Sunday, March 22, 2015

"An Amish Buggy Ride"
by 
Author Sarah Price!
Review & Ebook GIVEAWAY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!


Description

Quiet and soft-spoken, Kate Zook is the responsible eldest daughter in an Amish family and prides herself on fulfilling her role. Then, one fateful snowy night, she uncharacteristically speaks her mind—and unwittingly plays a part in a horrible accident.

Wracked by guilt over her role in the tragedy that left her brother David injured, Kate devotes herself to his care, going so far as to take on his chores in the fields. Even so, her brother’s resentment toward her grows, and David torments Kate, making her increasingly isolated life even more difficult.

Though Kate’s parents have emotionally withdrawn, someone outside the home takes an interest in Kate and notes her clear grief. Samuel, a local boy, has recently returned from a wild rumschpringe—the Amish term for exploring the wider world—and recommitted to his community. Intrigued by Kate’s gentle yet loyal ways, he begins to fall in love with her. But tensions rise as he refuses to put up with David’s rage. As Kate’s heart begins to stir and cry out for happiness, she must rely on faith to find forgiveness or risk losing out on love.


This book can be purchased at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.deepershopping.com/


Biography

ECPA Christian Fiction Bestseller (June 2014, July 2014)
Amazon Top 100 Author for Books & eBooks ( December 2012, January 2013, February 2013, April 2013, May 2013, August 2013, September 2013, February 2015)
-------------------------

Sarah Price self-published her first book, Fields of Corn, in 2009, a book she wrote thirty years earlier while studying anthropology and writing at Drew University (Madison, NJ). With her Anabaptist upbringing, she was drawn to the amazing culture of the Amish of Lancaster County where Ms. Price is heavily involved with numerous Amish communities where she is considered family by some and friend by most others. Fields of Corn became an Amazon bestseller and fans began asking her for more books.

In 2013, she signed with Realms, a division of Charisma House, to publish the Amish Classics series. Initially focusing on the retelling of Jane Austen's timeless classics from within an Amish setting, her first traditionally published book, First Impressions, A Retelling of Pride & Prejudice, debuted on the ECPA bestseller list. She intends to continue retelling classics, including the Bronte sisters and Victor Hugo, as she enjoys "raising the bar" on her own intellectual stimulation as well as that of her expansive base of loyal readers.

In 2014, she signed with Waterfall Press and published An Amish Buggy Ride which because the #1 bestseller in Religious Romance.

In 2015, she also began writing Young Adult fiction with her first book, Diehard Fangirl launching on April 17, 2015. Her focus is on helping young teenagers with self-esteem issues as well as educating parents about the good and the bad impact of social media on their daughters

Follow her on social media:
Blog:http://www.sarahpriceauthor.com.
Facebook: http://facebook.com/fansofsarahprice.
Twitter: @SarahPriceAuthr
Instagram: @SarahPriceAuthor
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/SarahPrice


My Thoughts ~

The Zook family has suffered heart wrenching tragedy, not once, but twice. The oldest daughter, Kate. takes on responsibility and guilt for both life-changing events, feeling that she could have, and should have prevented both accidents. Samuel Esh shows interest in Kate but her feelings of guilt and shame prevent her from allowing herself to believe that he may want anything more than simple friendship.

The Amish countryside is portrayed with picturesque descriptions of farms and fields that line the country roads. As the seasons change the atmosphere comes alive with new growth in the spring, to the fields being harvested in summer. Each of the characters in this story are carefully defined, solid and relatable. Their emotions are tangible and shaped with sensitivity and poignancy.

"An Amish Buggy Ride" is a beautifully told story that intensifies much like a musical composition, building in intensity as a crescendo to the grand finale. I was swept away in this inspirational story and felt it become a part of me. I will undoubtedly read this book again and again. I highly recommend "An Amish Buggy Ride!"

I've been reading Sarah's books since she began writing, with her first book, "Fields of Corn." Those early books were filled with depth and detail. Her most recent works have become outstanding in their depth of character and the wisdom she imparts. Scripture and spirituality are blended into these beautiful Amish stories in a most natural inspirational process.

Disclaimer: Thank you to Chautona Havig for gifting me with a copy of this book, with no expectations for a review. All opinions expressed are honest, my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.


CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!

Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, 3-30-15.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Nancee. Good review as usual. I have been interested in this book since I first saw it. Love the cover. Would love to win it. I am a follower of yours also.
    Maxie > mac262(at)me(dot)com ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I need more to read, but this sounds like a book I would enjoy reading and promoting, Nancee. I shared on Twitter (https://twitter.com/cjarvis831/status/580058773500219392), Facebook review page, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. I also follow your blog by e-mail. Thanks, Nancee! cjarvis [at] bellsouth [dot] net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read this since I have first heard of it Nancee. I shared on Twitter
    Shared on FB https://www.facebook.com/deanne.patterson.31/posts/718032394973048

    Shared on Pinterest
    Shared on Google Plus
    I follow you by Facebook
    I follow you by email
    I know I would enjoy reading this. Thank you for the opportunity !

    Deanne Cnnamongirl(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your review, Nancee, begs for me to read this book!
    sh2rose(at)cox(dot)net
    Thank you for this giveaway opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, Nancee! I would love to read this one for sure!
    I am a follower!

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the chance to win a great book, Nancee!

    I am a follower on FB & shared (https://www.facebook.com/trixi.oberembt/posts/931126406905929?pnref=story)
    I am a subscriber by email
    teamob4 (at) gmail (dot) com

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review Nancee !!! thank you so much !!!! this seems a heart hitter for sure !!!! I have shared this on FB and sent the email to my friends !! thank you so much for the chance to win this book !!! :-) have a wonderful day !!

    rfoley at salemstate dot edu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tweeted! I need to read this book!!! Thanks for recommending, Nancee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have space on my bookshelf for "An Amish Buggy Ride". This is an awesome chance. I've shared, hoping others will enter too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure this is a great book. I enjoyed the post. Haven't read a book by her yet, but Amish Christian fiction is my favorite genre. Hope to win! I subscribe to this blog.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think my comment went through so I am trying again. I am new to Christian Fiction. For the last 10 years I walked outside of God's favor and now I am disabled and looking to press into the Lord once again. I have never read anything about the Amish people but their lifestyle is very intriguing! God Bless You and thanks for this opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would love to win this book to read. Thanks for a chance to win.
    Juanita Cook
    seraphinangel7(at)taol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That should say seraphinangel7(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I subscribed to your blog. Thanks for a fun giveaway!!!
    angelicamac77@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the review. I subscribed to your blog and shared on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATULATIONS, Rosemary Foley! Your name was selected to win an ebook copy of "An Amish Buggy Ride!" Thank you so much for visiting my blog and entering this contest. Just a reminder to everyone else - don't forget to leave your email address so that I have a way to contact you if you should enter any of my future contests. I always feel bad for those who miss out on chances to win because they haven't left an email for me.

    ReplyDelete