Experiencing God's Presence: Learning to Listen While You Pray by Linda Evans Shepherd
Inspiring!
Description
From the award-winning author of "When You Don't Know What to Pray "comes a bold and life-transforming book that will help readers develop a vibrant relationship with God. Linda Evans Shepherd tells readers that a fulfilling prayer life is more than just regularly talking to God or checking items off a prayer list. God loves us so much that he wants us to draw close enough not only to talk but also to listen.
Shepherd shows readers how to develop a dialogue with God, continually seeking him out and seeing him at work in our lives. Steeped in Scripture and personal stories of answered prayer, this book also includes sample prayers and action steps for readers to put into practice immediately.
Purchase your copy at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.christianbook.com
http://www.deepershopping.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.christianbook.com
http://www.deepershopping.com
Biography
I'm the Baker Revell author of When You Don't Know What to Pray, How to Talk to God about
Anything, as well as When You Can't Find God, How to Ignite the Power of His Presence. Pray with me through these books for yourself, your finances, your family, difficulties, and heartaches.
You'll discover great discussion questions in each book, plus you'll learn about a website in 'Find God' where you can watch short videos of my discussions of each 'Find God' chapter. It's a great way to invite me to your study groups!
BTW, I'm also the co-author of The Potluck Club and the Potluck Catering Club series (with Eva Marie Everson.) See www.PotluckClub.com for videos and recipes.
Also check out my new Kindle book, The Living Story - Enjoying a Powerful Walk with God. See www.EnjoyLivingStory for more details.
To learn more about me go to www.VisitLinda.com There we can chat about how I can speak at your next event!
My Review ~
A self-help book in learning how to pray effectively and listen for God's response, this book is a valuable tool in discovering God's direction for our lives. Each chapter focuses on a topic that relates to conversations with God and scriptural lessons that confirm Jesus' examples and teachings on faith, renouncing the evil one, and believing the promises in scripture through Jesus' teachings. Lessons in quieting one's mind and praying conversational prayers lead to exercises in developing trust and listening for answers to those prayers. An exercise at the end of each section gives the reader space to write down significant highlights from each prayer which may reveal an immediate answer from God, or a response that may be revealed in time.
Linda Evans Shepherd has written a powerful book illustrating practical tools for those who want a closer relationship with God. Scriptural references accurately support her examples. Lessons and prayers are practical and create an effective method of releasing the holds of evil from our lives and replacing those thoughts with faith-based beliefs. I found this book very informative and helpful in my prayer life, and will read this book again and again. I highly recommend it for those looking for a closer relationship with God. I look forward to reading more of this author's books!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through the Book Fun For Readers Only program and Revell in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review. Thank you to Fred St. Laurent and Revell for providing this book.

Nancee, this sounds like a really helpful and maybe much needed book. Thanks for your review.
ReplyDeleteNancee, what a great review! A lot of people are looking for a closer walk/relationship with God but they really don't know where to begin. This sounds like a most helpful book. I am thinking of a lady who recently started attending our Church. She is so lost, so afraid of life, and actually borders on the edge of letting fear take over her life. I'm thinking perhaps this book would be of great help to her.
ReplyDeleteJudy, this would be a wonderful book for her! If I weren't keeping it myself I'd send it to you to give to her. I have found the prayers and exercises in this book very helpful to me, and will reuse this book on a frequent basis. Watch for some giveaways. This is a fairly new release.
DeleteThank you for sharing a great review, Nancee! This sounds like a very helpful book!
ReplyDeleteNancee, I had never heard of this author, but I loved her book. Such a conversational style of writing packed with tons of memorable quotes. This is another book I will be keeping!
ReplyDelete