Monday, February 10, 2014

Meet Robert Valleau,
Author of Black Mesa Magic
& Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads
plus CONTEST!


Please welcome Robert Valleau! Bob has agreed to be featured on my blog, and has offered a contest consisting of 2 copies of Black Mesa Magic! Read all about Bob's experience as a writer, and leave a comment or two for Bob, and enter our contest! Thanks for joining us!

Author: Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads (Tate Publishing, Inc. Released: January 15, 2013.) Black Mesa Magic (An action adventure prequel to Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads. Released: January 10, 2014.)

http://pennhand2.wix.com/robertvalleau
http://pennhand2.wix.com/blackmesamagic

Benjamin Franklin said, “Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing.”

 A BLOSSOMING CAREER BEGINS

For over 25 years, Bob Valleau has tried to fulfill Mr. Franklin’s ideal -- especially for the Christian market. In the early 1980s, Bob freelanced articles for Group Publishing which was located in the same town where he lived in Loveland, Colorado. Group is an award-winning, interdenominational Christian publisher that provides practical resources for church youth and their leaders. Because of his experience in counseling teenagers, his strong desire to help youth leaders reach teenagers with the Gospel and his love for words,Group hired Bob as a part-time proofreader for their book department. While serving in this capacity, Bob was encouraged by Group’s editorial staff to continue writing articles for their magazines which he did on many occasions. During his tenure at Group, Bob learned from the best book and magazine editors in Christian publishing. He soon applied what he learned to his own writing and saw his career as a prolific writer blossom.

AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND GROW

In 1990, Bob relocated to San Antonio, Texas, where he was hired as a full-time staff writer for international Bible teacher Malcolm Smith, known for his teaching on The Blood Covenant, and his Covenant Love Ministries. Bob wrote marketing copy for the Ministry’s catalogs, brochures and fliers. During his five-year stay, he wrote nearly 1,000 commercials for Malcolm’s national daily radio and television broadcasts. Bob also wrote numerous feature articles for the Ministry’s bi-monthly magazine, Covenant Love. These inspiring articles gave hope and encouragement to many who sought answers on how to live the Christian life. Bob was the lead writer for several of the Ministry’s major fund-raising campaigns, ghostwriting fund letters that generated thousands of dollars for the Ministry‘s many outreaches. In 1995, the American Christian Writers Association recognized Bob’s diverse writing skills -- and his significant contributions to Christian writing -- by awarding him San Antonio’s Christian Writer of the Year.

SPREADING THE GOOD NEWS

In 1996, Bob relocated to Dallas, Texas, where he worked as a full-time staff writer for international Bible teacher and bestselling author, Bob George, who wrote, Classic Christianity. Bob wrote for Bob George’s People to People Ministries (now known as Basic Gospel) in the same vein as he did for Malcolm Smith. In addition to his writing and editing responsibilities, Bob served as a biblical counselor to listeners who called the People to People daily radio broadcast. He offered valuable insights to people seeking advice on a multitude of topics. After leaving People to People Ministries in 2000, Bob continued to expand his writing skills as he incorporated ghostwriting for several Christian and non-Christian organizations. Since then, he has written articles for local newspapers, national magazines and online content for various web sites.

A GRATEFUL HEART

Bob thanks God to have worked for two respected ministries: one ministry focusing on God’s unconditional love and the other on God’s amazing grace. Bob lives in Dallas, Texas, where he continues to use his God-given talent as a Christian writer and author.

CREDITS
Bob’s writing has appeared in the following publications and online sites: Group Magazine; Group’s Jr. High Ministry Magazine; The Best of Group’s Jr. High Ministry Magazine (book); Group’s Youth Ministry Cargo (book); Group’s How-to Bible Study Guide for Youth Groups (book); Covenant Love Ministries Magazine; Christian Retailing Magazine; San Antonio’s Singles Magazine; Junior Baseball Magazine; People to People Broadcaster; The Voice Magazine; The Trinity e-Journal; Ruby Magazine Weekly; The Cypress Times; The Dallas Morning News; The Christian Press; Trinitas Magazine; Sisters of The Faith; Glory Magazine; Faithwriters; Faithreaders; StumbleUpon; DerDiZ; Virtual Provisions; Burbmom.net; neighborsgo.com; ITHIRSTNW (a monthly inspirational stories web site); Ink and Pen Writer; Bible Vector; Higher Ground United; Upon the Solid Rock; Healthy Living for Disciples; Paradise Christian Store; My Write Along; He Is Able (blog); Funny Fiction; Surviving Stormy Seas (e-book, Ball Publications); OMFLiterature-Wordpress; How to Live Holy; The Christian Writer's Corner; The Holy Story; The Cutting Edge; Jewels of Encouragement; Emily M. Aiken Blog; Mission Schools International; d-mars Marketing and Communication's Faith Based Journal; Christian Homeschooling Online; Common-Sense Wisdom (blog); churchbooklive (Christian social networking site); New Life Today (blog); Word Salt; victoryreportonline (a Texas panhandle Christian newspaper).

Top 25 Authors: AUTHORSdB.com


My reviews for both Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads & Black Mesa Magic can be found here on my blog:
http://perspectivesbynancee.blogspot.com/2013/08/mystic-dreams-and-dusty-roads-by-robert.html
http://perspectivesbynancee.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html

CONTEST GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES:
Please leave your email address using [at] and [dot] and please share this contest with your friends. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments! I am not responsible for postal loss or damage of books won in this contest.

Optional: 
For additional chances to win this giveaway, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway is Monday, 2-17-2014.

DISCLAIMER: "Black Mesa Magic" is considered "Edgy" Christian Fiction, containing a segment of violence involving gunshots pertinent to the story, and an intimate encounter, not graphic, however.

25 comments:

  1. I love meeting new Christian authors and would so love to win your autographed novel!
    flowersmarylou85(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Lou, for taking the time to read about me.

      Delete
    2. Mary Lou, CONGRATULATIONS! You are our second winner of an autographed copy of Black Mesa Magic!

      Delete
  2. It is always fun to become acquainted with Christian authors. It would be a pleasure to be able to read your book and I hope that I will have an opportunity to do just that. Thanks, Nancee, for the nice opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sonja! I also thank Nancee for this opportunity to share with you and others.

      Delete
  3. I loved reading Robert's first book in the series Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads. I am really looking forward to reading the second one Black Mesa Magic. Robert is a wonderful person and a great author. I would love it if a won an autographed copy. Thank you so much for the opportunity to maybe win one. Have a Blessed Day!
    donellacallen(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my debut novel, Donella! Thank you, and God bless.

      Delete
    2. CONGRATULATIONS, Donella! You have won an autographed copy of Black Mesa Magic!

      Delete
  4. Nancee, Thank you for featuring Bob Valleau. It is nice learning of new authors. He certainly has been successful in fulfilling Benjamin Franklin's quote .
    Thank you
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, it's been a challenge, at times, yet an extreme joy to write for the Lord. I thank Him every day for the talent and skills He has given me. Thank you for your kind comment.

      Delete
  5. It's great to see you all visiting and commenting, making Bob feel welcome. Mystic Dreams and Dusty Roads will always live in my heart. It's a book I will read again. I'm so happy that he wrote the prequel to the book, and is now writing a sequel! Look forward to more from Robert Valleau in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This is exciting, Nancee! Thank you for giving me this opportunity to share with others. As a relatively unknown or first-time author, I appreciate everyone's support and encouragement.

      Delete
    3. It's a pleasure sharing about you and your writing career, Bob! I'm happy to help promote your books!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this wonderful spotlight, Nancee! I enjoyed learning about Robert Valleau's writing journey and look forward to reading his books!

    texaggs2000 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Britney, for reading about my writing journey. Aside from seeing my work in print (or digital), the greatest joy for a Christian writer/author is to hear of someone being blessed by what I've written. I praise God for people, like you, who are eager to read a good story or to read about something that could change their life.

      Delete
  7. I am always looking to read christian books by new authors.Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to reading your books.jackie_tessnair@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading about me, Jackie! I appreciate your interest in my books.

      Delete
  8. Comment made for Linda Robinson who is unable to comment:"I'm happy to see other authors here, especially my dear friend Bob Valleau. I have enjoyed reading both of his books." Linda Robinson, Author of When Love Abounds and Rails of Freedom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda, for your comment and encouragement. You don't know how much you have helped me this past year!

      Delete
  9. My pleasure, Bob. We help and encourage each other. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like learning about new Authors. Very much would like to read Roberts books.
    Good Christian Authors is what we need. Thanks.
    Carolyn Jefferson
    carolynj67@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for visiting my blog and leaving comments for Bob! Thank you, Bob, for allowing me to feature you on my blog. Congratulations to the winners of this contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks to everyone who participated in this contest, and congratulations to the winners! I felt honored to be featured on your blog, Nancee. God bless all that you do for authors.

      Delete