Deadly Devotion by Sandra Orchard
(Port Aster Secrets #1)
Great Suspense!
Description
Research scientist Kate Adams and her colleague Daisy are on the brink of a breakthrough for treating depression with herbal medicine when Daisy suddenly dies. Kate knows that if it hadn't been for Daisy's mentorship, she wouldn't have the job she loves or the faith she clings to. So when police rule Daisy's death a suicide, Kate is determined to unearth the truth.
Former FBI agent Tom Parker finds it hard to adjust to life back in his hometown of Port Aster. Though an old buddy gives him a job as a detective on the local police force, not everyone approves. Tom's just trying to keep a low profile, so when Kate Adams demands he reopen the investigation of her friend's death, he knows his job is at stake. In fact, despite his attraction to her, Tom thinks Kate looks a bit suspicious herself.
As evidence mounts, a web of intrigue is woven around the sleepy town of Port Aster. Can Kate uncover the truth? Or will Tom stand in her way?
Purchase this book at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com $11.66
http://www.barnesandnoble.com $11.66
http://www.christianbook.com $8.99
http://www.deepershopping.com $9.74
Former FBI agent Tom Parker finds it hard to adjust to life back in his hometown of Port Aster. Though an old buddy gives him a job as a detective on the local police force, not everyone approves. Tom's just trying to keep a low profile, so when Kate Adams demands he reopen the investigation of her friend's death, he knows his job is at stake. In fact, despite his attraction to her, Tom thinks Kate looks a bit suspicious herself.
As evidence mounts, a web of intrigue is woven around the sleepy town of Port Aster. Can Kate uncover the truth? Or will Tom stand in her way?
Purchase this book at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com $11.66
http://www.barnesandnoble.com $11.66
http://www.christianbook.com $8.99
http://www.deepershopping.com $9.74
Biography
Sandra Orchard is an award-winning author of Christian romantic suspense. She writes for Harlequin's Love Inspired Suspense line, and Revell Publishing. A member of ACFW, RWA and The Word Guild (Canada), Sandra loves to encourage other writers in their journey. Although she'd always dreamed of being a writer, she majored in math at university and didn't think she had enough imagination to write fiction. While homeschooling her children, she wrote curriculum and reviews and read...a lot. When her husband, frustrated by the growing book piles, suggested she write her own, little did he know what he'd started! She lives in Niagara, Canada with her real-life-hero husband of more than twenty-five years, and now writes full time...when not doting on their first grandchild. You can learn more about Sandra's books and bonus features at www.SandraOrchard.com
My Review ~
Kate Adams had become close friends with her mentor, Daisy Leacock, as they worked together in a research laboratory testing herbs as possible medicinal treatments. They were close to a breakthrough in a treatment for depression when Daisy was discovered dead. An investigation ensued, but with no evidence to indicate foul play aside from a cup of tea, the case was closed and Daisy's death was ruled a suicide. Kate knew her friend's strong spiritual beliefs and refused to believe that her mentor's death was self inflicted. Approaching Detective Tom Parker with her suspicions Kate insisted that she would find the truth surrounding Daisy's death. Several suspects had motives to want Daisy dead, and Kate insisted on investigating on her own to clear Daisy's name and prove she was murdered. Much to Detective Parker's dismay, Kate's insistence on following her instincts placed her in a number of dangerous situations. Parker's job was on the line because of the time he spent keeping Kate out of trouble. Kate's motives were also questioned as developments revealed themselves.
Sandra Orchard has written a compelling murder investigation that kept me on the edge of my seat and up into the wee hours of the morning! The suspense in this novel was ceaseless, and the questions regarding each of the suspects were endless! Characters in this fast-paced book are well defined and varied, some suspicious, others colorful, but all individuals of interest. The author creates settings that are detailed and descriptive, creating atmospheres of suspense in themselves. Underlying spiritual concerns were blended throughout this book, including faith and forgiveness. I thoroughly enjoyed this suspense-filled novel, and look forward to reading more books by this talented author.
CONTEST GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES:
Please comment about my review, leaving me feedback regarding your thoughts. Leave your email address using [at] and [dot] and please share this contest with your friends. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments! I am not responsible for postal loss or damage of books won in this contest. (Continental USA entries only, please)
Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway Sunday, 10-20-13!


Wow, Nancee, You made my day! I'm delighted that you enjoyed DD so much!
ReplyDeleteThank you for providing me with a copy!
ReplyDeleteI would love very much to win this book thanks
ReplyDeleteShirley B jcisforme@aol.com
Sounds like an intriguing book to read--I would love to win it. Thanks for a great review & thank you to the author for giving the opportunity to win a copy.
ReplyDeleteVicki
Looks like a good mystery/romance. Never read this author before. Sounds promising. godsreadergirl@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteGreat review Nancee!
ReplyDeleteI love the mystery genre and this sounds like it will be wonderful! Thanks for the fun giveaway! sarajohns95@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteNancee, Your review of Deadly Devotion makes it sound like a good read. I love suspense and this sounds like there is a lot of it!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading it. Thank you.
mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com
I enjoyed your wonderful, descriptive review, Nancee! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, as well as this giveaway. DEADLY DEVOTION sounds like a nail-biting suspense and I would love to win!
ReplyDeleteI have shared on FB and am an email follower!
texaggs2000 at gmail dot com
Britney! You're name was drawn! Congratulations!
Deletegood review... I read the book and loved it.... don't enter me :-)
ReplyDeleteoh, wow, this sounds like a really good book! I would love to read it!!! Thanks, Nancee!
ReplyDeleteRhonda
rhonda_nash_hall (AT) comcast (DOT) net
I shared on facebook and twitter. Rhonda
ReplyDeleteNancee thanks for a good review. Like the part of it being suspenseful. Need to help Kate solve this crime. I have shared this on my Facebook page for my family and friends. I hope Parker doesn't lose his job But I feel sure Kate knows that her friend wouldn't do this and I don't blame her for trying to find out who killed her. Please enter me in your give-away.
ReplyDeleteMaxie mac262(at)me(dot)com
This sounds like a great read. I love this genre and am always looking for more authors to try.
ReplyDeletePlease enter me in your giveaway. Thanks!
ghweaver(at)yahoo(dot)com
Nancee, Great review. I can tell I would love this one! Sonja.nishimoto (at) gmail (dot) com
ReplyDeletei love the review, and this books just what i love to read, please enter me thanks
ReplyDeleteShirley B jcisforme@aol.com
This books sounds right up my alley. I really enjoyed reading your review and certainly would love an opportunity to read this one.
ReplyDeleteKatie J.
johnsonk133(at)yahoo(dot)com
I love that the book kept you up til the wee hours of the morning... Those are my favorite! I love when books suck you in and you can't put them down! Thanks for this opportunity! katie07edgar(at)gmail(dot)com Katie Edgar
ReplyDeleteThanks for the review...the book sounds great. I enjoy books that make me forget everyday life and get totally lost in the story.
ReplyDeletelgm52(at)hotmail(dot)com
Sounds like another winner! Loved your review of this book Nancee. Another one for my wish list!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
judyjohn2004(at)yahoo(dot)com
Nancee, I shared on FB and I follow your blog!