Thursday, February 11, 2016

"Joshua's Mission"
(Plain & Simple Miracles #2)
by Vannetta Chapman
Review & GIVEAWAY!

 
Description 
Joshua’s Mission is a new standalone novel in the Plain and Simple Miracles collection from popular author Vannetta Chapman. These stories of love and family and Amish community in Oklahoma tell of the miracles that can happen when lives are lived in service to God and to one another.

Joshua Kline travels from his farm in Oklahoma to offer aid to an Englisch town on the gulf coast of Texas after a category 4 hurricane has ravaged the area. He brings his brother with him, who needs a change of environment. The last thing he wants for Alton is another brush with the law. He is pleasantly surprised when he hears that Becca Troyer, the bishop’s granddaughter, plans on joining their team.


What will Joshua find when he arrives in Texas? A lack of electricity, certainly, which poses little problem for the Amish volunteers as they help restore order from destruction. But a budding romance? A call from God? And a possible healing of his relationship with Alton?


Joshua’s Mission is a story of love, forgiveness, and the grace of God that carries us through even the worst situations.




Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.christianbook.com
http://www.deepershopping.com




Biography
Vannetta Chapman writes inspirational fiction full of grace. She has published more than one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving more than two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather's birthplace of Albion, Pennsylvania. Her novel Falling to Pieces was a 2012 ACFW Carol Award finalist. A Promise for Miriam earned a spot on the June 2012 Christian Retailing Top Ten Fiction list. Chapman was a teacher for 15 years and currently writes full time. She lives in the Texas hill country with her husband. For more information, visit her at www.VannettaChapman.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VannettaChapmanBooks/?fref=ts


My thoughts ~

Two different cultures converge after a natural disaster destroys a community along the Gulf Coast of Texas. A hurricane completely ravaged the small community leaving its inhabitants with virtually nothing but destruction. A group of Amish young people from Oklahoma join a Mennonite Disaster Service in a mission trip to help rebuild the Englisch community.

The description of the force of Hurricane Orion is disclosed vividly. infused with the intensity the storm imposed on the community. Amish and Englisch work side by side to the same goal. Relationships develop throughout this team effort as new friendships form and old resentments surface between brothers. Tensions rise as a young Amish man finds himself in dire circumstances, but disaster has a way of maturing those who face adversity.

The depth of characterization in this novel is impressive! The strength of the human spirit is brought to life with wisdom and insight. Compassion and humility build relationships to the discovery of forgiveness, faith and acceptance of God's grace. A very strong reality discovery reveals the strength of the human spirit, and God's presence through the worst of times and the best of times. 

I highly recommend Joshua's Mission. In my estimation this novel is one of Ms. Chapman's very best! It is an impressive and compassionate revelation of the human spirit and the bonding of different cultures who walk different paths but blend through adversity. Although part of a series this book stands on its own merits!

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author and Harvest House Publishing in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Friday, February 19, 2016.


 

 

40 comments:

  1. Thank you for the chance. I want to read this so much. I follow your blog and I'm sharing on FB.
    leliamae54(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am diggin' this cover with the hero on the front! I'd love to win. :)
    duhpaynes[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a great giveaway. Thank You
    MarionMPC(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This sounds great. Yes, I would love to read it. Wonderful review. Thank you for sharing and the opportunity to win.
    eppersonkatrina@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to read this! 1savedfamily@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a good read. Thanks for the giveaway.
    MarilynDKC[at]AOL[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! To have this book noted as one of the author's best... it must be really outstanding! Thank you for the giveaway
    Janice
    pjrcmoore(at)windstream(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! Great review, Nancee!! Sorry about your break maker, but your review is making it up for me :)
    This sounds fantastic!! Sarahsmithstorm@gmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to win a copy. Thanks for the opportunity. JanetMurphy[at]cvctx[dot]com
    I will share on my FB page

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful giveaway.
    JoanEC128(at)AOL(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like such an awesome read! Thanks for doing this giveaway for your readers! I have shared this post on fb and have signed up for your news calendar. :) Have a Blessed Day!
    swanphillips4(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Vannetta's books and would love to win. Thanks, Nancee, for chance.
    nashhall (AT) aol (DOT) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Nancee for a chance to win this book. It really sounds good. I have subscribed to your blog and shared this post on twitter. spotts06(at)comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome giveaway!I love Vannetta'books.Thanks for the chance to win this one.jackie_tessnair{at}yahoo{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would really enjoy reading this book. Following blog and on Facebook.
    diannekc8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow your great blog! I'm very interested in this book. I think it's great to learn about something new like this, plus it's great mission work at its best. Chapman's Amish books are always a real treat!
    susanlulu(at)yahoo(dot)com
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Thank you for the opportunity.mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! Thank you for the opportunity.mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful review. I love reading the Amish and Mennonite stories. I will also share on my Facebook. Pleasure viewing your page. ROBERTACLINE345atgmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I learned of you while viewing post from Mary Fields...Longtime friend of mine :-) She's a WONDERFUL woman and Fantastic friend. Many things in common...our greatest is Our Love for The LORD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roberta, thank you for joining my other blog visitors. It's nice to see you coming from Mary's blog. She's a dear friend and helped me get into blogging.

      Delete
  21. It is nice to know that there are people young and older who will come together and work to help others in their time of need. I would love to win this book! d[dot]brookmyer[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATULATIONS, Sarah! You have won a copy of Joshua's Mission by Vannetta Chapman!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ENTER HERE TO WIN A COPY OF ANNA'S HEALING BY VANNETTA CHAPMAN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Nancee. I would love to win Anne's Healing. Please throw my name in the hat! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Anna's Healing. (Auto-correct issues) lol.

      Delete
    2. And I forgot my email. Thanks.

      Justcommonly(at)gmail(dot)com

      Delete
  25. I will hold the contest for Anna's Healing open until Wednesday, February 24th. Don't forget to leave your email so I can contact you if you win this contest! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Would love to read!! I love her books!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Would love to win Ann's Healing.
    seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to win this book! I am a huge fan of Vannetta's. nashhall AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CONGRATULATIONS, Rhonda! Your name was selected to receive a copy of Anna's Healing!

      Delete
  29. I would love to enter the contest for Anna's Healing. d[dot]brookmyer[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would love to win a oopy of Anna's Healing...thank you Nancee for this opportunity.

    Blessings,
    Lorraine lorrainealx(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love to win Anna's Healing. Thank you for the chance.
    leliamae54(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would really enjoy reading Anna's Healing. I enjoy Amish fiction by Vannetta Chapman.
    diannekc8 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love Amish books. I would like to win Anna's Healing! Thanks for the opportunity!
    grandmama_brenda(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love Amish fiction! I would live to win a copy of Anna's Healing and Joshua's Mission. I tweeted and shared on FB! Thanks for the opportunity!
    grandmama_brenda(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Nancee, I would love to win Anna:s Healing. Thank you so much!
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete