Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Scraps of Evidence 
(Quilts of Love)
by Barbara Cameron

4.0 out of 5 stars A Quilt & A Serial Killer




Description


Tess has taken some ribbing from her fellow officer, Logan,for her quilting hobby. He finds it hard to align the brisk professional officer he patrols with during the day with the one who quilts in her off-time. Besides, he’s been trying to get to know her better and he’d like to be seeing her during those couple nights a week she spends with her quilting guild.
Then one afternoon Tess and Logan visit her aunt in the nursing home and she acts agitated when Tess covers her with the story quilt. Aunt Susan seems to be communicating a message to them about Tess’s uncle. There’s a story behind this quilt, they realize, one that may lead them to a serial killer. Will they have a chance to have a future together or will the killer choose Tess for his next victim before they find him?


This book can be purchased at the following locations:
 http://www.amazon.com/,  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/,  http://www.christianbook.com/, http://www.deepershopping.com/                                                           
Biography
CBD, CBA, and ECPA bestselling author of 35 books (including new series upcoming for Abingdon Press in 2011/2012) including fiction and non-fiction books for Abingdon Press, Thomas Nelson, Harlequin, and other publishers.
I sold three films to HBO/Cinemax and am the first winner of the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart Award.
My two novellas won the 2nd and 3rd place in the Inspirational Readers Choice Contest from the Faith, Love, and Hope chapter of RWA. Both were finalists for the novella category of the Carol Award of the American Christian Writers Award (ACFW).

The author can be found at http://barbaracameron.com/, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barbara-Cameron-Reader-Page/359763767479635
My Review ~
Scraps of Evidence is quite a surprise for those of us who are avid readers of Barbara Cameron's Amish fiction! Tess is a native of St. Augustine, Florida. She has recently been promoted to detective, and her new partner is a big city guy from Chicago. As Tess gives Logan a tour of the locale to acquaint him with the areas of the city where crime has been a problem, he enjoys her company as well as the tour. One of their current roles as detectives involves investigating leads and information regarding a serial killer. The killer's first victim was Tess's childhood best friend, her body discovered in the park near a lighthouse in the area. As the partners are becoming more acquainted another murder takes place with remarkable parallels to the murder of Tess's friend. Will Tess and Logan discover any clues to the loss of Tess's best friend through the investigation of this most recent murder? As a way to relieve tension Tess begins a new quilt based on the lighthouse, so much a part of her life. Will the quilt reveal any clues that point to the killer?

Barbara Cameron has created a fast paced plot in this cozy mystery. It's obvious that she has done her homework. Her attention to detail reveals accuracy pertaining to crime solving techniques, as well as a beautiful and pictorial description of St. Augustine. I have never been there, but through Barbara's eyes and descriptive technique, I feel as if I have visited the oldest city in the United States. As this book began to propel I didn't want to put it down. I think that the author has proven herself worthy of writing a good mystery as well as excellent Amish fiction. I enjoyed this installment in the Quilts of Love series, and recommend it to those who love a cozy mystery blended with a dash of romance. 

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Wynn-Wynn Media in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

6 comments:

  1. Great review.This is different from the other Barbara Cameron books I have read.I am looking forward to reading this one.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, this was quite a treat, reading a cozy mystery by Barbara Cameron. I love her Amish fiction, and have for a long time, but she proved that she is very capable of writing other genres!

      Delete
  2. Hello Nancee!
    This is on my want list! I am hoping to collect all of the quilts of love series and especially love suspense ones. Thanks for telling us what you thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved these of Quilts of Love books. They're all wonderful and have their own personalities just like each author does. I love that Barbara Cameron took a step out of her comfort zone and wrote this cozy mystery!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review, Nancee! I love the Quilts of Love books that I have read and am eager to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Quilts of Love books have been so much fun to read! I look forward to each one!

    ReplyDelete