Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Torn Asunder"
by Alana Terry
Review & GIVEAWAY!
1 autographed copy of "Torn Asunder"
plus
3 "Torn Asunder" audiobooks

5.0 out of 5 stars For the cause.....



Description

Hannah and Simon are ready to return home and carry the gospel to the people of North Korea. In this world of spies, secret police, and informants, they soon learn that staying together won't compromise their ministry. It could cost them both their lives. 

Two undercover missionaries delivering a single message of hope. Two Christians willing to die for the sake of the Good News. One love - more powerful than terror, more beautiful than life, and more dangerous than either of them could possibly imagine. 

A love so strong, nothing but the grave could overcome it. 

Torn Asunder is part of the Whispers of Refuge series branched off from Alana Terry's award-winning debut, The Beloved Daughter. These suspense novels tell the stories of contemporary North Koreans and can be read together or separately from Alana's other books.



This book can be purchased at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
http://www.booksamillion.com/


Biography

When Alana isn't writing, it's likely that she's on the floor wrestling with her kids. Or playing outside with her kids. Or chauffeuring her kids. Or trying some random science experiment with her kids. But she's probably not cooking or cleaning.

Alana is a homeschooling mother of three who loves to write, hates to cook, and enjoys reading a good book almost as much as she enjoys writing one.

Alana won the Women of Faith writing contest for "The Beloved Daughter," her debut inspirational novel. She has also won awards from Readers' Favorite, IndieFab (Finalist), The Book Club Network, and Grace Awards.

Alana can be contacted at the following sites:
http://www.alanaterry.com/
https://www.facebook.com/AlanaTerryWrites


My Thoughts ~

In "Torn Asunder" the author details the ministry of two young underground missionaries, graduates of the Secret Seminary sponsored by an American couple in China. Simon, Hannah and the other graduates each embark on dangerous solitary missions to deliver Christian audiotapes and New Testaments to Christian safe houses in North Korea. Trained and prepared to deliver the gospel in a hostile area, extreme dangers always surround them. They can trust no one. Hannah is very young, and Simon is concerned about her ability to accomplish her mission alone. He abandons his own mission and secretly follows Hannah along the trail to her first stop. His regard for her placed them both in imminent danger. 

Alana Terry knows her topic well and conveys a vivid portrayal of the atrocities that exist in North Korea. As she develops the story of Hannah and Simon, nothing can prepare the reader for the horrific conditions and torturous events that they experience in the jails and prison camps. Authentic and credible, the horrors of life as it exists in North Korea are presented openly and candidly, yet with dignity for those who suffered at the hands of the prison camp guards. A love that has grown between Hannah and Simon is portrayed with a passion not only for one another but for what they represent. They are prepared to die for the cause of sharing the gospel. This book is not for the weak at heart, but the intensity of what these characters represent is tenacious and praiseworthy!

I was swept into this book as I was with "The Beloved Daughter" and "Slave Again," the prequels to this book. The events as described in each of these books are what I would deem reality fiction. It opens up your mind to the realities of what lies beyond our American borders and our worst nightmares. I highly recommend this book of open and honest portrayals of the lives of missionaries in foreign countries. 


Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.


CONTEST GUIDELINES: Please leave a comment and your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address. Giveaways are limited to residents of the continental US only, please. I am not responsible for loss or damage through the postal service. Winners have one week to claim their prizes. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments!


Optional: For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, March 9, 2015.

Please note:

*** In order to qualify for this contest you must be willing to allow the author the use of your email address to receive her newsletter. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose.


18 comments:

  1. I would love to read Torn Asunder. Thank you for the opportunity.

    mauback55 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alana's books and loved every one of them. I have read Torn Asunder in e-book form and would love to have either a signed copy or an audio copy to share. Thanks for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new to me author. The story sounds really deep and emotional. I would love to read this story in print form ! This really would open my eyes, a must read !
    Deanne Cnnamongirl(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Deanne! Your name was selected as one of the winners of this contest! Happy Reading!

      Delete
  4. Shared on facebook

    Deanne Cnnamongirl(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow the blog.

    Deanne Cnnamongirl(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shared on twitter

    Deanne Cnnamongirl(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to read this book. Sonja dot nishimoto at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! Your name was selected as a winner for an audiobook copy of "Torn Asunder!"

      Delete
  8. Please don't forget to leave your email address in the event you are selected as one of the winners of this contest! It's my only way of contacting you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to win a copy to read sounds really good .Thanks for the offer.Blessings DanaGirl
    danagirlspille[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to win a copy of this book.... sounds like it will keep me on the edge of my seat !! thank you for the chance to win a great prize. I shared on FB .. thank you !! Rosemary rfoley at salemstate dot edu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! Your name was selected as a winner for an audiobook copy of "Torn Asunder!"

      Delete
  11. This book sounds really interesting. Please sign me up. sharonlsrockatsbcglobaldotnet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! Your name was selected as a winner for an audiobook copy of "Torn Asunder!"

      Delete
  12. Love the cover and it sounds interesting. Thanks for an opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alana Terry, I feel so blessed to have won a copy of Torn Asunder which you have so generously gifted. I had no idea the horrors of life as it exists in North Korea . I look forward to reading this and having my mind opened to this. Thank you for this opportunity.
    Deanne Patterson Cnnamongirl(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete