The Christmas Quilt: Quilts of Love
Series by Vanetta Chapman
Review & GIVEAWAY!
Fruits of Labor - 5 Stars!
Fruits of Labor - 5 Stars!
Description
Annie's life is deliciously full as the Christmas season approaches. She helps her husband, Samuel, attend to the community's minor medical needs. She occasionally assists Belinda, the local midwife, and most days, she finds herself delivering the buggy to her brother Adam. Annie’s sister-in-law Leah is due to deliver their first child before Christmas morning, and Annie is determined to finish a crib quilt before the boppli arrives. With six weeks to go, she should have no problem . . . but God may have a different plan. Leah is rushed to the English hospital when the infant arrives early, and Annie discovers the Christmas quilt may hold a far greater significance than she ever imagined.
Purchase at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com $10.99
http://www.barnesandnoble.com $10.77
http://www.amazon.com $10.99
http://www.barnesandnoble.com $10.77
Biography
Vannetta Chapman holds a BA and MA degree in English and has published over one hundred articles in Christian family magazines, receiving over two dozen awards from Romance Writers of America chapter groups. She discovered her love for the Amish while researching her grandfather’s birthplace in Albion, Pennsylvania. She published a novel with Abingdon Press called A Simple Amish Christmasin October of 2010. Her first Quilt Shop Murder Mystery, Falling to Pieces (Zondervan) was released in September of 2011 and received the 2012 Carol Award for best mystery. She currently lives in the Texas hill country.
You may contact Vannetta through:
- http://vannettachapman.com.previewdns.com/
- www.facebook.com/VannettaChapmanBooks
My Review ~
Annie took advantage of her rumspringa to become a nurse. After returning to her Amish roots Annie married SamuelYoder who is an herbalist tending to the medical needs of the community. Together Annie and Samuel have assisted in numerous medical situations. The local midwife had asked for their assistance in monitoring Annie's dearest friend and sister-in-law, Leah, who is pregnant with twins and due to deliver in less than two months. Annie and Leah are as close as sisters, and with Annie also pregnant the two are excited about raising their children together. Annie has been planning to make a quilt for Leah's bopplin, but is slow in starting it. She finally has all of the fabrics and is ready to begin when Leah goes into early labor and is taken to a Philadelphia hospital with a neonatal intensive care unit in case the babies are born too soon. Leah's husband, Adam has daily farm necessities to tend to, and with Annie's nursing experience he agrees for his sister to stay with Leah at the hospital where she had worked as a nurse. With much time on their hands Leah and Annie work on the quilt while they share their deepest feelings, and pray for God's presence in their lives. Each square has a special significance.
In this Quilts of Love story numerous issues are broached. Leah and Adam's relationship had become stressful and communication had broken down. The stress of Leah's early labor brought numerous emotions and possible complications to the surface. As Leah and Annie spend a great deal of time in prayer and discussion their faith is increased. Vannetta Chapman has written a beautiful Amish romance interlaced with stressful circumstances and questioned faith while blending the lives of an Amish family and strengthening their ties. Issues of marital stress, complications of pregnancy, family, patience, faith and love are important factors brought to the surface in this beautiful story in combination with the significance of a very special quilt finished just in time for Christmas. This author is very creative and insightful, and her research into the subject matter is commendable! I highly recommend this book and would love to see a sequel!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Wynn-Wynn Media in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES:
Please comment about my review, leaving me feedback regarding your thoughts. Leave your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address, and please share my review with your friends. I'd love it if you'd join my blog! Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate all of your comments!


This book sounds soooo good. Love your review.
ReplyDeleteAmish and quilts, my two favorite subjects.
ReplyDeleteGreat review Nancee!
Cathy Weber
Cdweber20@hotmail.com
I read the first book so I look forward to continuing the story. And the cover is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteEnter me, please :)
Would love to win a copy of this book -- love Vannetta's wring style. please accept my entry. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteWonderful review, Nancee! Please enter me for a chance to win this book. Vannetta's first book in this series, A Simple Amish Christmas is one of my favorites and I am so excited to read the next story.
ReplyDeleteBrittany McEuen
kbmceuen at yahoo dot com
I loved your review Nancee. It was "simple" and did not give away too much important information. Just enough that know I want to read the book and explore Leah and Adam's relationship and learn more about Annie. Vanetta is a great author.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kristin J
keithkrisjager(at)aol(dot)com
Nice review, Nancee. I love Vannetta's books and from the looks of this one it will be enjoyable too. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on The Christmas Quilt. Ü
ReplyDeletecindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com
Fabulous review, Nancee. Book sounds awesome. Vannetta Chapman is a fantastic author. I love her books. Thank you for opportunity of a giveaway for this book. Please enter my name.
ReplyDeleteBarbara Thompson
barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com
I actually have 2 first books by Vannetta Chapman, but did not have a chance to read them yet. "The Christmas Quilt" sounds very interesting. Would love to win and read it.
ReplyDeleteJanna
brs882(at)yahoo(dot)com
Nancee, I enjoy the type of dramatic elements you described and am eager to read Vannetta's book. I appreciated your thoughts. Don't enter me, though. It's in my review e-stack!
ReplyDeleteNancee, another beautiful review! I love all of Vannetta's books and I am sure this one will be no exception! thanks! Rhonda
ReplyDeleteNancee, you are really good at reviewing. Surely everyone would love to have Vannetta's book after reading what you wrote. I know it must be good for I have a few of her books, but not nearly enough. I met her and she is a very sweet lady. Do hope death isn't in the picture for Leah or the twins. Please put my name in for the drawing, MAXIE mac262(at)me(dot)com
ReplyDeleteMAXIE, your name has been drawn! You are a winner of The Christmas Quilt! Congratulations and thank you for entering my contest!
DeleteCongratulations, Maxie!
DeleteWould love to win ....love all of Vannetta's books please enter me.
ReplyDeleteGeri Kelley
Gkkel@aol.com
Your review is very well written. Leaves me wanting to read the book. Please enter me, I would love to win.
ReplyDeletequiltenbea(at)yahoo(dot)com
I love her books and cant wait to read this! It sound so good thanks for the give away. Jennie the_tabers at comcast( bot)net.
ReplyDeleteNancee Great review. The Christmas Quilt sounds wonderful. Please enter me in contest.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the opportunity to win. I like all of Vannetta's books. augustlily06(at)aim(dot)com.
I love Christmas Amish books! I read every one I get! Hope to win this one!
ReplyDeletesusanlulu@yahoo.com
Would love to read this book. Awesome review. kfowler4827atgmaildotcom
ReplyDeleteI so loved your review and I really want to read this book.
ReplyDeletewwchildren at gmail dot com
Please put my name in the drawing. I would definitely enjoy the book.
ReplyDeleteWhat a winning combination Christmas and an Amish Story. Perfect way to put me in the holiday spirit.
ReplyDeleteLoved the review, Nancee! Tweeted it & posted on Pinterest. Can't wait to read the book! Vannetta has another winner of a story! dcasti2705@sbcglobal.net
ReplyDeleteI love Amish books and I want to become a nurse too, so this book would be awesome! I loved your review and would love to be entered in the contest. Thanks!
ReplyDeletemakeighleekyleigh at yahoo dot com
I really enjoyed your interview , the story line is really unique as most Amish novels (which are my favorite ) don't touch on all the issues that this story includes. Sometimes we as readers are left with the impression that modern medicine , marriage issues etc never intrude in in Amish lives. This story goes beyond the surface to intertwine faith and family issues in strengthening both. I am really looking forward to reading this book. The characters sound interesting as does the story line.
ReplyDeletemcnuttjem0 at gmail dot com
Jackie, your name has been drawn to win a copy of The Christmas Quilt! Congratulations, and thank you for entering this contest!
DeleteCongratulations Jackie!
DeleteThis looks like a very good book, i would so love to win, thanks for a chance, i love her books
ReplyDeleteShirley B, jcisforme@aol.com
Thank you so much to each of you who visited my blog and commented on my review. I appreciate you all! Your support is what keeps me going!
ReplyDelete