Smitten Book Club
by
Colleen Coble,
Kristin Billerbeck,
Diann Hunt
& Denise Hunter
Review & GIVEAWAY!
Love Is In The Air!
Review & GIVEAWAY!
Description
The century-old Gentlewoman’s Guide to Love and Courtship is no ordinary book club choice. But for the little book club in Smitten, Vermont, it might be their best pick yet!
The thick, leathery tome Heather pulled out of the dusty cardboard box was definitely coming home with her. Not only was The Gentlewoman’s Guide to Love and Courtship an appealing curiosity by virtue of its title; it was also written by Smitten, Vermont native Pearl Chambers, a local gentlewoman from three generations back.
Little did Heather know the repercussions this little curiosity would have on her and her friends’ romantic exploits.
When Heather and her fellow book club members begin passing the book around, their respective interpretations are unleashed on their respective love lives . . . for better or for worse. Is it a mystery? An idealist fantasy? An intimation of Jane Austen? As romantic love finds its way to each woman, the Guide proves itself both surprisingly prescient and hilariously irrelevant.
What’s more, a handwritten inscription indicates that the arcane book might hold the only extant clues leading to buried gold—exactly what one of the members needs to keep her house. How could they not go treasure hunting?
In this remarkable collaborative novel, besties Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, Denise Hunter, and Diann Hunt tackle the tale of the Gentlewoman’s Guide by writing for one book club member apiece. Smitten Book Club is a hopeful, hilarious story of friendship and healing, written by friends for friends.
Purchase here: http://www.amazon.com/, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/, http://www.christianbook.com/, http://www.deepershopping.com/
About the authors
RITA-finalist Colleen Coble is the author of several best-selling romantic suspense novels, including "Tidewater Inn", and the Mercy Falls, Lonestar, and Rock Harbor series. * Christy Award finalist and two-time winner of the ACFW Book of the Year award, Kristin Billerbeck has appeared on The Today Show and has been featured in the New York Times. Her books include "A Billion Reasons Why" and "What a Girl Wants." * Denise Hunter is the award-winning and best-selling author of several novels, including "A Cowboy's Touch" and "Sweetwater Gap." She and her husband are raising three boys in Indiana. * Diann Hunt was a writer of romantic comedy and humorous women’s fiction. She lost her courageous battle with cancer last fall. A Hallmark Channel adaptation of her novel "For Better or For Worse" will air fall 2014..
My Review ~
People comes from miles around to the cozy town of Smitten where romance seems to emanate from its quaint and scenic charm. Four young women who have lived in Smitten their entire lives have definitely seen the changes that have come to Smitten over the years. In this compilation of four different stories told by four completely different authors, each of these young women's stories unfolds. Their common bond is the Smitten Book Club where they meet on Friday nights and discuss the book of the week, among other things. Romance appears to be in the air where these young women are concerned, as well as to those who come from far and near to discover the ambiance for which Smitten is known. Is it the charm of Smitten and those who dreamily ride in carriages down the streets through town that affects these young women, or is it destiny that true love eventually blossoms in the hearts of these lifelong residents?
The authors have done a wonderful job of blending the lives of these four women in the town of Smitten. They have obviously worked well together to pull these stories into one amazing novel. Each story is well told with charming detail of both the community and their characters. I feel as if I've been to Smitten through the lives of these young women whose lives have intertwined since childhood, and have seen each other through tough times and happy days. It's a lovely compilation of circumstances and people overcoming somewhat overwhelming obstacles, and helping one another through difficult times to bring one another hope. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the stories told with imagination and romance. I look forward to reading the other books written about Smitten! By all means, pick up a copy and relax with a cup of your favorite beverage, and enjoy!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through LitFuse Publicity Group in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES:
Please leave a comment regarding your thoughts. Leave your email address using [at] and [dot] to avoid spamming, and please share this contest with your friends. Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I appreciate all of your comments! I am not responsible for postal loss or damage of books won in this contest.
Optional: For additional chances to win this book, share this contest through either Twitter or Facebook, and sign up to follow my blog. Please let me know what you did for extra chances to win. Deadline for this giveaway Monday, 2-24-14!


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeletePlease don't enter me. I have won this book!
DeleteBlessings!
Judy B
Nancee, as always your review was spot on. I to enjoyed this book!
ReplyDeleteHi Nancee,
ReplyDeleteI recently read Smitten and it is was such a good book! I am planning on reading Secretly Smitten soon and would love to win Smitten Book Club. Thanks for the chance!
I follow by email.
Blessings,
Brittany McEuen
kbmceuen at yahoo dot com
Great review Nancy and I would live to win .The book sounds so good .
ReplyDeletelizd225(at)gmail.com
I shared this on FB too .
ReplyDeletelizd225(at)gmail(dot)com
Looks like a must read. Shared on Facebook. momtr3(at)yahoo(dot)com
ReplyDeleteSo sad to know that this is the last and final Smitten book. I'm truly going to miss the writing of Diann Hunt.
ReplyDeletetumcsec (at) gmail (dot) com
I have heard great things about this book! Thanks for sharing the review with us.
ReplyDeletelattebooks at hotmail dot com
Hi, Nancee! Well-written review! I am part of a few online book clubs and love them; it would be neat to read this book! Thanks for the giveaway! I shared on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, and I've been following your blog.
ReplyDeletelitteraegaudium (at) aol (dot) com
Sarah Snider! Congratulations! Your name was drawn in this contest for a copy of Smitten Book Club!
DeleteHi Nancy. This sounds like a good fun book. Wish I had a club with 4 friends I grew up with. What fun, but all scattered in other places. I am a follower of yours and I shared this on FB for my family and friends to see. Thanks for a good review. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMaxie mac262(at)me(dot)com
This sounds like a great book. I loved the first one and have the second one but haven't had a chance to read it yet.
ReplyDeleteI am a follower of yours and I shared on FB.
susanmsj at msn dot com
Shared on FB and tweeted. I would love to read this book! Look forward to following your blog! Enjoyed reading your review!
ReplyDeleteTeresa Sheroke tsheroke(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
I had seen this book, but had NO idea it was about a town and the love lives of the folks from Smitten!! But after reading that awesome review, I am anxious now to put it on my must read list!! I loved the interview with the authors, as I enjoy knowing they are women who love God and family, just like me!!! Thank you so much for the opportunity to win this book. I will share this on FB and follow you as well. May God continue His blessings on all you lovely talented ladies! ratsmith140(at)gmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great book. Enjoyed your review. Shared on FB.
ReplyDeleteCarol Smith penelope223 (at)yahoo(dot)com
Wonderful review!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to miss Diann Hunt.
Many, many thanks to all of you for commenting on my review and entering this contest! I appreciate you taking the time to visit. I think I should be checking my blog comments throughout the day though! I must say that after babysitting my favorite little granddaughter all day, coming home to these responses just warms my heart! Good luck in the drawing!
ReplyDeleteOh, this sounds wonderful! I'd love to win a copy!
ReplyDeletekathae at jacobfam dot net
This sounds so fun. I'd love to win it! Sonja dot Nishimoto at gmail dot com
ReplyDeleteThis sounds wonderful - thanks for the possibility to enter this lovely giveaway !
ReplyDeleteI follow the blog and I shared the giveaway via FB.
janka(dot)halcinova(at)gmail(dot)com
Nancee, Great review. Loved the way this book was co written the story line looks great. Thanks for review and giveaway.
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog, which I enjoy very much.
mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com
I read great things about this book . Would love to win it! And I signed up to follow your blog. rmaney@firstarpchurch.org
ReplyDeleteI've not read any of the Smitten books, but they sound like a fun read!
ReplyDeleteI follow via e-mail
pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com
I listened to the first one on CD. Looking forward to the rest! Would love to win a copy. :)
ReplyDelete6harmers(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
I haven't been on my computer today, and I'm so thrilled to see so many of you interested in this book. Thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog! I wish that I could gift every one of you with a copy of this book! Good luck in the drawing!
ReplyDeleteI loved your review and love Smitten. I follow by email and GFC.
ReplyDeleteboernerb at fuse dot net
I also tweeted about the contest. https://twitter.com/Ohiohomeschool/status/437241542370017280
DeleteThank you for participating in my contest and sharing!
DeleteThis looks like such a fun book! It would so neat to find a book written by someone in your own small town (I am from a small town). I love these authors too! Thank you for this opportunity! I am already subscribed to your blog and shared this on Facebook! katie07edgar[at]gmail[dot]com Katie Edgar
ReplyDeleteGreat review Nancee!I am looking forward to reading this book.Thanks for sharing.jackie_tessnair{at}yahoo{dot}com
ReplyDeleteAlso, I follow by email. :)
ReplyDeletecyndilou83(at)gmail(dot)com
I have been looking forward to this one for some time now! Good review!!
ReplyDeletecyndilou83(at)gmail(dot)com
Thank you for visiting and commenting on my review! You readers are what keep me going. Like authors, reviewers are pretty isolated much of the time, and it's heartwarming to have you join me on my blog. Thanks for being here!
ReplyDeleteSarah Snider's name was drawn for this contest! Congratulations! Thank you to everyone who visited my blog, commented, and is following the blog. I appreciate all of your wonderful comments, and am so happy to have the opportunity to share a book with you when possible!
ReplyDelete