Unspeakable Actions!
Description
In a 1982 New Orleans courtroom the best kept secret in the world is about to unravel, and a young couple's jet set lives are about to change. Senior district attorney Peter Jacobs is facing the trial of a lifetime, a passionate, spiritual battle against an evil with far reaching consequences. His beloved wife Rebecca, a glamorous and driven partner at a major law firm, suddenly finds her life spun out of control and her new faith tested while facing a once in a lifetime choice.
New from lawyer-turned-novelist Pamela Binnings Ewen, An Accidental Life is fiction based on fact: the testimony of registered nurse Jill Stanek before a U.S. Congressional Committee confirming that it was routine for doctors in Chicago's Christ Hospital to have nurses take infants born alive during abortions down to a "soiled utility room" and leave them to die.
Stanek's testimony led Congress to enact the Born Alive Infant Protection Act of 2001, a federal-only law that still does not bind state run hospitals or private clinics. The fact remains that what happens to abortion survivors is one of the best kept secrets in the world.
Available at your local bookstore and websites listed below:
http://www.deepershopping.com $9.74
http://www.amazon.com $11.09 paperback
http://www.barnesandnoble.com $11.09 paperback
http://www.christianbook.com $10.99
Biography
After practicing law for many in Houston, Texas, Pamela Binnings Ewen turned to writing. She lives in Mandeville, Louisiana near New Orleans. She is the author of The Moon in the Mango Tree, and five other books. Based on a true story, The Moon in the Mango tree was awarded the 2012 Eudora Welty Memorial Award by the National League of American Pen Women.
Pamela is the author of four novels and one book of non-fiction, all published by B&H Publishing Group. In addition to the Moon in the Mango Tree, her other novels include Secret of the Shroud, Dancing on Glass, Chasing the Wind, and An Accidental Life, which will be released September, 2013. Both the Moon in the Mango Tree and Dancing on Glass were Christy Award Finalists. Dancing on Glass won a Single Titles Reviewers Choice Award in 2011, and Chasing the Wind, released in 2012, was chosen as a ‘Top Pick’ by RT Reviews.
A second, updated edition of Pamela’s best-selling non-fiction book, Faith on Trial, will also be released in September, 2013. Faith on Trial examines the evidence supporting fundamental Christian beliefs, a book for those who have dark questions and want answers—for those who don’t have the gift of faith. This book was used as a text at Yale Law School in 2000, along with The Case for Christ. The new edition also includes a ‘User’s Guide’.
Pamela is currently a member of the board of directors of The Tennessee Williams Festival in New Orleans. She is also the President of the Northshore Literary Society. In 2009 Pamela received the President’s Arts Award from the Cultural Commission of St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana as Literary Artist of the Year.
My Review ~
Rebecca and Peter Jacobs have persevered in climbing their respective corporate ladders to achieve their highest goals. Rebecca has attained the status of partner in a prestigious law firm, and Peter is a Senior Assistant District Attorney. Deeply in love and living a life of affluence the couple is suddenly faced with life-changing events, and Peter is facing the most challenging and heart wrenching case in his career. "An Accidental Life" reveals one of the country's most despicable secrets, late-term abortion by induction, producing live-born fetuses. This story is based on factual testimony in a case before a US Congressional Committee regarding live-born fetuses who are placed in soiled utility rooms to die.
The author has broached the topic of abortion in a very sensitive and compassionate manner, with candor, truth and honesty. A cast of distinctive characters are presented in a credible style and their lives are interwoven throughout this unfolding drama. The investigation and courtroom scenes are authentic, compelling and pragmatic! I am impressed with the author's capacity to present factual events in a fictional manner creating an emotional roller coaster for the reader. This book is powerful and influential!
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Wynn-Wynn Media in exchange for my honest review. All opinions expressed are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.
CONTEST GIVEAWAY GUIDELINES:
Please comment about my review, leaving me feedback regarding your thoughts, rather than just stating that you want to win this book. Leave your email address using [at] and [dot] to protect your email address, and please share my blog review with your friends in order to qualify for this contest. Thank you very much for visiting my blog!


i would really love to win this book, thank you
ReplyDeletejcisforme@aol.com
Great review Nancee! I always enjoy your reviews!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Judy B
Oh my...I love fiction books based on real events. Wonderful review...your thoughts make me want to read the book as much or more than the synopsis itself. This book is intriguing to me because I once directed a Crisis Pregnancy Center in TN and counseled with women who were considering abortion. The introduction of ultrasound machines in crisis pregnancy centers and the Born Alive Infant Protection Act are two of the most important recent advancements for the Right To Life cause!
ReplyDeleteReally want to read this book...thanks for highlighting it!
Blessings,
Jennifer
jenmom1707(at)yahoo(dot)com
I LOVED this book so much! Nancee, your review was so well written! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for helping out all of these wonderful authors.
ReplyDeleteWhat a tremendous review you wrote, Nancee! Having read your thoughts about this book, I certainly feel compelled to read it! Thank you for your review and giveaway!
ReplyDeletetexaggs2000 at gmail dot com
Don't enter me because I've got this book on NetGalley. I just wanted to say that this author has been on my "want to try" list for a good while, as I believe she writes in the more literary style that I enjoy. Your review makes me even more eager, Nancee!
ReplyDeleteYou did a very good job on this review Nancee. I have been seeing a lot about this lately and it makes me sick. I don't know how our laws can let it be legal. It's awful. Would hate to be that DA or the lawyer. I would like to win this book. Please put my name in. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteMAXIE mac262(at)me(dot)com
Great review Nancee. Would love to win & read this book.
ReplyDeleteGood review, Nancee. You have me curious as to how the author wrote such a sensitive topic as well as you described. Can't wait to read this one.
ReplyDeletePlease enter my name in the drawing. I shared this on my Facebook timeline.
Ooops, forgot to leave my email addy.
Deletecindialtman(at)gmail(dot)com
Cindi, your name was drawn for this giveaway! Congnratulations! I hope that you enjoy the book as much as I did.
DeleteI usually don't care for this kind of book, but your review, Nancee, changed my mind. From your review, this book sounds so interesting and intriguing. It's almost spooky to me that I like it and want to read it. Another plus, the author is from my home state, Louisiana. I'm sharing your blog review with friends. I think they will be very interested in this book. Thanks, Nancee!! Great Job!!
ReplyDeleteBarbara Thompson
barbmaci61(at)yahoo(dot)com
Nancy, I forgot to say that I shared this on my Facebook page so my friends and family will see it. Good job.
ReplyDeleteMaxie mac262(at)me(dot)com