Monday, July 24, 2017

My Daughter's Legacy
(Cousins of the Dove #3)
by
Mindy Starns Clark 
& Leslie Gould
GIVEAWAY!



Description:

Women of Unfailing Conviction
Virginia, 1864

Therese Jennings cannot abide the thought of owning slaves. When her widowed mother inherits a plantation, Therese flees to Civil War Richmond, where she works as a governess by day and tends to wounded soldiers at night. But when trouble befalls her family, can she reconcile her obligations with her beliefs? And will love—whether with an old beau or a handsome new suitor—ever fit in her broken world?

Virginia, present day

Nicole Talbot's life is back on track after years of substance abuse. Home from college for the summer, she's finally ready to share a shocking secret, one that raises new questions about a traumatic childhood experience. But when facts she uncovers cast doubt on her family's legacy, she must risk all that she's gained—her fresh start, her family's trust, and her growing relationship with a new man—to unlock the secrets of the past.
* * *
From the Christy Award-winning team of Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould comes a thrilling tale of two women longing to follow God's leading, make the most of second chances, and find true love at last.


About the authors:

Mindy Starns Clark is the bestselling author of more than 20 books, both fiction and nonfiction, with over a million copies sold. Mindy and her husband, John, have two adult children and live in Pennsylvania. www.mindystarnsclark.com
Leslie Gould, a former magazine editor, is the author of numerous novels, including Beyond the Blue and Garden of Dreams. She received her master of fine arts degree from Portland State University and lives in Oregon with her husband, Peter, and their four children. www.lesliegould.com

My perspective ~
Of the Cousins of the Dove series this is by far my favorite! The modern day story of the Talbot family flowed seamlessly, and blended with the family history of their ancestors through Civil War times.
Nicole's story is a difficult one, plagued by memories from her past, and the battle against alcoholism in recent years. Her character is well defined and the experiences she encountered were so descriptive that my emotions took several turns. The events delineated in her family life were very well characterized and believable.
Nicole's ancestral family from the mid 1860s featured Therese, whose father was anti-slavery. In the southern states slavery was accepted as the norm, but Therese fought that reality throughout her life. The Civil War was a time of hope for her, and she followed her heart and dreams. The authors captured her essence throughout her story, and she became a favorite character. My love of Civil War literature was sated throughout Therese's story. The authors brought her to life through detailed images of her experiences.
I highly recommend My Daughter's Legacy. It won me over in so many ways. Hope and diligence are highlights of this particular book in the series. 

Disclaimer:
I received a copy of this book with no expectations for a positive review. All expressed opinions are mine own.

CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, July 31st.




19 comments:

  1. I'd love to win this book. Thanks for the opportunity!

    ckbarker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds great! I would love to win! Thanks for the giveaway.
    grandmama_brenda(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancee, I shared about the giveaway on my Cheryl Barker, Writer page on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould are excellent authors. I enjoy their books a lot and would really love to read this one. Shared on facebook and am a blog follower. Thank you for the giveaway opportunity.

    Cnnamongirl at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the first two books in the series. Thanks for this giveaway.
    JoanEC128[at]AOL[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the first two books but the first one is my favorite,so far. Thank you for the opportunity to win the third book in the series.
    MarionMPC[at]AOL[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have yet to read this series. My sister have and I intend to start reading it soon. Thanks for this great giveaway.
    MarilynDKC[at]AOL[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a great book. Thank you for the chance to win a copy.
    susanmsj at MSN dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these authors. Thank you for the chance. I follow your blog and shared on FB.
    leliamae54(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live the sound of this book. I enjoy reading about the Civil War time period and would really enjoy reading "My Daughter's Legacy".
    diannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live the sound of this book. I enjoy reading about the Civil War time period and would really enjoy reading "My Daughter's Legacy".
    diannekc8(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both these authors! What a great book combination! I would love reading this wonderful book. sonja(dot)Nishimoto at gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like my kind of reading,thanks for the giveaway and interview
    ms(dot)tweety56 (at)gmail (dot)com
    And will share on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this sounds like such a great book. I love books about hope. this period is especially special to me as both my husband and son have been doing civil war reenacting for about 20 yrs now.
    quilting(dash)lady(at)Comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I signed up for your blog and I shared on twitter
    quilting(dash)lady(at)Comcast(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these authors and would love to win a copy of this book. Thanks for the chance. 😊 gobersATembarqmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to read this series! Enter me please.
    grams57[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  18. vera wilson said

    Would love to read. Thanks for the chance.

    snoopysnop1 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a great read. Would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete