Raspberries and Vinegar (A Farm Fresh Romance) by Valerie Comer
Uniquely Creative & Very Enjoyable!
Description
Breaking ground with the Farm Fresh Romance series, in RASPBERRIES AND VINEGAR Josephine Shaw and her two friends renovate a dilapidated farm with their sights set on more than just their own property. However, transforming the town with their sustainable lifestyle and focus on local foods is met with more resistance than they expected, especially by neighbor Zachary Nemesek. Jo needs to learn that a little sweet makes the tart more tasty.
Purchase this book at the following locations:
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.booksamillion.com
http://www.amazon.com
http://www.barnesandnoble.com
http://www.booksamillion.com
Biography
Valerie Comer's life on a small farm in Western Canada provides the seeds for stories of inspirational romance. Like many of her characters, Valerie grows much of her own food and is active in the local foods movement as well as her church.
My Review ~
Three recent college graduates set out to change the world! Environmental purists, they purchased property in northern Idaho with plans to live a sustainable lifestyle. Unhindered by husbands or children the young women forge ahead only to discover their temporary home to be an old, filthy, mouse-infested, and dilapidated mobile home. The one benefit is indoor plumbing! Jo is convinced that the three of them can make a go of it and prove to the community that they can make a difference. The talk of the town is that they're a bit on the crazy side. A young veterinarian, Zach grew up on the farm next door to the property which formerly belonged to his grandmother, and he has no use for what the girls have planned. Fast food and a sporty car are what sustain this guy! His goals are to land a position as veterinarian in a city practice, living the good life and making big bucks! Unfortunately his puppy finds the girls enchanting, and routinely escapes his dog run to spend time with Jo and her roommates. Jo sees Zach as an attractive guy who makes her heart beat a little faster, but his lifestyle and lack of respect for the environment OR his diet set Jo's teeth on edge. The plot thickens, and numerous events create laughter, tears and hope for a better tomorrow with a little help from above.
Valerie Comer has created a remarkably unique, creative and very entertaining book in the Christian fiction sub-genre labeled "farm lit." This isn't any ordinary Christian romance. It's an environmentally friendly experience! Based on sustainable living and being friendly to the environment, this book is so much more than I expected. There is humor, romance, tragedy and an underlying Christian foundation that appeals to a wide variety of readers. The author has created an atmosphere of authenticity and honesty that evokes an abundance of emotions. I highly recommend this book if you're up for a belly laugh, a good cry, and a feel-good sense of entertainment. I look forward to the sequels to this book. I can hardly wait to see what Valerie has up her sleeve in the next installments in this creative series.
Disclaimer: I received a digital copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.


RASPBERRIES AND VINEGAR sounds delightful! Thank you for your wonderful review, Nancee!
ReplyDeleteNancee, this book sounds really good. Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Nancee! I'm delighted that you loved my story so much. The second book, Wild Mint Tea, will be out in March 2014, with the final book slated for December 2014.
ReplyDeleteWith a title like Raspberries and Vinegar I knew I had to read your review Nancee! It makes me want to read it too and I will put this on my wish list! Great review as always!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
This book came up on my price drop watch list and after reading your review, I just downloaded it. Don't know quite when I'll get to it, but it sounds like my type of book. Thanks, Nancee.
ReplyDelete