tightly Knit!" That's great news for those of you who follow my blog! We're doing another GIVEAWAY! Please read the Contest Guidelines & Optional chances to add to your chances of winning! Good luck!



Description

In a town where Amish and Englisch Mingle every day, a grisly murder leads to mutual suspicion. Can Amber and Hannah find the killer before fear unravels the community . . . and before he strikes again?
Even before she heard of Owen Esch’s death, Hannah Troyer knew something was amiss at The Cat’s Meow yarn shop. The store has been closing at odd times, the ever-dependable Mary isn’t always at her post . . . and an Englisch man has been loitering around back.
Now, as leaves of brown, gold, and orange blanket Middlebury, Indiana, Owen lies dead on the Pumpkinvine Trail. The only clues to the murderer’s identity point in two very different directions—one of them leading right to The Cat’s Meow.
The police call in a federal investigator, but Hannah and village manager Amber Bowman are in no mood to wait for them to figure out what they already know—that no one from the Amish Village killed Owen Esch.
Amber and Hannah need to work quickly to solve the murder mystery and bring harmony back to the Amish community.
Discussion questions included.
Order Now
You may purchase a personally autographed copy for $12 plus shipping and tax. Fill in the box below and click the BUY NOW button.  
Autograph to:


Biography

Vannetta Chapman writes fiction full of GRACE. She has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather's birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her first novel, A Simple Amish Christmas, quickly became a bestseller. Chapman lives in the Texas hill country with her husband. 

For more information, visit her at 
webpage -- www.VannettaChapman.com 
blog -- http://vannettachapman.wordpress.com
facebook -- www.facebook.com/VannettaChapmanBooks, and 
pinterest -- http://pinterest.com/vannettachapman



My Thoughts ~


"Murder Tightly Knit" takes place in Middlebury, Indiana, a small community of Amish and Englisch who coexist peacefully. The Amish Village is the local tourist attraction in the area, comprised of several quaint shops, an inn and conference center and local restaurant, surrounded by acres of grassy fields, a pond, and immaculately tended gardens. A winding creek flows through the property connected by a covered bridge. It's a quaint tourist village where local Amish and Englisch run the shops, the village managed by Amber Bowman, Her staff members are important to her, and she maintains a close working relationship with them. 

The Pumpkinvine Trail is a local walking and biking trail through the beautiful Amish countryside which many of the staff members use to get to and from the Amish Village. A peaceful, countryside pathway is the stage for the murder of a young Amish man, the victim of a crossbow arrow through the heart. No witnesses to the event, the question of who wanted young Owen Esch dead becomes the source of much speculation. As the police question all potential suspects, Amber and Hannah, a young Amish woman who runs the coffee shop at the Village share pieces of questionable and suspicious information that has them taking the law into their own hands!

Vannetta Chapman is a very talented novelist of both  Amish fiction and suspense novels. She has penned a fast-paced, suspense-filled, nail-biting murder mystery that keeps the reader guessing regarding "whodunit!" Her attention to detail regarding the geographical location and the residents of the community is impressive. Vannetta does her homework, and does it thoroughly. The characters described in this book are varied and colorful, people we can relate to, aside possibly from a potential murderer! As this story progresses the suspense builds to moments where I had to put the book down to recover from bouts of hyperventilation! There is no guessing in this complicated plot of the mysterious murder and the "person" responsible. Pick up a copy of this highly suspenseful book and take a ride in the fast lane! Be forewarned, you won't want to put this book down until the very last word! I highly recommend all of Vannetta's books, this one included!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through Zondervan in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. 


CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Friday, February 6, 2015.

32 comments:

  1. I love Vannetta's writings and would love the chance to win this book. My current circumstances do not allow me to purchase it.

    lisamwa [at] yahoo [dot] come

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just love her books was just thinking i have not had a Amish book to read in ages sure would love to win Shirley Blanchard
    jcisforme@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the chance to read Vanetta's latest mystery...I'm a follower, too.

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a great book. I would love to win a copy. I shared on facebook and I follow your blog.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Vannetta Chapman's books! Thanks for sharing a chance to win Nancee!
    Robin in NC rw620{at}aol{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your post Nancee. I would love to win this for my church library so many could enjoy it!
    tumcsec(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested in trying these mystery novels. I am very familiar with her other books, but not the mystery ones.
    Susan in NC
    susanlulu(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss V is a great writer! I would love to read this one! I am a follower!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't read a lot of Amish fiction, and have never read an Amish mystery. Might be a nice change of pace!


    I follow the blog via e-mail

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nancy. Vannetta is one of my favorite authors. She is good at writing Amish mysteries. I also met her and she is a sweet lady. I would love to win her book. Would love to someday have them all. Please put my name in. Thanks, Maxie
    > mac262(at)me(dot)com <

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love the chance to read this one. I have seem a lot of talk about this one. I haven't read any of the ones from this series. thanks for the opportunity to win. tkpw222@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Amish books! Would love to win this one. Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to win, I love reading Vannetta's books.
      dsimmering68@gmail.com

      Delete
  14. Would love to reaad.. Meme_braddock at yahoo dot com. also i shared on twitter and i am subscribed to your blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Vannetta's books. Sounds really good. rackylemaire (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I started following your blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vanettta's books are great! Shelia Hall sheliarha64(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Vannetta's books. Would love to win! Pam Burke pamburke74gmailcom

    ReplyDelete
  19. Liked and shared. pamburke74(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Vannetta's books! Count me in for this one.
    homesteading[at]charter[dot]net

    I follow through GFC & email.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice review

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Vannetta's books, know this one is no exception

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda Zaragoza-Zrubek
    Nancy, would you please enter me for Murder Tightly Knit again! Thank you Linda
    zrubek@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please enter me in the contest for this book. Love Vannetta's books.
    serapjinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oops should read.... seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm very familiar with Middlebury & Essenhaus aka the Amish Village. Gonna have to read this. bjleecontests(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Vannetta's books,would love to win and read this one.Thanks for the chance. jackie_tessnair(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have heard this is an excellent book! Thanks for sharing it! I also subscribe to your blog. Nancycooks4u ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com

    ReplyDelete
  29. CONGRATULATIONS, Melissa L! Your name was selected in my blog contest, and you have won a copy of Murder Tightly Knit by Vannetta Chapman!

    ReplyDelete