The Cat in the Window & Other Stories of the Cats We Love edited by Callie Smith Grant
Review & Giveaway!
Description
Cats are one of God's most enigmatic creatures. They're as crafty as they are cuddly, as rambunctious as they are reserved. We never quite know just what our cats are thinking--but it's perfectly obvious that they always are.
The Cat in the Window is a delightful collection of true stories that celebrate the cats in our lives. Inside you'll meet an orange tiger-striped cat who softened the hard edges of life for a young family, a skinny black-and-white stray who braved a blizzard to find a home, a fat cat who saved his owner's life one night, cats who offered comfort in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and many more. These warm stories will touch your heart and renew your spirit.
So curl up on the couch with the special cat in your life . . . and enjoy!
About The Author
Callie Smith Grant is the editor of A Dickens of a Cat, A Prince among Dogs, and The Dog Next Door. She is also the author of several nonfiction books for young readers and adults, as well as many animal-themed stories and poems that can be seen in Guideposts anthologies and in magazines such as Small Farmer's Journal.
My Review ~
The Cat in the Window is a compilation of stories composed by those whose lives have been touched in some way by a cat. The stories are as varied as the humans that tell their stories. The authors of these heartwarming stories include a veterinary technician, a teacher, authors - Robert Benson, Melody Carlson, Kathi Lipp, the late David Manuel, Callie Smith Grant, just to name a few. Each story involves how a cat has made an impact in the lives of those who opened their hearts and homes to a cat. There are cat haters who refuse to allow a cat into their lives until one day an undaunted cat makes its way onto that person's lap and into their heart. There are stories of strays, injured cats, rescues from the pound, and adoptions from friends who can no longer keep a cat. These stories are heartwarming, hopeful, joyous, and a time or two, heartbreaking.
This book of cat stories wove its way into my heart, and as I read I found myself holding the book in one hand while stroking the fur of one of my 3 cats with the other. A cat lover all my life, I could relate to some of these stories from experience, and others were new to me. Every cat that enters our lives has a different purpose and a personality all its own, and I became acquainted with felines that were new even to me. Our lives are so affected by these lovely creatures, and the authors of these stories told their tales with love and devotion to their animals. This book is a wonderful light read for cat lovers everywhere!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Revell in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. Thank you, Revell, for providing me with this book.
CONTEST GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES:
Please comment about my review, leaving me feedback regarding your thoughts. Leave your email address using [at] and [dot] and please share this contest with your friends. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments! I am not responsible for postal loss or damage of books won in this contest.

Nancee, you got me at c-a-t-s :)
ReplyDeleteestock(at)fairpoint(net)
That's what got me too, Elaine!
DeleteFirst comment is the lucky comment! Elaine, your name was drawn! Congratulations! I hope you love the book!
DeleteYay, Elaine!! Enjoy and a soft purr to go with it! Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House
Deleteso ... it sounds like Chicken Soup stories with cats as the main characters ... love Chicken Soup and love cats ....
DeleteGreat review i love cats and would love to win this book, thanks
ReplyDeleteShirley B jcisforme@aol.com
Once a cat lover, always a cat lover!
DeleteI love my cat Dixie! I love cats period! I am having a full shoulder replacement Oct 23rd, and need some good reading. Barbara Gauthier. Bgauthier49@live.com
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful companion to have with you during your recuperation, Barbara!
DeleteGreat review Nancee! I don't have any pets at the moment. I had a black and white cat that my Grandmother gave to me when she was just a kitty. I named her Missy. One day after she was all grown up she had 3 kitties and became a Momma. Sadly one was born dead and nearly broke my heart. That just always comes to mind even after all these years. I must have been 14 years old when Missy came to live with us.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
Aw, Judy, you need a new fur person! I have 3, and would take in more if I could!
DeleteEnjoyed your review. My daughter and my mother are the crazy cat people in my lives!!
ReplyDeletetissakay [at] aol [dot] com
I'm sure one of them would enjoy this book!
DeleteYour review covered all the reasons cats hold us all captive to their love and devotion. We have had several cats in our family over the years and each one gave a special memory or hold a piece of our hearts. This would be a wonderful read.
ReplyDeletemcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com
Jackie, this book has a story for everyone, something that we can all relate to.
DeleteHi Nancee. Good review. I would love to win this book for a daughter and her daughter. I call my girl the cat lady. She has four right now. She has lost several and I tho't those two would never get back to regular life. Would love to gift them with this. I will share this for others. Thanks! MAXIE mac262(at)me(dot)com
ReplyDeleteMaxie, you mean you aren't a cat lady?
DeleteNancee, enjoyed your review. Did you ever read The Cat Who Came for Christmas by Cleveland Amory? I love that book. I don't have a cat or any pet right now. In the past I traveled too much to care for one. Maybe if I read The Cat in the Window it will convince me it's time to adopt a new family member. I shared this on Pinterest, but wasn't sure of the ending date.
ReplyDeletemay_dayzee(at)yahoo(dot)com
Yes, I have read The Cat Who Came for Christmas and loved it! I'd like to read it again. Thank you for sharing. I think you should treat yourself to a new fur person! Thanks for commenting!
DeleteNancee, I'm such a cat person that it wouldn't do for me to go to a shelter because I'd want to bring them all home with me. Loved your review and can't wait to read this book. I have a NetGalley copy, so don't enter me. Keep loving on your three babies!
ReplyDeleteCarole, what would our lives be like without our wonderful fur people? I love mine so much!
DeleteI love cats and all pets in general. I would love to read The Cat In The Window.
ReplyDeleteKatie J.
johnsonk133(at)yahoo(dot)com
Each of the stories are so unique and enjoyable.Thanks for commenting!
DeleteOur cats were 17, 18, and 19 when they died ~ I agree about the "Every cat that enters our lives has a different purpose and a personality all its own..." Thank you for offering The Cat in the Window as a giveaway, Nancee. Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House lanehillhouse[at]centurylink[dot]net
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Kathleen! I find that my home isn't complete unless I have a cat to warm my lap and my heart!
DeleteDelightful review, Nancee! This sounds like a heartwarming book and makes me want to snuggle my cat right now!
ReplyDeletetexaggs2000 at gmail dot com
I know that feeling well, Britney!
Delete