War Room
by Chris Fabry
Review & GIVEAWAY!
Description
Juggling motherhood and her job as a real-estate agent, Elizabeth Jordan wishes her husband could help more around the house. But Tony’s rising career as a pharmaceutical salesman demands more and more of his time. With a nice home in the suburbs and a lovely young daughter, they appear to have it all—yet they can’t seem to spend time together without fighting. Hoping for a new listing, Elizabeth visits the home of Clara Williams, an elderly widow, and is both amused and uncomfortable when Clara starts asking pointed questions about her marriage and faith. But it’s Clara’s secret prayer room, with its walls covered in requests and answers, that has Elizabeth most intrigued . . . even if she’s not ready to take Clara’s suggestion that she create a prayer room of her own. As tensions at home escalate, though, Elizabeth begins to realize that her family is worth fighting for, and she can’t win this battle on her own. Stepping out in blind faith, putting her prayers for her family and their future in God’s hands, might be her only chance at regaining the life she was meant for.
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.christianbook.com
http://www.deepershopping.com
Biography
I was born in West Virginia in 1961. I read a
lot, but not very fast, and wrote poems and songs, and transcribed Marx
Brothers movies and memorized dialogue.
In 1984 I met Jerry Jenkins at Moody Bible Institute. He offered to help
me learn to write and I took him up on the offer. In 1998, Jerry and
Dr. Tim LaHaye hired me to help write the Left Behind: The Kids series.
After that I worked on several other series for children and then
published my first adult novel in 2008. It took more than six years to
write Dogwood and find a publisher. It received a 2009 Christy Award.
My next novel, June Bug, drew its themes from the classic Victor Hugo tale, Les Miserables. Then, Almost Heaven released and also won a Christy Award, as well as the 2011 Christian Book Award for Fiction.
Not in the Heart is another riveting, suspenseful, and yet relational story. A mystery within a mystery within an addiction. I dedicate it to all who have someone in their life who is addicted. This story also received a Christy award.
Borders of the Heart is my nod toward some of the great western writers--Cormac McCarthy and Larry McMurtry. It's a love story, a painful story of loss, a mystery, and an edge-of-your-seat thriller. I hope you enjoy the ride through Tucson and the surrounding area as much as I did.
In the past year I've also had the opportunity to craft novels based on film screenplays. The motion picture The Song released in September 2014, with my novel developed from Richard L. Ramsey's screenplay following later that year. I recently completed work on the novelization of War Room, the latest film produced by the Kendrick brothers (Courageous, Fireproof). Both film and novel were released in August 2015.
I graduated from the W. Page Pitt School of Journalism at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. I have been married to Andrea since 1982. We have nine children. In October of 2008 our family evacuated our house in Colorado, leaving behind all our belongings because of a toxic mold situation. Since then we have been living near Tucson, Arizona, working on recovering our health after the mold exposure.
Stop by my website at www.chrisfabry.com to learn more about my writing and radio endeavors, and be sure to sign up for my online newsletter, the FABRYGRAM. I can also be found on Facebook and Twitter, or you can email me at chris@chrisfabry.com.
My thoughts ~
My next novel, June Bug, drew its themes from the classic Victor Hugo tale, Les Miserables. Then, Almost Heaven released and also won a Christy Award, as well as the 2011 Christian Book Award for Fiction.
Not in the Heart is another riveting, suspenseful, and yet relational story. A mystery within a mystery within an addiction. I dedicate it to all who have someone in their life who is addicted. This story also received a Christy award.
Borders of the Heart is my nod toward some of the great western writers--Cormac McCarthy and Larry McMurtry. It's a love story, a painful story of loss, a mystery, and an edge-of-your-seat thriller. I hope you enjoy the ride through Tucson and the surrounding area as much as I did.
In the past year I've also had the opportunity to craft novels based on film screenplays. The motion picture The Song released in September 2014, with my novel developed from Richard L. Ramsey's screenplay following later that year. I recently completed work on the novelization of War Room, the latest film produced by the Kendrick brothers (Courageous, Fireproof). Both film and novel were released in August 2015.
I graduated from the W. Page Pitt School of Journalism at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia. I have been married to Andrea since 1982. We have nine children. In October of 2008 our family evacuated our house in Colorado, leaving behind all our belongings because of a toxic mold situation. Since then we have been living near Tucson, Arizona, working on recovering our health after the mold exposure.
Stop by my website at www.chrisfabry.com to learn more about my writing and radio endeavors, and be sure to sign up for my online newsletter, the FABRYGRAM. I can also be found on Facebook and Twitter, or you can email me at chris@chrisfabry.com.
My thoughts ~
War
Room is one of the most impressive Christian fiction books I've ever
read. The story strips away the outer layers of the characters in this
powerful book. By revealing negative attitudes, beliefs and actions the
Jordans are challenged to find true faith. Through fictitious characters who represent middle-class America,
the author reveals the deepest weaknesses and individual strengths each
character represents. As the Jordan family struggles through the most
difficult time in their lives, Miss Clara comes into the picture.
Miss Clara represents the epitome of Christian faith and servitude. This character had me spellbound throughout the book. I believed in her and her authenticity was impressive and contagious. She is the crux of this story! I loved everything about this beautiful lady, and was caught up in her journey with God through her War Room. There were moments that I was swept into the War Room with Miss Clara, and felt the power of the holy spirit.
Although I found the Jordan family to be somewhat superficial and unrealistic, Miss Clara's character far surpassed any lack of credibility in Tony and Elizabeth. Their daughter represented a well developed 10-year-old child in the midst of a family crisis.
I highly recommend War Room! It's a powerful journey into your heart that stirs your inner core regarding where you stand in your faith life. Savor it!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from The Book Club Network's For Readers Only program in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway
is Tuesday, February 9, 2016.
Miss Clara represents the epitome of Christian faith and servitude. This character had me spellbound throughout the book. I believed in her and her authenticity was impressive and contagious. She is the crux of this story! I loved everything about this beautiful lady, and was caught up in her journey with God through her War Room. There were moments that I was swept into the War Room with Miss Clara, and felt the power of the holy spirit.
Although I found the Jordan family to be somewhat superficial and unrealistic, Miss Clara's character far surpassed any lack of credibility in Tony and Elizabeth. Their daughter represented a well developed 10-year-old child in the midst of a family crisis.
I highly recommend War Room! It's a powerful journey into your heart that stirs your inner core regarding where you stand in your faith life. Savor it!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from The Book Club Network's For Readers Only program in exchange for my honest review. All expressed opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please
leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect
your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the
continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage
through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their
prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!


Excellent review Nancee. I have seen the movie. Would love to read the book.
ReplyDeleteLoved the movie and would love to read the book! War Room should be a life changing experience! jarning67(at)hotmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteShared on Facebook, twitter, linkedin, Google plus
ReplyDeleteOur church showed this movie Sunday afternoon. Would love to win a copy of the book I have borrowed! Thanks for your review. Our Lord Reigns. Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net
ReplyDeleteGoing to share on FB & Twitter ~ be back shortly :D
shared pinterest ~ https://www.pinterest.com/pin/215609900888669578/; FB and Twitter https://twitter.com/LaneHillHouse/status/694620920078475264 Kathleen
DeleteAlso, Google Friend Connect ~ I see the little hearts hanging down from the window ~ receiving your post notices. I have also added you to Bloglovin'
DeleteGreat review.
ReplyDeleteMarionMPC[at]AOL[dot]com
Thanks for the nice review.
ReplyDeleteJoanEC128[at]AOL[dot]com
What an informative review. Thank you
ReplyDeleteMarilynDKC[at]AOL[dot]com
Thank you for this wonderful review and giveaway.
ReplyDeletemauback55 at gmail dot com
I wish I had a dozen copies of this book to give away. This book is life changing!
ReplyDeleteLoved your review, would love to win a copy of this book.
ReplyDeleteThank you
schenk4@roadrunner.com
This review makes me want to read the book and see the movie. Krmike at aol dot com
ReplyDeleteLOVED this movie--so inspirational!
ReplyDeletevgeslak(at)yahoo(dot)com
Great review!I saw the movie but I would love to read the book.Thanks for a chance.jackie_tessnair(at)yahoo(dot)com.
ReplyDeleteI would love to win this.
ReplyDeleteI would love to win this book. I still haven't seen the movie. :-)
ReplyDeleteahenderson312(at)gmail(dot)com
DeleteI haven't seen the movie either, Melissa, but I'm glad that I read the book first. I can't imagine the movie being quite as effective as the book.
DeleteThis is definitely a book I want to read. Thanks for a chance to win
ReplyDeleteJolen(at) bright(dot) com
I would love to read this book. It sounds very encouraging and that it will speak to your heart and soul
ReplyDeletemarypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com
Maryann
Love to win this book! Shelia Hall sheliarha64(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteThanks for the interesting comments about your thoughts on this book. Enjoy your blog! sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteI hope that I can see the movie soon and I am anxious to read this book.
ReplyDeleteNancee, I follow your blog and I have shared this giveaway on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/cps1950/status/696156742531575810
Blessings!
Connie
cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com
Congratulations to Ellen Wycuff! Your name was randomly selected in this contest for a copy of War Room! I hope that you love it! It will change your life!
ReplyDelete